• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Just Starting This...

User Info: Genyosai3

Genyosai3
3 months ago#21
I forgot about The Eternal Ordeal lol.

It's exactly that, an endurance test with Zoteling enemies, just a love letter to the fans, but you can tell Team Cherry loves this guy, and as someone who slowly but surely fell in love with this character I can certainly appreciate that.

Kill 50 and get a different title screen, along with him humming the theme. for everyone who loves Zote.
Devil May Cry = Stylish combos good.
Blazblue = Stylish combos bad.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#22
It's exactly that, an endurance test with Zoteling enemies, just a love letter to the fans, but you can tell Team Cherry loves this guy,

Yeah, I tried it out last night...definitely quite silly and I got myself killed pretty quickly into it. Maybe I'll go for the target wins later on. Was cool that there was a bunch of Zote variations that never made it into the main game.

And I have to give you credit for the great advice on Pure Vessel. I went back and threw out my strategy from before and used your method of jumping all the time. I couldn't quite "jump on teleport" since there could be delays and sometimes he'd fire off a melee attack without teleporting but I understood the spirit behind it.

What did work was me trying to attack after every single move he does. I'd usually dodge and then attack him exactly once. Not only did this keep the damage up, I found the attack could usually trigger him to automatically go into his next attack. This made it much easier to get the timing down since I learned to jump away from him after every attack since he'd quickly start the next one. Easily the worst was still the melee attack since he would fire that off almost immediately after I attacked and I'd often get hit, especially if my first jump wasn't high enough...I saw a bunch of points where it looked like I should be hit by the attack but I guess there's a safe spot if you're high enough...I felt the same on his ground-stab since I was hit by his body on the way down a number of times but cleared the sword so I took no damage. And jumping before the ground pound seems to make it much easier to dodge the spikes since they're thicker on the ground.

The sword throws weren't too bad but could be tricky if I dashed into them took quickly and would get hit when the i-frames ran out. The sphere explosions were pretty easy to deal since I'm not dashing into them but it was rare that I could safely get a hit in...especially since this would trigger an attack and it'd be bad if he attacked while the explosions were still going off...but I could usually throw a fireball at him during the start of the move for some damage. For tendrils, I'd usually be in the air when they started so I'd dash away if I was too far or I'd dash over his head and get a couple stabs in. Took another hour and a half of work but I finally got the jerk. Was the only boss I couldn't beat legitimately so I was pretty pleased there. Much harder than Nightmare King, in my opinion.

Even so, I have zero confidence of completing his Pantheon. Well over half of my attempts were doomed within ten seconds of the fight when I'd just get off to a bad start. Plus it's so easy to just "lose it" in a fight where you get tagged and this throws off your timing and focus and leads to two or three more hits and a ruined attempt. Don't think I could do that after 20 minutes of bossfights leading up to it.

So that's probably it and we'll be taking a break for a while. Only part I wished for was a fight against maybe the Pale King or more of his Knights but then I realized that content is probably better saved for Hornet's game anyway. Thanks for all the help, sir!

Genyosai3
3 months ago#23
On the contrary, thank you. These last couple of days have been pretty cathartic for me. I just so happened to look up some info on a glitch and tried to see if anyone else would get it(every now and then when I lost in one of the pantheons, I couldn't change my charm loadout on a bench) then I found you here, recording all your progress, and I put in my two cents. The other forums I normally visit are pretty toxic, but it was nice to actually talk about a game instead of a bunch of random crap for once. Good luck out there.

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#24
On the contrary, thank you. These last couple of days have been pretty cathartic for me.

Well, glad you enjoyed the write-ups. They're somewhat cathartic to me to just put down my thoughts.

I found the mossbag guy on YouTube and watched most of his videos and was pretty surprised at how deep the lore can be as well as how many clues there are over what happens. I disagree with a few of his conclusions (I think Pale King is alive or was reborn again) but the info he shows is really nice to help make theories. I remember having no clue why the main character was a "suitable vessel" but now I have a few ideas.

The other forums I normally visit are pretty toxic, but it was nice to actually talk about a game instead of a bunch of random crap for once.

I'll dive into the muck here and there but usually in small doses. Just talking about the games is where it's at.

Genyosai3
3 months ago#25
Yeah, a couple of guys that go into lore and gameplay are Mossbag, Perpetual Noob, and Rusty Superforge. Those are just my favorites to watch random HK videos, although the lore well has been running a little dry lately because of how old the game is, but when Silksong pops up(which I hope you have a PC or Switch for, no PS4 as of right now)all sorts of vids and speculations will come up with them.

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#26
Yeah, a couple of guys that go into lore and gameplay are Mossbag, Perpetual Noob, and Rusty Superforge. Those are just my favorites to watch random HK videos

I watched most of the lore videos of Mossbag (but skipped some of his preview vids) and that had most of the info I needed. And, I agree, there's only so much lore discussion so once I watched them once, that was about what I needed.

but when Silksong pops up(which I hope you have a PC or Switch for, no PS4 as of right now)all sorts of vids and speculations will come up with them.

Yeah, hopefully a PS4 version comes later like it did with HK. In either case, I usually will play the game completely first and then watch the videos to fill in the blanks. I'm mostly avoiding any Silksong coverage.
  1. Boards
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Just Starting This...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A