• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Exystence

Exystence
3 months ago#11
I guess I’m kind of confused. Again, it’s been a while for me so I’m not positive if I can help so specifically, but... how many and which bosses have you beaten? What’s the name of the area you are in now?
~Exy || rateyourmusic.com/~Exystence
Don't be a henchman! Stand on your laurels! Do what no one else does and praise the good of other men for good man's sake!

User Info: mattack1

mattack1
3 months ago#12
I’ll hopefully answer later today/tonight when I’m in front of the game. The info I remember now:

Really I think there’s only one boss I’ve beaten - the big ball guy about 5 screens directly right once you enter underground.

I’ve found the map guy underground but not been offered MORE maps. I have the one map and the quill.

Even looking through the faq/walkthrough is confusing since it is based on you doing it right then and there and doesn’t show you on the map where things are.

Exystence
3 months ago#13
Was it a boss with a name and a health bar? Gruz Mother or False Knight?

Have you found the Vengeful Spirit spell? That will allow you to kill the enemy blocking your path down one of the rooms on the left side of the long vertical room to the left of the entrance to underground Dirtmouth.

I’m confused at where you are right now because it seems like you’re still really early on, having only beat once boss, yet you’re by “crystal shooting bugs” which unless I’m mistaken are in a pretty mid-to-late game area... very confused lol
Don't be a henchman! Stand on your laurels! Do what no one else does and praise the good of other men for good man's sake!
(edited 3 months ago)

Exystence
3 months ago#14
If you’re looking for a guide with maps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936948247

User Info: Hyde_Jekyll

Hyde_Jekyll
3 months ago#15
Damn after almost a year this blew up lol

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#16
Damn after almost a year this blew up lol

LOL, it's people like me who are just starting it up.

I had a similar dilemma to you on the "what to buy" thing. I think I went with a few of his basic charms first, then once I saved up the cash, I got the key and wasted it immediately on the Shade wizard that I never use. Then I started coming across a few darkened areas as I explored and I the need to explore those led me to save up my cash for the 1800 lantern...but I got caught up exploring some area that never seemed to want to give me a stag station so I could warp back so I had like 4500 bucks to spend by the time I got back...ended up buying up everything. Nowadays I don't have anything to spend my cash on.

Only thing is I didn't "grind" for any of the items...I'd tell folks to just play the game and they'll naturally get the cash they need...at least early on in the game.
(edited 3 months ago)

Exystence
3 months ago#17
Hotel_Security posted...
Only thing is I didn't "grind" for any of the items...I'd tell folks to just play the game and they'll naturally get the cash they need...at least early on in the game.

I agree with this, even though I'm one of those people that really hate that type of advice lol. Like for example, I'm playing Blasphemous right now and have been playing it blind, but I haven't bought any items yet because I'm afraid it'll end up being a waste. Especially since it has a much more obvious Soulsborne influence to it. In Hollow Knight though, you really don't have to worry about it much if at all. You'll end up getting more than enough money to buy everything, and AFAIK there's a very small handful of missables, none of which are early on in the game.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#18
I agree with this, even though I'm one of those people that really hate that type of advice lol.

I find that I waste far more time exploring and killing stuff than most players so, for me, just earning the cash naturally would work. There may be some who just run through the game and skip encounters who it may not work out for.

Like for example, I'm playing Blasphemous right now and have been playing it blind, but I haven't bought any items yet because I'm afraid it'll end up being a waste.

Especially if it's a "souls-style" system where it's the same currency that levels you up that you use on items. I played Salt and Sanctuary and barely bought any items and armor since I could find most of it since I used so much of it on leveling. Speaking of, I haven't bought Blasphemous but it looks pretty darn good....going well so far?

You'll end up getting more than enough money to buy everything,

I've cleaned out Sly, the Charm Lady and the Bug with the Fragile Items and there's simply nothing left to buy now. I read there's more stores and how you need like 12K to upgrade the Fragile items but haven't seen it yet...though I just unlocked the Grimm content last night so maybe I'll check it then...I have about 9K on hand and 4500 in the bank so I'm eager to get spending. I do wish there was more to buy, even if it was on cosmetic things like outfits or something.
(edited 3 months ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A