You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Video Game Music
  3. Favorite Japanese composer poll?

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#31
I love the Altelier and mana khemia osts.

User Info: Melodia

Melodia
1 month ago#32
Any poill that has Masayoshi Soken of all people ("world record"? What does that even mean?) and then puts Zelda as the only accomplishment for the person who wrote the most famous piece of video game music ever (hint: It's not from Zelda) isn't a poll that should be taken seriously.
Always Remember, Green Hair Is Cool.

User Info: shyloy

shyloy
1 month ago#33
Melodia posted...
Any poill that has Masayoshi Soken of all people ("world record"? What does that even mean?) and then puts Zelda as the only accomplishment for the person who wrote the most famous piece of video game music ever (hint: It's not from Zelda) isn't a poll that should be taken seriously.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/94f1046b746fec91232c35e946ff55cc5a055ccc

Guinness world record for the most unique songs in a video game . I didnt have him there on my first list but ppl insisted I put him there. I love his Music myself .

I apologize for not putting Mario there. You are right

I want this topic to be more about sharing music and positive music discussion . If it just becomes me going back and forth because of the poll Ill just close the topic.

The poll wasnt made to incite ppl so I just rather make a new post without a poll where we Just share our favorite composer,pieces etc.
"Legendary guardian ? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too.But I changed nothing. That is my story" Auron

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 month ago#34
@Brother Maynard posted...
I don't remember what I was going through exactly at the time, but I was feeling very isolated and alone, and then I got to this part of the game and the music just blew me away. And the orchestral version of it is Amazing.

I always felt FFIX soundtrack was among the weakest of Uematsu's work, but that was a great cover. Thank you for sharing! (I am still puzzled how Nobuo considers FF9 his best work...)

@Brother Maynard posted...
Really, the whole piece how he ties these leitmotifs together is ASTOUNDING, but I get choked up every time when the music transitions from Relm's theme to Shadow's. Every. Single. Time.

Exactly why I can't believe Nobuo FF9 his best work when FF6 exists. Ending is ASTOUNDING as you said. Dancing Mad stands as the most epic boss song of all time. f***ing brilliant.

shadestreet
1 month ago#35
Ok, for people who have played Nier.... I have moderate interest in the series. But my time is extremely limited and lots of competition in my backlog.

Do I need to play Nier before going to Nier Automata? My understanding is that Automata was much better than Nier.

Approx how long are the games? Are these ~20-30 hr Games? 40-60? 80-100? As a kid I preferred longer games, today short-but-sweet is ideal.

Thanks!

shyloy
1 month ago#36
shadestreet posted...
Ok, for people who have played Nier.... I have moderate interest in the series. But my time is extremely limited and lots of competition in my backlog.

Do I need to play Nier before going to Nier Automata? My understanding is that Automata was much better than Nier.

Approx how long are the games? Are these ~20-30 hr Games? 40-60? 80-100? As a kid I preferred longer games, today short-but-sweet is ideal.

Thanks!

From a gameplay perspective Nier automata is much better . The original Nier was good all around except the gameplay being meh.

Dont worry about length as they are both 30 hr plus games at a fair pace . Ive logged in over 40 hrs on both easy.

Nier is action rpg hack and slash thats semi open world you could say that take a Somber tone. The music is absolutely fantastic

Heres some examples fron Nier and Nier automata

Automata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMKskuvJTcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BknOTzSCQhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQuHwqMcN8w
Nier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxgJ_8AgQbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-X7KBBacM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDhPsYeK-jU
"Legendary guardian ? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too.But I changed nothing. That is my story" Auron

shadestreet
1 month ago#37
So can I safely jump to Automata and skip the first one?

shyloy
1 month ago#38
shadestreet posted...
So can I safely jump to Automata and skip the first one?

Sorry i got so hyped about nier I forgot the question lol. Yes you can absolutely play Nier automata first.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#39
I haven’t played Automata yet but the first Nier was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. And I’ve been playing since the 80s.

But it was a combination of things that led me there. I wasn’t working, so was able to play for hours a day. I got really caught up in the story, which is usually not something I care too much about in games. But it’s the music, the soundtrack is just unbelievably good. But as I said in the other topics on composers I give a lot of that credit to Emi Evans, as it’s her vocal touch in nearly every track that makes it what it is. I bought the ost after completing the game.

I also just put the game in with no idea what it was. I picked it up years prior based in word of mouth and always had it on the shelf. Something made me just wake up one day and play it, and at first I almost stopped but after a few hours I was hooked.

The gameplay isn’t the best but it’s not horrible. I had no issues and I play a lot of precision action games. And everything else drives you along to proceed.

shyloy
1 month ago#40
GoukiAkujiki posted...
I haven’t played Automata yet but the first Nier was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. And I’ve been playing since the 80s.

But it was a combination of things that led me there. I wasn’t working, so was able to play for hours a day. I got really caught up in the story, which is usually not something I care too much about in games. But it’s the music, the soundtrack is just unbelievably good. But as I said in the other topics on composers I give a lot of that credit to Emi Evans, as it’s her vocal touch in nearly every track that makes it what it is. I bought the ost after completing the game.

I also just put the game in with no idea what it was. I picked it up years prior based in word of mouth and always had it on the shelf. Something made me just wake up one day and play it, and at first I almost stopped but after a few hours I was hooked.

The gameplay isn’t the best but it’s not horrible. I had no issues and I play a lot of precision action games. And everything else drives you along to proceed.

Well said, I suggest you play Nier automata . If you loved the first youll definitely love the second . The music is just as incredible
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Video Game Music
  3. Favorite Japanese composer poll?