You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Video Game Music
  3. Favorite Japanese composer poll?

User Info: shyloy

shyloy
1 month ago#1
Favorite Japanese composer?

I made this list based on the community feedback . Im sorry if your favorite Japanese composer isnt there .

Honorable Mention

Koichi Sugiyama
Daisuke Ishiwatari
Masashi Hamauzu
Yuji Kaijura
Akiko Shikata
Michiko Naruke

Please vote and express why you love your favorite composer no matter if they are on the list or not. Please feel free to share links to music as well.

Thanks

My favorite composer would definitely have to be Keiichi Okabe. No composer has touched me the way Nier has .

Heres some of my favorite pieces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid9Awd8rIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMAHY4DFW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeCWFwncyWw
"Legendary guardian ? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too.But I changed nothing. That is my story" Auron
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
1 month ago#2
Shoji Meguro.

I NEVER FELT LIKE.
But know this, I wrap my rascal TWO times, cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation... as a way of punishing supermodels.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
1 month ago#3
Can’t believe Yuzo Koshiro and Michuru Yamane didn’t make the list. Wow. What community ignored them?

Anyway, went with Sakimoto because of his variety. He’s probably best known for his RPG work, but his best tracks are probably found in Soukyugarentai, Radiant Silvergun, and Gradius V.

@GoukiAkujiki sober up and vote here. Let’s see who go with.

shyloy
1 month ago#4
shadestreet posted...
Can’t believe Yuzo Koshiro and Michuru Yamane didn’t make the list. Wow. What community ignored them?

Anyway, went with Sakimoto because of his variety. He’s probably best known for his RPG work, but his best tracks are probably found in Soukyugarentai, Radiant Silvergun, and Gradius V.

Yuzo and Michuru were both mentioned but theres only so many slots. I would make a 30 list poll if I could . Ive done this 3 times and been reprimanded quite a bit lol but this is the list I think is best .
"Legendary guardian ? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too.But I changed nothing. That is my story" Auron
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#5
@shadestreet posted...

Sakamoto is on the choices because I brought it up... wherever the first topic was.

And he gets my vote, naturally.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: gamerprince1999

gamerprince1999
1 month ago#6
Posted this in the DQ11 message board but doesn't even include Sugiyama...
Anyway, I chose Yoko Shimomura

shyloy
1 month ago#7
GoukiAkujiki posted...
shadestreet posted...

Sakamoto is on the choices because I brought it up... wherever the first topic was.

lol you the one that reprimand me for not having him there lol? Well there he is Sir

shyloy
1 month ago#8
gamerprince1999 posted...
Posted this in the DQ11 message board but doesn't even include Sugiyama...
Anyway, I chose Yoko Shimomura

I had koichi on the first poll. I agree he should be on there but he didnt too good in the polls and there was too many request to put on other composers.

User Info: Jevrath

Jevrath
1 month ago#9
Hard call between Uematsu and Shimomura for me. Ultimately I went with Shimomura because KH is my favorite series and the music is one of the best parts of the series.

Koji Kendo gets honorable mention from me simply because the LoZ music is so recognizable and iconic.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#10
shyloy posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...
shadestreet posted...

lol you the one that reprimand me for not having him there lol? Well there he is Sir

Yeah. Where was that? Persona board?
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Video Game Music
  3. Favorite Japanese composer poll?