• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Darth-Mall

Darth-Mall
2 years ago#1
I keep seeing all sorts of results on google and all these claims of BROKEN/OP builds for the class and then seeing people debunk them or find out they’ve been patched.

What’s the best current necro build that could take me through torment 13 and 65+ rifts solo?
Don't expect me to sugarcoat.

User Info: Number43

Number43
2 years ago#2
I guess look at this site:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
2 years ago#3
I am a brand new player and I solo’d GR70 with a heavily suboptimal Rathma build (only two ancients and a weak socketless Jesseth Scythe.) I think that’s a testament to its viability (I did have a good crit rate, good leveled legendary gems, and optimal cube setup and decent rings, however.)

According to Icy Veins, Corpse Lance spam is supposedly really effective for high GR, but both Trag’Oul and Pestilence look too boringly similar and since they revolve around mainly elite hunting, not my cup of tea. It’s unsurprising that the site mentions the DPS of other skills besides Mages/Skeletons and Lances are better suited for mid/low GRs and lower torments, as they just don’t inflict enough.
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

User Info: Darth-Mall

Darth-Mall
2 years ago#4
@Reptobismol posted...
I am a brand new player and I solo’d GR70 with a heavily suboptimal Rathma build (only two ancients and a weak socketless Jesseth Scythe.) I think that’s a testament to its viability (I did have a good crit rate, good leveled legendary gems, and optimal cube setup and decent rings, however.)

According to Icy Veins, Corpse Lance spam is supposedly really effective for high GR, but both Trag’Oul and Pestilence look too boringly similar and since they revolve around mainly elite hunting, not my cup of tea. It’s unsurprising that the site mentions the DPS of other skills besides Mages/Skeletons and Lances are better suited for mid/low GRs and lower torments, as they just don’t inflict enough.

Could you tell me more about the Rathma build? Is it just the rathma set with Jesseth stuff?
Don't expect me to sugarcoat.

User Info: Lifeburn

Lifeburn
2 years ago#5
I am using the Skeletal Mages build on the icy veins site. Am currently working towards soloing gr70. The last one I did was gr65.

I'm still wrecking most enemies. Every now and again I get a Greater Rift that has a bunch of poison enemies (the ones that leave a poison pit when they die) and I always seem to die a lot with those.
PSN - lifeburn

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
2 years ago#6
I have the full Rathma/Jesseth sets as well as the Krem’s Belt/Bracers set just because they’re both ancient and the stats are basically better than a number of alternatives at the moment.

The game changers are my rings- Convention of Elements, Krysbin’s Sentence; my gems- Enforcer, Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken (all rank 50) and my cube- Shadowhook, Tasker & Theo, and Circle of... something Evol.

The damage multipliers from that handful of things makes the Jesseth and Rathma set bonuses extremely nasty. My skellies are set to Freezing Grasp for a guaranteed trigger of those bonuses.

The downside is that my necro is extremely squishy, and I don’t think an overhaul in full ancient gear will do much about it.
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.

Number43
2 years ago#7
Darth-Mall posted...
@Reptobismol posted...

Could you tell me more about the Rathma build? Is it just the rathma set with Jesseth stuff?

Third set in that link.

User Info: Tasty_Soup

Tasty_Soup
2 years ago#8
Reptobismol posted...
I have the full Rathma/Jesseth sets as well as the Krem’s Belt/Bracers set just because they’re both ancient and the stats are basically better than a number of alternatives at the moment.

The game changers are my rings- Convention of Elements, Krysbin’s Sentence; my gems- Enforcer, Bane of the Trapped, Bane of the Stricken (all rank 50) and my cube- Shadowhook, Tasker & Theo, and Circle of... something Evol.

The damage multipliers from that handful of things makes the Jesseth and Rathma set bonuses extremely nasty. My skellies are set to Freezing Grasp for a guaranteed trigger of those bonuses.

The downside is that my necro is extremely squishy, and I don’t think an overhaul in full ancient gear will do much about it.

In my experience necro is the squishiest class in the game. Even with a full rathma build I often die in one or two hits. My wizard, meanwhile, has so much damage mitigation that I have to try hard to die.
3DS FC: 4227-2029-4470

User Info: teknic1200

teknic1200
2 years ago#9
You can always check the leaderboard and see what they are using to get the highest GRs this season.
Monster Huntin'

Number43
2 years ago#10
Tasty_Soup posted...
Reptobismol posted...

In my experience necro is the squishiest class in the game. Even with a full rathma build I often die in one or two hits. My wizard, meanwhile, has so much damage mitigation that I have to try hard to die.

What's funny is there's some lore that says wizards believe in fully committing to offense rather than protecting themselves like sorceresses. I think this text was in relation to how their sources differ from orbs.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A