• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Arc of Alchemist
  3. Possibly cancelled

User Info: addictedtochaos

addictedtochaos
9 months ago#1
Went to my local GameStop today and they showed me an email they had received earlier in the day stating that this game has been cancelled.
Always be yourself... unless you suck. - Joss Whedon

User Info: Diddy888

Diddy888
9 months ago#2
I just received a phone call about it...website for it is all still up and i havent seen a statement from Idea Factory yet...wonder whats going on.

http://ideafintl.com/arc-of-alchemist/info/
Real Men Shed Blood Before They Shed Tears

User Info: Strippin Heat

Strippin Heat
9 months ago#3
They just announced on Facebook that it will be digital only in the US, but still getting a physical release in Europe.
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.
(message deleted)

User Info: Astyanax

Astyanax
6 months ago#5
My Amazon physical copy was cancelled, 3rd game so far(in like 9 months). So, now I won't be buying this either.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Isual

Isual
6 months ago#6
i am thinking of getting the JP version instead, which is physical.

anyone play the JP version ? how easy is it if you know some moonrune and can use google translate ?

User Info: EusisLandale

EusisLandale
6 months ago#7
Isual posted...

anyone play the JP version ? how easy is it if you know some moonrune and can use google translate ?

I haven't played it, but assuming it's anything like Mary Skelter 2 it shouldn't be too bad. Pick up on the kanji for a handful of elements, status effects, and small, medium, large, up, and down and you should probably be fine mechanically. Translating through google with a phone camera made sense maybe 75% of the time, then just writing the rest in manually got most of that well enough though it took a bit of effort to get it pulling up the right kanji sometimes.

That aside, their decision to cut the NA physical version, and skip out entirely on physical for Mary Skelter 2, is starting to make a little more sense with their recent announcement of making a warehouse move. Still disappointing, but understandable.

Isual
6 months ago#8
EusisLandale posted...
Isual posted...

I haven't played it, but assuming it's anything like Mary Skelter 2 it shouldn't be too bad. Pick up on the kanji for a handful of elements, status effects, and small, medium, large, up, and down and you should probably be fine mechanically. Translating through google with a phone camera made sense maybe 75% of the time, then just writing the rest in manually got most of that well enough though it took a bit of effort to get it pulling up the right kanji sometimes.

That aside, their decision to cut the NA physical version, and skip out entirely on physical for Mary Skelter 2, is starting to make a little more sense with their recent announcement of making a warehouse move. Still disappointing, but understandable.

thanks. your explanation on that move is plausible, but i am also thinking that the game is just under 4gb; so whey even bother using a blu ray disc to print it?

User Info: reaper0123

reaper0123
5 months ago#9
Found out that Europe is still getting a physical release. Anyone know if there's any difference between the two? If not, I'll probably end up importing an EU copy, as I can't read Japanese at all.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenoriddley?feature=mhee

Isual
5 months ago#10
reaper0123 posted...
Found out that Europe is still getting a physical release. Anyone know if there's any difference between the two? If not, I'll probably end up importing an EU copy, as I can't read Japanese at all.

i don't believe there would be any difference; i've bought physical copies of EU blue ray disc games and they do feel a little bit lighter. i'll be getting that version as well then.
  1. Boards
  2. Arc of Alchemist
  3. Possibly cancelled
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A