• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Zeonis1

Zeonis1
1 year ago#1
I would assume this difference between the Definitive Edition and the Gold Edition is the DLC is on disc. Does anyone know for sure?

User Info: Chisoka

Chisoka
1 year ago#2
I was wondering the same. The first game had all the dlc content on the disc on its GOTY release. Hopefully this will be the same.

User Info: kreeders

kreeders
1 year ago#3
better or whats the point you know, otherwise just buy the regular game at a discount and get the dlc on sale sometime.
right?

User Info: CadusBane

CadusBane
1 year ago#4
I own the game and all DLC now, it’s over 60GB. Blu-ray Discs can only hold 50GB. I wouldn’t plan on it.

Based of my last two GOTY buys of Fallout 4 and Hitman. Fallout was just a hair over 50 was a code. Hitman the spring WB release was game, plus 14GB code plus a huge patch to equal total of 74GB.

Anything over 50, which almost all AAA games are today can’t have all DLC on disc. Funniest part could be they’d just have to add a disc with patches and DLC like I got with borderlands full set back on PS3 days. But gaming companies are working hard to slowly end the disc era, cut the cost.

I want so deeply to be wrong cause I enjoyed this game very much and love to have a full edition on disc.
"Like one who grabs a stray dog by the ears is someone who rushes into a quarrel not their own." Solomon, Proverbs 26:17

User Info: Karvar

Karvar
1 year ago#5
Sadly enough all dlc on the game is through a code, it is stated on their twitter or wherever they announced it, only base game and patches i think are on disc. But at-least it doesn't have micro-transactions anymore.

Edit: Link to a site where it all is https://gematsu.com/2018/08/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-definitive-edition-announced

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
1 year ago#6
CadusBane posted...
I own the game and all DLC now, it’s over 60GB. Blu-ray Discs can only hold 50GB. I wouldn’t plan on it.

Karvar posted...
Sadly enough all dlc on the game is through a code, it is stated on their twitter or wherever they announced it, only base game and patches i think are on disc.

This sucks but was probably inevitable.
--
-

User Info: kantboy2

kantboy2
1 year ago#7
That sucks so much. I returned the gold edition I got as a gift to get the DE thinking everything came on disc/s.

Xcom 2 Collection came with 2 discs just because it was more than 50 gigs. Now I'm tempted to get that instead.

Crap.

User Info: Deezul

Deezul
1 year ago#8
Picked this up today for ps4. Comes with a code for the Season Pass. Still have to download all the dlc packs from the store and a large 17.6g general game update.

Just FYI.

User Info: Chisoka

Chisoka
1 year ago#9
I didn’t get a code with mine. The game came as two discs. Not played it yet, but I presume the dlc is on the second disc.

User Info: Karvar

Karvar
1 year ago#10
@Chisoka can you put a Screen Shot of your game case and the two discs for proof because it seems there is multiple versions of the game going around, from what i have read and saw on youtube the NTSC Version had the code in the box and the Pal and Asia versions come with two discs.
  • Topic Archived