• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Close to the Sun
  3. Is this game hot?

User Info: Madness2012

Madness2012
2 years ago#1
Or should i not even attempt to try it?

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
2 years ago#2
walking simulator so no combat. lots of story tho. i'll get it for the story and some horror elements
If it's to keep this joy alive...I'll betray anything and anyone
- Micchy

User Info: Venustoise98

Venustoise98
2 years ago#3
It's pretty meh tbh. The story starts out fairly interesting, if not entirely original, but it falls apart towards the end. There are certain plot threads that I felt went nowhere or were not properly resolved, and the ending felt somewhat abrupt.

Graphics-wise, the Helios looks amazing, almost as good as Rapture did in Bioshock, but the character models and animations look subpar, so it's kinda a mixed bag for me.

Gameplay wise, you mostly just walk around, occasionally solving puzzles, and it's very obvious that the game was designed for PCs from the way some of them play out. Regarding enemy encounters, they only happen sporadically throughout the game starting around level three or four, and they mostly boil down to brief chases that result in instant death if you get caught. They're not too difficult to navigate, but there can be some trial and error, and there's one towards the end of the game that I swear boils down to pure luck). There's documents you can collect that expands on the lore of the world, but only a few really stood out to me.

Overall, I wouldn't call it terrible, but it certainly doesn't bring anything new to the table, and I feel this approach has been done better. Personally, as far as walking simulators are concerned, I'd recommend Outlast over this.

User Info: Turion

Turion
2 months ago#4
Just finished this, somewhat agree with the above 'review'.
It starts out great but the ending is abrupt and a letdown. They were building up to something, Bioshock like but it just falls flat.

The game is still worth it for atmosphere and design alone, it looks and feels amazing to walk across this monster ship.

Which other games in the genre did this better, besides Outlast?
I finished Conarium recently and found it enjoyable, for exemple.
'' The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. ''

User Info: Madness2012

Madness2012
2 months ago#5
I thought it was decent, but it could have been better.
  1. Boards
  2. Close to the Sun
  3. Is this game hot?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A