• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Why is every enemy faster than you at a full sprint?

User Info: otakon2006

otakon2006
1 month ago#1
Just trying to run from enemies to get space and they're FOREVER on my ass. Constantly, barely more than a few feet behind me at all times regardless of running.

Is this, SUPPOSED to be the design? You move slower, have way less health and do way less damage than the enemies?
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047

User Info: BoltJamison

BoltJamison
1 month ago#2
You can sprint?sprint is glitched for me or maybe my controller is busted. The majority of time I try to sprint my guy jogs or fast walks while stamina keep depleting. I only sprint once in a while. It's not consistent
Psn: BoltJamison

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
1 month ago#3
Because game is balanced with the speed up trait and wolf ring
both of which are in the last world lol

User Info: alkarion_log

alkarion_log
1 month ago#4
you should dodge more, or like vega said you will need to use the swirftness trait maxed with wolf ring
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money

User Info: LightPersona8

LightPersona8
1 month ago#5
For some enemies like the munchkins you'd be surprised how easy it is to evade groups of them simply by strafing diagonally around their atks then turning around and whacking them.
Anticipated games: Granblue Fantasy Re:Link, Anno Mutationem, SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays, Project EVE, & Project Awakening

User Info: Giarccpsn

Giarccpsn
1 month ago#6
BoltJamison posted...
You can sprint?sprint is glitched for me or maybe my controller is busted. The majority of time I try to sprint my guy jogs or fast walks while stamina keep depleting. I only sprint once in a while. It's not consistent
@BoltJamison
It does feel like the controller is busted. Because LStick-Click is the worst controller option for Running. The Dev's are not controller players so they don't know s*** about it. On controller LStick-Click works fine as Crouch. Run should be O button.
XBL:IDNTCARETHKS / PSN:Cappropsfour
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7725879346.png

User Info: otakon2006

otakon2006
1 month ago#7
alkarion_log posted...
you should dodge more, or like vega said you will need to use the swirftness trait maxed with wolf ring

Dodging even with a 'Light' rating takes like a 3rd of your Stamina and can't really be chained. The amount of ground you can cover with a full Sprint compared to 3 rolls is pretty large. Anyway I don't have access to that Trait or Ring yet.
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047

User Info: Zauron

Zauron
1 month ago#8
Giarccpsn posted...
BoltJamison posted...
@BoltJamison
It does feel like the controller is busted. Because LStick-Click is the worst controller option for Running. The Dev's are not controller players so they don't know s*** about it. On controller LStick-Click works fine as Crouch. Run should be O button.

I actually used the PS4's accessibility option to swap buttons around just for this game (you can even add it to the quick menu you get by holding the PS button to turn it off easily for other games). I swapped sprint over to L1. It is a bit awkward to heal with the LStick Click (L3) but I figured, I heal way less often than I want to move quickly so better to have sprint on something much easier to push all the time like L1.

It took a bit to re-train my brain but I liked the game much more that way - I sprint almost constantly now and it isn't making my left thumb sore any more (Tip: The Drifter's set is available in a secret room right at the start of Earth in campaign mode, and high chance you can get the pocketwatch pretty early on since you have a 66% chance of spawning MudTooth somewhere on Earth in campaign [or 33% chance in Earth Adventure mode], and combining them gives you stamina for days even before any traits!).

One downside is in the shop menu I can't go to previous category without pressing L3, but that's not a big deal.

I suppose I could also have then swapped Circle so sprint was L1, Crouch was L3, and Heal was Circle, but I actually do like using crouch a lot for that slide-in move so I left it with L3 as heal. Plus backing out of menus with L3 would have been weird, though probably could train myself to directly use the Options button to get out of the menus.

Its a real shame the game doesn't just let you re-map controls, but it's cases like this that make me appreciate that the PS4 has a built-in option for this. I wish you could tell the PS4 feature to set those changes based on specific games instead of it being a global setting you can just turn on or off though.
www.zauron.net
www.crazyvikingstudios.com
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BoltJamison

BoltJamison
1 month ago#9
I tried swapping sprint to o and I still had the same problems with sprinting. Guess it's my controller then
Psn: BoltJamison

User Info: Zauron

Zauron
4 weeks ago#10
BoltJamison posted...
I tried swapping sprint to o and I still had the same problems with sprinting. Guess it's my controller then

Yeah sounds like your L-stick is worn out or something, you should borrow a controller from a friend or something to confirm it, but it might be time to get a new controller. With it mapped to O, it should be pretty obvious if you are holding all the way forward and tap O once (don't hold it), your character should start moving forward noticeably faster and at a consistent speed. You can actually sprint to the sides too, but if you are holding back even slightly it will drop out of sprint so you can't back away quickly. Strafe-sprinting can be pretty effective in some fights.
www.zauron.net
www.crazyvikingstudios.com
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Why is every enemy faster than you at a full sprint?
  • Post New Message