• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Ravagers Haunt bell puzzle question

User Info: Video_Game_Czar

Video_Game_Czar
4 weeks ago#1
1: Is it possible with a controller?
2: Do I have to do this puzzle or can I skip this part?
PSN: VideoGameCzar l Steam: VideoGameCzar l

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#2
1. Nope, totally impossible. They made a puzzle that is unsolvable on console just to give you the big middle finger....... or maybe.....

2. yes you have to do it iirc. Or at least when I faced him I had to do it, he was the final boss before nightmare.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: Purple_Cheetah

Purple_Cheetah
4 weeks ago#3
You don't have to do it, the puzzle is only for if you want the claws.

The other option is to shoot or piss him off and fight. This will give you a handgun instead.

User Info: ivory3333

ivory3333
4 weeks ago#4
its possible, i just did it last night. you have to do fast ( don't take more than 2 second break between each bell) so stand by the pillar on the left where you can see all 4 bells.

here this what made it easier for me. i used the handgun called defiler and the reason why i used is not only you can shoot fast with it, it has a wider area or spread bullets. so with this gun, you don't really have to aim precisely like with other guns. as long you aim where the bells are and you will mostly likely hit them. you can also use other guns like coach gun or any gun that has wider aim. just don't use rapid fire guns. i used coach gun but it didn't help. got it done on first try with defiler.

if you mess up, you don't have to quit and start over. just pause for a second and start again.

lastly check youtube videos, they will help too. specially on where to stand.

if you still having hard time, go in coop and each of you stand near bell and coordinate well enough to do the puzzle.

2) you can skip the puzzle, doing that wont give you the scar of the jungle (claws) weapon.
Everyone is in favor of free speech.people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Touch

Touch
4 weeks ago#5
I just tried this and holy hell possibly the hardest thing solo in this game lol. Couldn't do it, especially since my eyesight kind of sucks ass so I would miss sometimes when I have only a tiny sliver of space to hit a bell. After a while my 2 bell glitched and I couldn't ring it anymore :\ Will definitely try the defiler. Thanks

Edit: Just restarted my PS4 and two of my bells won't ring. :\
https://i.imgtc.ws/6bQHG9L.gif
(edited 4 weeks ago)

ivory3333
4 weeks ago#6
Touch posted...
I just tried this and holy hell possibly the hardest thing solo in this game lol. Couldn't do it, especially since my eyesight kind of sucks ass so I would miss sometimes when I have only a tiny sliver of space to hit a bell. After a while my 2 bell glitched and I couldn't ring it anymore :\ Will definitely try the defiler. Thanks

Edit: Just restarted my PS4 and two of my bells won't ring. :\

so here is the thing, if you do enough damage to bell, they kinda break (since they have an invisible health bar) and after that they wont ring at all. i never seen it myself but i read it on youtube. i don't know how it looks like, whether they are frozen or they look broken. there is no fix once you break it, so either have to reroll or see if you have a backup save before that happened. i always make a backup save before i enter boss like this in case i mess anything.

And yeah use defiler when you get a chance, it made it so much easier for me specially after practicing with regular repeater gun. or you get a coop buddy and one stand on one side, other the opposite. this will make the process much easier. just memorize the bell you have to shoot in the order.
Everyone is in favor of free speech.people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.

User Info: Drewmack79

Drewmack79
4 weeks ago#7
This took me a long ass time. Finally got it with the Coach gun (don't have the Defiler). Thanks for the tip that you don't have to leave the arena after failing. I thought that was the case and the load times were getting annoying.
"You would wage this war alone!?"
"No, not alone..."

User Info: DarthWendy

DarthWendy
4 weeks ago#8
It's not that hard. I did it after about 10 tries, with the repeater pistol. And I don't even have good aim with my right thumb, I'm the southpaw type, I gotta move/strafe with RIGHT thumb and aim with left :(
Ave Caesar, Rosae Rosam et Spiritus Rex ! - Voila, ca ne veut absolument rien dire mais l'effet reste le meme
https://i.imgtc.com/eRE0ORV.jpg

ivory3333
4 weeks ago#9
Drewmack79 posted...
This took me a long ass time. Finally got it with the Coach gun (don't have the Defiler). Thanks for the tip that you don't have to leave the arena after failing. I thought that was the case and the load times were getting annoying.

yeah leaving each time and coming back can be annoying but its good to leave once in a while let say after 3-5 tries. because you don't want to damage to bell to much or it will break permanently for that playthrough. and instead of leaving, just use liquid escape. this will kill your character and put them back at the last checkpoint. so you wont have to reload multiple areas and liquid escape has unlimited uses.

User Info: Touch

Touch
4 weeks ago#10
DarthWendy posted...
It's not that hard. I did it after about 10 tries, with the repeater pistol. And I don't even have good aim with my right thumb, I'm the southpaw type, I gotta move/strafe with RIGHT thumb and aim with left :(

Go do mine for me Wendy ;(
https://i.imgtc.ws/6bQHG9L.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Ravagers Haunt bell puzzle question
  • Post New Message