• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Holy lol, this game is absolutely dreadful solo

User Info: phrett

phrett
4 days ago#31
Touch posted...
"I'm bad at this game solo. People must be lying when they say they enjoy it solo"
No such thing as strong beer... only weak men.
I don't have ps+ so I can't coop but I enjoyed the game a lot, played through 2 times on normal, 2 times on hard and 1 time on nightmare, currently on second nightmare run and yea it gets crazy solo but still pretty enjoyable/challenging.
"I like big butts" - Sir Mix-A-Lot

User Info: -GeLFHuntah-

-GeLFHuntah-
4 days ago#33
Theres a trick to dealing with those 'sword mob guys who block' you just roll right to their side, turn around and shoot their back as they combo the air.

User Info: Darque

Darque
4 days ago#34
I've only played Solo.

It can be frustrating at times, but it's definitely doable.
Jill Valentine > You
-GeLFHuntah- posted...
Theres a trick to dealing with those 'sword mob guys who block' you just roll right to their side, turn around and shoot their back as they combo the air.

I was only mentioning them because they're one of the few examples where it's much easier with another player. Solo they're not so bad, but require patience or use of the environment. If there's 2 of you, just split up and one can unload into his back freely while the other can simply wait.

*Disclaimer I didn't fully realize it was one of the specific complaints in the OP until after, but I'll leave it.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
4 days ago#36
I've got 62 hour played on Steam. I've beat every boss and played through a couple of times solo, the rest coop with randoms.

IMHO, without any doubt whatsoever, this game is far easier solo than with other players. Sure, there are a few boss fights that devolve into a constant rollfest, that I've thought they could dial back a bit for solo players...where you barely get a moment to dps the boss in between wave after wave of adds (ie Mangler). The trade off for going at it with other players is that now it takes that much more to burn down the boss and if the other player(s) don't know how to play, well you're only making it harder for yourself.

The end boss- I beat it solo with little effort whereas I've been in only one successful group out of dozens. I just leave at this point where I come into a game where the host is at that point. Waste of time.
GT/PSN: Evel138
My gaming Space http://imgur.com/a/GjHxd

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
4 days ago#37
I beat the game solo, only goinjg into co-op for more experience and such rather then going through areas I had already looted.

On the sword guys and other blockers, there is a cheap way to beat them, use obsticles, while they are climbing over them they are vulnerable, just make them go over one, shoot them dodge when they catch up and repeat.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: moondemon88

moondemon88
4 days ago#38
alkarion_log posted...
Velvet__Crowe posted...
CHAON1 posted...
Lol, gayme is a cakewalk solo

Right? Like, if you’re struggling with Nightmare the real leet strat is to kick everyone from your session and go it alone. It has waaaayyy less health and a much lower vulnerability threshold.

the game is easy, only hundle is most bosses when you don't know what they do, but after you do, you just need to keep the dps comming

This comment reminds me of every single dark souls post over the years when someone said the game was too hard as a new player.
PSN: moondemon88
I think its fine solo. Still a great game. Yeah certain bosses are a pain in the arse and the swamps of Corsus were no fun at all solo, but overall I actually found the game easier solo, but still enjoyable. In my experience co-op made the game harder and more interesting due to the increase in enemy health and numbers, and elites being more common. Co-op is definitely more fun than solo no doubt.

Also those big scary machete guys who block your shots? Not too hard if you have a shotgun or couch gun. When they go to attack, blast their face once and dodge away instantly, possibly will have time for a second shot. If they stretch out their arms for their pincer attack try to use the backstep dodge to avoid it, it'll get you more time to retaliate. They're actually quite squishy. As for Gorefist...well he just sucks, not a lot I can say about him :\
"Oh god not her!"
[ Warning: Do not feed the chibi ]

User Info: edgesims

edgesims
2 hours ago#40
Evel138 posted...
I've got 62 hour played on Steam. I've beat every boss and played through a couple of times solo, the rest coop with randoms.

IMHO, without any doubt whatsoever, this game is far easier solo than with other players. Sure, there are a few boss fights that devolve into a constant rollfest, that I've thought they could dial back a bit for solo players...where you barely get a moment to dps the boss in between wave after wave of adds (ie Mangler). The trade off for going at it with other players is that now it takes that much more to burn down the boss and if the other player(s) don't know how to play, well you're only making it harder for yourself.

The end boss- I beat it solo with little effort whereas I've been in only one successful group out of dozens. I just leave at this point where I come into a game where the host is at that point. Waste of time.

This, so much.
English is not my first language, so excuse my grammar etc...
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Holy lol, this game is absolutely dreadful solo
  • Post New Message