1 month ago #1
I get it, people on here love this to death, but man it doesn't do the game any good in the long run to blatantly lie.
I played through it with a friend and we got to the end boss alright (even though the repeated chunks of the worlds got boring really quickly), but when people say this game is great solo they are just blatantly lying.

Game is straight up awful going alone. I only played the very first bit up to Gore/Shroud and there is virtually no scaling. I get the same amount of mobs, there are those sword block mobs in the sewers which are completely broken solo compared to coop (where they feel plenty dangerous while stil being dispatched relatively quick) and adds in the gore fight were absolutely dreadful. I still got 3 screamers, we definitely didn't get 6 in Coop.

We had a fun time in Coop but people should honestly stop selling this as a solo title because it will only backfire and word of mouth will be dreadful if this continues. Especially when the devs are great at post launch support and the player base is overhyping expectations.
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM

Previous Versions
1 month ago
I get it, people on here love this to death, but man it doesn't do the game any good in the long run to blatantly lie.
I played through it with a friend and we got to the end boss alright (even though the repeated chunks of the worlds got boring really quickly), but when people say this game is great solo they are just blatantly lying.

Game is straight up awful going alone. I only played the very first bit up to Gore/Shroud and there is virtually no scaling. I get the same amount of mobs, there are those sword block mobs in the sewers which are completely broken solo compared to coop (where they feel plenty dangerous while stil being dispatched relatively quick) and adds in the gore fight were absolutely dreadful. I still got 3 screamers, we definitely didn't get 6 in Coop.

We had a fun time in Coop but people should honestly stop selling this as a coop title because it will only backfire and word of mouth will be dreadful if this continues. Especially when the devs are great at post launch support and the player base is overhyping expectations.