• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Holy lol, this game is absolutely dreadful solo

User Info: gothmog87

gothmog87
1 week ago#1
I get it, people on here love this to death, but man it doesn't do the game any good in the long run to blatantly lie.
I played through it with a friend and we got to the end boss alright (even though the repeated chunks of the worlds got boring really quickly), but when people say this game is great solo they are just blatantly lying.

Game is straight up awful going alone. I only played the very first bit up to Gore/Shroud and there is virtually no scaling. I get the same amount of mobs, there are those sword block mobs in the sewers which are completely broken solo compared to coop (where they feel plenty dangerous while stil being dispatched relatively quick) and adds in the gore fight were absolutely dreadful. I still got 3 screamers, we definitely didn't get 6 in Coop.

We had a fun time in Coop but people should honestly stop selling this as a solo title because it will only backfire and word of mouth will be dreadful if this continues. Especially when the devs are great at post launch support and the player base is overhyping expectations.
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Toan

Toan
1 week ago#2
The bosses can be a little unfair solo, as well as Corsus, but for the most part you can play solo just fine
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 week ago#3
I enjoyed playing through the game solo. The adds were a bit too frequent for my liking, but they're easily handled all the same.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: gothmog87

gothmog87
1 week ago#4
Limelol posted...
I enjoyed playing through the game solo. The adds were a bit too frequent for my liking, but they're easily handled all the same.

Would you say that Coop is bad then? Because if the adds are easily handled solo then Coop has to be one of the most boring campaigns on the market with only half the adds per player and 50% boss aggro.

I will definitely tell people to be cautious when buying this game just because of the "Solo is Goat" voices, something I'd never do with World War Z or LfD2 because those communities tell it how it is
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM

User Info: workshygit

workshygit
1 week ago#5
I am loving it solo and coop but I must be lying because you said so.
I don’t know what to think now I must be lying to myself maybe sub consciously I hate the game.
I love it, no stop lying I hate it, but I don’t ! yes you do stop lying, ok I hate it you win
Sorry for lying I’ll stop playing with immediate effect.

User Info: Toan

Toan
1 week ago#6
Yeah troll detected. EVERYOBE MAKE SURE TO IGNORE THE TROLL.
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 week ago#7
gothmog87 posted...
Would you say that Coop is bad then?

No, playing with other people is still enjoyable.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Apollo191

Apollo191
1 week ago#8
gothmog87 posted...
Because if the adds are easily handled solo then Coop has to be one of the most boring campaigns on the market with only half the adds per player and 50% boss aggro.

It doesn't really work like that regarding Solo vs Coop difficulty. They don't just add more enemies to counter a two or three man group but have them take and dish out more damage than when you play solo.
PSN: ApolloHawke
Xbone: Apollo Hawke

User Info: phrett

phrett
1 week ago#9
gothmog87 posted...
there are those sword block mobs in the sewers which are completely broken solo compared to coop

seriously? pretty much the only non-boss enemy in this entire game that's not just a bullet sponge, and that's too hard? Slide, shoot in the back... done...

If anything, this game needs more enemies like them that require more than just "point and shoot"...
No such thing as strong beer... only weak men.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: CHAON1

CHAON1
1 week ago#10
Lol, gayme is a cakewalk solo
Kdt your intellect is wasted tossing salad all day ~ N2h
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Holy lol, this game is absolutely dreadful solo
  • Post New Message