• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Pocket Watch stolen, didn't get bandit armor

User Info: TheTruth197

TheTruth197
6 days ago#1
So I was playing some coop helping someone through earth and we ran into the depot where brabus is. I've never ran into him before but I already had mudtooth's pocket watch so when I went in I was behind the host but the game started acting like it was addressing me. Didnt know what to do so I just told him I had mudtooth's watch and he told me he was gonna give me gear but the game never gave it to me and the pocket watch is now gone from my inventory. Then like a minute afterwards the host must've quit because it said the session was lost. Don't know if I got bamboozled or it's some kind of glitch but either way I'm pretty upset now because I don't have the armor or the watch. Anyway, beware of that if you're in someone else's game.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: CHAON1

CHAON1
6 days ago#2
Rerolling earth is ezpz
Kdt your intellect is wasted tossing salad all day ~ N2h

User Info: Toan

Toan
5 days ago#3
CHAON1 posted...
Rerolling earth is ezpz

Playing 4+ hours to hope you get both of the spawns isn't
God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life.

User Info: Kugoa

Kugoa
5 days ago#4
TheTruth197 posted...
So I was playing some coop helping someone through earth and we ran into the depot where brabus is. I've never ran into him before but I already had mudtooth's pocket watch so when I went in I was behind the host but the game started acting like it was addressing me. Didnt know what to do so I just told him I had mudtooth's watch and he told me he was gonna give me gear but the game never gave it to me and the pocket watch is now gone from my inventory. Then like a minute afterwards the host must've quit because it said the session was lost. Don't know if I got bamboozled or it's some kind of glitch but either way I'm pretty upset now because I don't have the armor or the watch. Anyway, beware of that if you're in someone else's game.

I got the Bandit set recently and I can say that after the dialogue with Brabus ends, there's a delay before you actually get the armour (at least on-screen, dunno about inventory) so if the host quit before it showed up, that might be why.
"I've lived through the horrors a force like that creates, and I won't let it happen in this time too! Even if it means taking you.. DOWN!!"

User Info: TheTruth197

TheTruth197
5 days ago#5
Toan posted...
CHAON1 posted...
Rerolling earth is ezpz

Exactly. It's not like I can reroll earth and just magically have them both appear in my game guaranteed. Out of the countless times I've rerolled earth looking for the Chicago typewriter, I've never seen that event a single time, I've only seen mudtooth once when I actually first got the watch, and ive never seen brabus until this time when I was in someone else's world. Rerolling might be easy but actually getting these events,at least for me, is a huge hassle. Now I have to get both of them again. Great times.

Kugoa posted...
TheTruth197 posted...

I got the Bandit set recently and I can say that after the dialogue with Brabus ends, there's a delay before you actually get the armour (at least on-screen, dunno about inventory) so if the host quit before it showed up, that might be why.

It must be a hell of a delay because it was at least a good minute before the host ended the session. Think i just got screwed.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Kugoa

Kugoa
5 days ago#6
TheTruth197 posted...
Toan posted...
CHAON1 posted...
Rerolling earth is ezpz

Exactly. It's not like I can reroll earth and just magically have them both appear in my game guaranteed. Out of the countless times I've rerolled earth looking for the Chicago typewriter, I've never seen that event a single time, I've only seen mudtooth once when I actually first got the watch, and ive never seen brabus until this time when I was in someone else's world. Rerolling might be easy but actually getting these events,at least for me, is a huge hassle. Now I have to get both of them again. Great times.

Kugoa posted...
TheTruth197 posted...

It must be a hell of a delay because it was at least a good minute before the host ended the session. Think i just got screwed.

Okay yeah, the delay ain't that long so I guess was just a bug, that's unfortunate.

On the plus side, at least you didn't just help a newbie random kill Brabus only to find Mud Tooth right after and realise you screwed them out of getting the Bandit set because you took him through to unlock the shortcut before going to the checkpoint thinking to "save time" like an idiot.. cause I just did :/

Feelsbadman.
"I've lived through the horrors a force like that creates, and I won't let it happen in this time too! Even if it means taking you.. DOWN!!"
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Pocket Watch stolen, didn't get bandit armor
  • Post New Message