• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Worst, most nonsensical ending in videogame history? (spoilers)

User Info: DarthWendy

DarthWendy
5 days ago#11
Lol story
Ave Caesar, Rosae Rosam et Spiritus Rex ! - Voila, ca ne veut absolument rien dire mais l'effet reste le meme
https://i.imgtc.com/eRE0ORV.jpg

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
5 days ago#12
You should have learned early on not to give a s*** about any of this.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
5 days ago#13
Turion posted...
By killing the dreamer we severed the connection to the root world. We did not go to their world, we just closed the door.
Exactly.
Latest Review - God Eater 3
http://wethenerdy.com/god-eater-3-switch-review/

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
5 days ago#14
demonfire922010 posted...
You have to read the notes at ward 13. If you didnt do that dont b**** about the ending making no sense.

Lmfao, no. I've played thousands of videogames in my life. I've had questions at the end of a game's story, no doubt. But I've never had to read notes to fill in major holes in the story. Yours is a bulls*** answer.

I agree with mostly everyone else here though. I wasn't EVER playing it for the story. Just curious as to wtf was going on with that last boss. TBH, I don't even think I listened to a word Ford said when I found him. Just didn't care what he had to say in the slightest bit.

ALSO, didn't realize I was sailing back to Ward 13. I though I was just sailing off Gendry style.
(edited 5 days ago)
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
Lmfao, no. I've played thousands of videogames in my life. I've had questions at the end of a game's story, no doubt. But I've never had to read notes to fill in major holes in the story. Yours is a bulls*** answer.

I agree with mostly everyone else here though. I wasn't EVER playing it for the story. Just curious as to wtf was going on with that last boss. TBH, I don't even think I listened to a word Ford said when I found him. Just didn't care what he had to say in the slightest bit.

ALSO, didn't realize I was sailing back to Ward 13. I though I was just sailing off Gendry style.
So you play a dark souls style game and then complain whenever the story is delivered like dark souls? My answer is actually pretty legitimate, your issues with the story arent since you even admitted you didnt spend any time trying to understand it.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
5 days ago#16
demonfire922010 posted...
xo0Achilles0ox posted...

So you play a dark souls style game and then complain whenever the story is delivered like dark souls? My answer is actually pretty legitimate, your issues with the story arent since you even admitted you didnt spend any time trying to understand it.

Not the same. Saying that is a disservice to Dark Souls. I don't pay much attention to the item descriptions in Dark Souls or watch lore videos, yet I understood when I reached the final boss who Gwyn was. I got the implications; he had gone insane to the point that he is now attacking the only hope of prolonging the flame that he himself sacrificed himself to prolong. That's deep. It's thematic. You don't need to read item descriptions to understand this.

In Remnant I didn't even know who this squirt Dr Octopus was, or why I was being forced through a 1 - 2 minute cutscene that was visually boring, poorly voice acted and terribly written - can you have more generic villain dialogue than this?.

The world of Remnant does not tell a story. It's a shooting gallery with some set dressings. The world in Dark Souls does tell a story; and the NPC's you meet along the way add to it. You know who the final boss is. And if you just care about the action, that's fine too, at the very least there is no obnoxious weak boring ass cutscene.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: lunarsword

lunarsword
5 days ago#17
Whatever
LOOOPS posted...
Not the same. Saying that is a disservice to Dark Souls. I don't pay much attention to the item descriptions in Dark Souls or watch lore videos, yet I understood when I reached the final boss who Gwyn was. I got the implications; he had gone insane to the point that he is now attacking the only hope of prolonging the flame that he himself sacrificed himself to prolong. That's deep. It's thematic. You don't need to read item descriptions to understand this.

In Remnant I didn't even know who this squirt Dr Octopus was, or why I was being forced through a 1 - 2 minute cutscene that was visually boring, poorly voice acted and terribly written - can you have more generic villain dialogue than this?.

The world of Remnant does not tell a story. It's a shooting gallery with some set dressings. The world in Dark Souls does tell a story; and the NPC's you meet along the way add to it. You know who the final boss is. And if you just care about the action, that's fine too, at the very least there is no obnoxious weak boring ass cutscene.
Never defended the cutscene, and if you think you have any understanding of dark souls lore without reading item descriptions, then it's like saying you've mastered quantum physics by reading a cliffs notes version of it, you might have a rough idea but that's all.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Worst, most nonsensical ending in videogame history? (spoilers)
  • Post New Message