• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Worst, most nonsensical ending in videogame history? (spoilers)

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
6 days ago#1
So I beat the game last night... What in the actual f***? Can anyone explain to me what the Dreamer was? Why am I fighting young, angry Doc Ock? Then I get on a boat and sail away? Then a tower falls? Did I even go in that tower? What the f***ing f***?

User Info: Turion

Turion
6 days ago#2
Dreamers were people connected to different worlds. The one we fight was connected directly to the root's world.
The tower falls for dramatic, unlogical reasons I guess.
We get on a boat and sail towards what is left of humanity to rebuild it.
'' The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. ''

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
6 days ago#3
Turion posted...
We get on a boat and sail towards what is left of humanity to rebuild it.

So we don't care about the 10 or so humans we left behind? Sucks to be them, lol.

Turion posted...
The one we fight was connected directly to the root's world.

Does that mean the Root is permanently gone?

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
6 days ago#4
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
So we don't care about the 10 or so humans we left behind? Sucks to be them, lol.
Ward 13 wasn't on the same island the dreamer was on.

xo0Achilles0ox posted...
The root were coming through to Earth using the Dreamer so that will probably happen again.
Latest Review - God Eater 3
http://wethenerdy.com/god-eater-3-switch-review/

User Info: Touch

Touch
6 days ago#5
I mean, the people at the wards were kinda doing okay without you. Also, youre just returning to the people that sent you there at the end so...yeah.
https://i.imgtc.ws/6bQHG9L.gif

User Info: phrett

phrett
6 days ago#6
If you play this game for the lore... you're gonna have a baaad time.
No such thing as strong beer... only weak men.

User Info: Turion

Turion
6 days ago#7
StaticPenguin posted...
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
Ward 13 wasn't on the same island the dreamer was on.

xo0Achilles0ox posted...
The root were coming through to Earth using the Dreamer so that will probably happen again.

By killing the dreamer we severed the connection to the root world. We did not go to their world, we just closed the door.
'' The mystery of life is not a problem to solve, but a reality to experience. ''

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
6 days ago#8
You just need to read the computers in the Ward 13 basement.
The Universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience. Why should you deserve special consideration above all else?
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
So I beat the game last night... What in the actual f***? Can anyone explain to me what the Dreamer was? Why am I fighting young, angry Doc Ock? Then I get on a boat and sail away? Then a tower falls? Did I even go in that tower? What the f***ing f***?
You have to read the notes at ward 13. If you didnt do that dont b**** about the ending making no sense. That's like reading reading the beginning of a books skipping halfway through and complaining you have no idea who any of the characters were or why the ending mattered. The tower you sailed away from was the place you originally were trying to get to at the start of the game, and it collapses and I'm assuming the character sails back to ward 13.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: xvROSSvx

xvROSSvx
5 days ago#10
You want the worst ending for a videogame... Two Worlds.
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Worst, most nonsensical ending in videogame history? (spoilers)
  • Post New Message