• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Should I ditch my medium armor from the light armor?

User Info: ThePassingGuard

ThePassingGuard
1 month ago#1
*for the light armor

I started as the Cultist dude and I've upgraded his armor all to +3. I'm hearing that people prefer the lighter armor for faster evasion. Also, can I sell or deconstruct armor that I've upgraded to hopefully get something back for what I've spent on it?

User Info: Timbo101

Timbo101
1 month ago#2
I prefer light armor for the better I-frames. I ran medium for a while and it wasn't that bad. The sprint speed is the same for light, medium, and heavy so I'd often just juke enemies with sprints instead of rolling. There is no way to degrade armor that I'm aware of. Just run around a coop session and you will be littered in upgrade material.
Xbox 1 DD:DA Pawn Name: Ghost Lev 200 Hybrid Rusted Bow Strider
Gamertag: TimboSunShine

User Info: The_Pup

The_Pup
1 month ago#3
iFrames are currently the same across all armour:

- Crouch-slide = 7
- Backstep = 8
- Roll = 9

Weight does the following:

- Changes roll distance (lighter-> farther; heavier->shorter)
- Changes stamina consumption costs (rolling and sprinting; lighter for better efficiency)

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#4
Depends entirely on the set bonus you'd be giving up.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Jaykray

Jaykray
1 month ago#5
The cultist set is one of the best sets of armor in the game, as it's light - which allows you to roll faster and farther - and it has a great mod. I used it almost entirely for my first playthrough. I like using weapon abilities as much as possible, particularly on elites and bosses, so I rarely found a reason to change. Granted, my rng wasn't great and I didn't find any armor other than the Akari set, but even so it's still very good armor. You can't go wrong with it.

User Info: The_Pup

The_Pup
1 month ago#6
They're going to makes tons of changes to armour in the future...

- 1 slot bonuses
- Revamped set bonuses

tragic discussed a whole bunch changes that are coming for most sets.

User Info: Giarccpsn

Giarccpsn
1 month ago#7
Jaykray posted...
The cultist set is one of the best sets of armor in the game, as it's light - which allows you to roll faster and farther - and it has a great mod. I used it almost entirely for my first playthrough. I like using weapon abilities as much as possible, particularly on elites and bosses, so I rarely found a reason to change. Granted, my rng wasn't great and I didn't find any armor other than the Akari set, but even so it's still very good armor. You can't go wrong with it.

You only have 2 armor sets? you missed a lot.
XBL:IDNTCARETHKS / PSN:Cappropsfour
http://www.speedtest.net/result/7725879346.png

User Info: gooddarkside

gooddarkside
1 month ago#8
I've just stuck with the drifter armor set.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 month ago#9
I've been using heavy armor the entire game and had no problem dodging attacks. It's not like Dark Souls where heavy armor effectively cripples you.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
1 month ago#10
Cultist is the best starting armor.

40% mod power is crazy good.
In the future both men and women will go to the gynecologist. But only women will be getting their moneys worth
psn Dubious_Hyjinx
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. Should I ditch my medium armor from the light armor?
  • Topic Archived