• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. How is this game honestly?

User Info: saintforlife

saintforlife
1 month ago#1
I need a new game to play and seeing how this is digital only I'm screwed if I don't like it.

User Info: ragedemonz

ragedemonz
1 month ago#2
It's aight.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's a scavenger hunt.
PSN: Lowthingy Switch FC SW-0309-2179-2996

User Info: fuzzball01

fuzzball01
1 month ago#3
It's fun. Much more fun if you have someone to play with.
PSN: Greed_XVIII

User Info: idonliketurtles

idonliketurtles
1 month ago#4
Watch some gameplay and see if you like what you see.

User Info: EinherjarPrime

EinherjarPrime
1 month ago#5
depends if you like single or co-op games. if you prefer co-op games, it’d be a good idea to have an actual friend that you can play with on the regular. if you like solo games, like soulsborne stuff, then it could be a mixed bag. one thing to keep in mind, regardless of if you do co-op or solo; be prepared for a fair number of annoying bugs, crashes, and glitches. it can definitely be a fun game when it’s working properly, but sometimes it’s honestly not worth playing if something goes wrong.

User Info: Tamondaichi

Tamondaichi
1 month ago#6
I have 800+ hours on Warframe and over a 1000+ hours of Earth Defense Force 5. I only bought this because some youtuber highly recommended it. "A Great Game Without BS Microtransactions! And it plays Like Souls!"
Hey, I like Souls. Plat all of them, plat Bloodborne, Sekiro was not my cup of tea because you get no new gear only new gadgets for your mech arm and the short cuts were meh (yes, I like the Souls games for it's gear and short cuts! but also it's lore.) Hey but I plat Nioh though, that was an awesome looter souls game. And I don't like micro transactions. So I downloaded this in a whiff.
Well, it plays like a 3rd person shooter, with element from the souls (healing is slow, stamina bar for sprinting and rolling, status effects, bonfires that look like crystals which you can fast travel with. Fog wall that lead to boss fights, bosses drop an item that you can exchange for a weapon. etc. geez, I'm surprized Fromsoft's lawyers aren't sueing.)
Gameplay wise it's just like Diablo (now don't think it's Diablo, Diablo was much more fun. Diablo 2 that is)though, not like Souls. You venture through small areas with the fog of war style map, so you have to walk everywhere to get an idea of where you can go next. "Oh here's a bright yellow opening, but wait, there's still a piece of the map uncovered, let's walk all the way back." "Hey, another bright yellow opening, which one we go through? doesn't matter, they all lead back to the same place." lol
so you can't really get lost. I only had an issue finding a npc. because I did not accept the npc's design a to be a king. I was looking for someone on a throne wearing a crown. lol And since there was no waypoint pointing at him like, "Hey, that's him, that's the dude you're looking for. That's The F'ing King" I ended up walking past him a dozen times.
Combat is alright, it has decent controls and guns sound good and when you have a really heavy gun it knocks your enemies down. Just wish I could rebind the button configuration, since the fire button is the same button as your melee attack.
Have 40+ hours in this, beat it, couldn't be bothered with ng+ (maybe when the game is decently updated, then, maybe) so then I went back to finish Darksiders 3, which I started earlier this year.
Now switching between Earth defense force and Astral Chain waiting for Borderlands 3.
Blocked.

User Info: warrie

warrie
1 month ago#7
Tamondaichi posted...
I have 800+ hours on Warframe and over a 1000+ hours of Earth Defense Force 5. I only bought this because some youtuber highly recommended it. "A Great Game Without BS Microtransactions! And it plays Like Souls!"
Hey, I like Souls.

You Sir have excellent taste and I agree with you on Sekiro. Got plat on all the Souls, Nioh and the Surge (really recommend that one of you havent played it), but after I finished Sekiro I couldn't be bothered to go for the plat. But 1000+ hours on Earth Defense.. I just checked a video of it, read some reviews and they were quite average. Would you recommend it since you spent so many hours on it? The surge also got average reviews but for some reason I loved that one.

User Info: Tamondaichi

Tamondaichi
1 month ago#8
warrie posted...

the Surge (really recommend that one of you havent played it)

That's the one with the exoskeleton, right? I have yet to look into that. I've heard of it, but my back log is so huge that I did not get to it yet.

Earth Defense.. I just checked a video of it, read some reviews and they were quite average. Would you recommend it since you spent so many hours on it?

It's on sale. There are still rooms online, although not that many as on release, most of the player base moved on, but I still get rooms full when I'm online.
Blocked.

User Info: ZIONel44

ZIONel44
1 month ago#9
Really enjoying it. I would recommend that if ur playing urself make ur game public so ppl. Can join. Gives you more opportunities to find things yoy normally wouldn't. And at the same time you might meet some cool people to play with..
appreciate a game for what it brings. not just for the graphics.

User Info: warrie

warrie
1 month ago#10
Tamondaichi posted...
That's the one with the exoskeleton, right? I have yet to look into that. I've heard of it, but my back log is so huge that I did not get to it yet.

Yep.. I actually enjoyed it much more than Nioh or Sekiro as a 'souls' game.
Surge 2 is being released this month :)

I will check out Earth defence!
  1. Boards
  2. Remnant: From the Ashes
  3. How is this game honestly?
  • Topic Archived