• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Am I doing something wrong at the first big Immortal boss? (D rank mission)

User Info: darksword

darksword
1 month ago#1
This guy is absolutely smashing my butthole. I've been using Silver Ravens, and my bullets do single digit damage to him. The fight drags out crazy long until I'm desperately low on ammo and his attack pattern keeps accelerating until he just wears me down and kills me. What am I doing wrong here?
I've come to realize that the line dividing Shinn fans and Shinn haters falls oddly parallel to the line dividing sensible, moral people and complete idiots.

User Info: Smeltedfist

Smeltedfist
1 month ago#2
It has weak points and you should be hitting them. It has armor plates to destroy to get to some of its weak points on its legs the rest are below it which are very hard too miss. The weak points themselves could be destroyed so you would have to move on to the next once that happens while avoiding its attacks.
Ile like to appologise for my past only in 2016 I started to be semi serious.
PSN/Twitch/YouTube: AtomTellurium, Nintendo Online: Atom T.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FieraDevilWings

FieraDevilWings
1 month ago#3
While the advice above is good, honestly I don't blame you for your reaction. Gunfort sucks to fight against when you're not kitted out and experienced, or even comparing it to the multiplayer version (which I argue is easier on the principle of being able to break off its own laser cannon to use against it, something that the single player version does not have).

I'd give you this advice: Try to get some Bazookas. The one you should be able to access at this point is Gillingr Impact if you're looking for a name, and since this Gunfort doesn't have a cannon to break off, if you want to end the fight quick then your best bet is to pretty much unload a ton of bazooka rounds underneath its body. Just be wary of how easy it is to be hit by Gunfort's legs, and also how easy it is to be pushed by the barrier into an unfavourable position (or out of the red zone, even).
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6751-5440-1722
This signature needs serious updates.

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
1 month ago#4
Tips

Aim for the weak points, there are 1 on each Knee under armor you need to blast off, or a bunch of them on it's underside. underside is a bit riskier as you will have a harder time seeing the shield coming and can get nailed by the charge

Look out for the Shield, when you see sparks gathering, pop wings and RUN

When it jumps, look at the minimap and dodge accordingly, don't try to follow it with your camera.
Friendship is Magic
AND MAGIC IS HERESY!

User Info: Tarotist

Tarotist
1 month ago#5
Gunfort is quite the wall for newcomers. I myself had trouble fighting it the first time. Once you learn how to fight it though, it becomes a matter of perseverance.

The safest way to beat it is to stay above it and aim for its knees for the entire fight until all four knee cores break. Once the knees are broken, it should be near death where you can then try to go all out and destroy its underbelly.

The main thing you need to watch out for is its light barrier. If you see it stand still and start shimmering, get out of its range as fast as you can. It's easier to see this from above than below. While you wait for the barrier to drop, you can use that time to heal or destroy minions for ammo.

Silver Ravens and Grim Reapers are fine. If you have an issue with ammo, bring a melee weapon with you and cut up the minions Gunfort sends at you to replenish your ammo.

Gunfort may be tough, but once you have access to flame grenades, it'll drop in no time at all.
Expectations are the cause of all suffering.

User Info: darksword

darksword
1 month ago#6
Thank you all for the tips!

How would I go about getting a bazooka at this stage? There's nothing in the shop nor weapon development for one.
I've come to realize that the line dividing Shinn fans and Shinn haters falls oddly parallel to the line dividing sensible, moral people and complete idiots.

User Info: FieraDevilWings

FieraDevilWings
1 month ago#7
I'm fairly sure some of the Strai have it as loot somewhere in early missions? But if they don't have that then try following the advice from everyone else.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6751-5440-1722
This signature needs serious updates.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Am I doing something wrong at the first big Immortal boss? (D rank mission)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers