• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Time to prepare! 1v1/2v2/vs Arsenal builds. Spoilers?

User Info: Carispia

Carispia
1 month ago#1
There's a (big) thread to show off.

Now a thread for builds to face bosses with.

They're both good, check 'em out-

Though the AI Arsenals are also technically bosses.. and just AI, they're still Arsenals

Only other Arsenal-build thread I can think of is one of a pvp aspect--

No meta is developed yet, besides with the equipment itself. So my post will be what I use in the Reclaimer battles, vs Grief, Solomon, and may use in 1v1 or 2v2. Thread is for people to post builds and gib advice/criticism or show off in a more technical capacity than the main thread. That one is for being cool lol. Discussing the possible meta is a thing, too.

Posted this in the main, but yeah
https://i.imgtc.ws/xwzgDJr.jpg

And a bonus.. pose. For the single decal lol. I present: Panzerite I wanna be in Panzer Crown..
(sorry if that's the name of a mech in some anime already btw)
https://i.imgtc.ws/6s6WsOZ.jpg

The idea is, I have a speed order. From slowest to fastest:
Flight speed
Land speed
Land boost speed
Flight boost speed
Hermes (if I pick it for some reason. kinda like it, easier on my stamina)
Then the same order, but with wingshift.

With many builds, this order won't exist except for wingshift always being faster in general (though not always faster than Hermes booster). It feels most natural to me. The discrepancy between normal and boost speed though, it's huge. Again, probably a personal preference, but it helps in the idea it's very jarring to face an enemy that constantly dashes so fast, AND has Blink

Now, the body: Built for lots of speed and VP with passable defense. Stamina is probably bad lol. Memory is tight because of the arms and some weapon attachments. That's ok to me, though.

Head: Fluoresce Dominion- Chosen for good radar & sights, but also for the ridiculous VP
Body: Hecatonchier- I was originally going to go Raikiri or something, but I forgot this has an absurd flight boost. Also has decent VP.
Legs: Halberd- picked simply because they're the fastest at 3k weight
Arms: Liberator- only consideration here was more VP. And they look sweet. Had Flamberge but edging on 30k VP with the amount of speed I have was too good.

I unfortunately don't have Mk III speed attachments on the body, just IIs, and only two slots on the legs with Mk IIIs. Speed would be a bit higher if I did :3 Boost Up III is the processor and sort of makes up for this in the meantime.

Loadout: The idea is two-phase. Dual Silver Raven IIs and a Rumble Order (maybe a 3-slot Dark Mantis is better? idk) coupled with my speed is intended to be a lot of pressure off the bat. Dash, blitz, assault shift, blink, and just melt. I have no reason to switch to the Gilllingr or Dainsleif until the MGs are out of ammo. They're also tossed as I don't need them. More speed! (Especially after tossing the Bazooka, too... my flight boost with only RO on shoulders and the Dainsleif in-hand, is 21,666. Fitting.) Considering some different attachments for the Ravens since they kill memory with Mk III bullet enhancements. Though, less than 100ms in lock-on time isn't a big deal to me. So the power might be more worth it, maybe.

Then wingshift really starts going, closing the gap for Bazooka pop shots and swinging the Dainsleif.. Been practicing melee dash cancels a lot, so don't expect an opening from dodging me :3 The excessive wingshift use spares my stamina, so there's also an increase in blinks for the second half.

So, that's the idea. Tell me what's wrong, or post your own! I pass this thread onto thee now lol, have fun
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: FieraDevilWings

FieraDevilWings
1 month ago#2
Not gonna lie, after playing for a while with the HAW-GG99 Black Moon (the gravity gun), I'm lowkey thinking about its potential to almost completely neuter Gun Arms when they inevitably run over the meta. I'm not sure if this is something that affects it, but it seems to become faster if it absorbs bullets - that being said, I know it does just accelerate over time in general. One other important thing here that I discovered is that the Gravity Gun is ineffective against lasers, which go straight through the gravity shot.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6751-5440-1722
This signature needs serious updates.

User Info: ihatespotsgame

ihatespotsgame
1 month ago#3
i think i'm missing something

i tryed your build because i found some number strange and....

why turns out this body is way faster than raikiri when raikiri fly bosst spped number are technicaly higher?

same with legs kazekiri have higer ground boost speed but then in loadout halberds turn out to be faster

O.o
did i myss some hidden mechanic here?

User Info: Sansoldier

Sansoldier
1 month ago#4
Arsenals receive a penalty to speed based on weight, and lighter body parts are more affected by this. That's why the heca body is usually almost always the fastest. You need to be extremely light to be faster with Raikiri.

I'm interested in seeing how people master all of the femto shifts, and how certain gear such as shields and support shoulder weapons hold up. If it's not banned, that self-healing shoulder weapon is going to be extremely powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/user/san3711

User Info: ihatespotsgame

ihatespotsgame
1 month ago#5
Sansoldier posted...
Arsenals receive a penalty to speed based on weight, and lighter body parts are more affected by this. That's why the heca body is usually almost always the fastest. You need to be extremely light to be faster with Raikiri.

I'm interested in seeing how people master all of the femto shifts, and how certain gear such as shields and support shoulder weapons hold up. If it's not banned, that self-healing shoulder weapon is going to be extremely powerful.

i tought weight affected all parts in the same way...

turns out gravity has bias in this game...

now i have to recheck all my builds

FieraDevilWings
1 month ago#6
Sansoldier posted...
If it's not banned, that self-healing shoulder weapon is going to be extremely powerful.
If one can outlast the amount of DPS someone's putting out, anyway, though I also imagine it being more useful against Arsenals who cannot endure prolonged battles and would need to take out their opponent before they're unable to do anything (i.e. double Gun Arm or extremely low ammo count). I also feel like, against AI at least, Melee Weapons absolutely destroy Shield Shift, something I've taken advantage of during the few instances where Shield Shift is used by the AI.

On top of that, I feel like Devotion won't be as powerful for healing depending on the build - it'd probably be more useful on fragile builds and 1v1 situations, because it only heals so much VP at once - on builds with far more durability, I say just go tank the damage, stack on the offense in general or use the increased durability to heal with Splendor if anything.

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
1 month ago#7
Trust me, all pvp plans will get thrown out the window within hours of the patch. Just watch.

In fact, that's my plan! I'm going to stand back and watch the discord for DxM go berserk that whole day, then watch all the twitter videos from Japanese players mocking the rest of the world. The community will be torn asunder instantly in... 4 days, was it? Yes, 4 days.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/

FieraDevilWings
1 month ago#8
Honestly, that's something I was lowkey keeping to myself - the potential of the patch to completely change how powerful certain weapons are. I only didn't say that out loud because I'm really enjoying this game and I feel like it hasn't done anything to be deserving of my spiteful comments as of yet, lol
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Time to prepare! 1v1/2v2/vs Arsenal builds. Spoilers?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers