• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. How do you defeat Grief, Gloom and Regret?
killa_bamz 2 years ago#1
I hate these kinds of battles! they just keep zipping around the place. What kinda weapons do I use and where do I need to farm them??
AudioWarfare 2 years ago#2
If it's the Unarmed Meeting mission, I had problems with this myself.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/241205-daemon-x-machina/78016095

...and there were some very helpful answers in this thread.
echospace [detroit]
DreadKaiser 2 years ago#3
Unarmed meeting?
I just lured them into the trench, Melee'd Grief, stole his gun after my shield blew up, then killed Gloom with it

Regret likes to keep her distance and the trench did a good job of seperating Grief and Gloom, so it was mostly just a 1 v 1 fight, using Mirage when someone joined.

heavy use of the Garuda II (love that missile launcher), Muramasa Sword, Gaia Plate and Silver Raven
I wouldn't need to sound like such a dick if you people would just get on my level....
lionhartwolf 2 years ago#4
Is this for Unarmed Battles?

I just abused the hell out of their AI. Gloom tends to get himself stuck down in the trench that surrounds the area so I isolated him first. Just make sure he doesnt destroy half the VP canisters down there.

Next I take out Grief the same way since Regret tends to get herself stuck outside the arena area. Grief is the harder of the lot but once he is down in the trench he is much easier to hit. He also is a little dumb about your outer so if you put your back into one of those little nooks (like the on with the graffiti on the ceiling) hop out of your arsenal and place a trap. He usually gives you more than enough time.

The hardest part at this point is still having ammo. I had to do this by ejecting weapons along the way and taking the enemies weapons, I cant give the best advice on what weapons to bring, but I can say you wont have enough ammo no matter what you bring.

Anyway Regret can be a bot tricky at this point because if your like me all you have left is Grief's Katana, but she is still pretty dumb when you get her down on the ground outside the arena. Thats how I did it.

Of course if you are doing it for the very first time and just dont want to deal with them you dont HAVE to fight them. Just unequip all your weapons before battle, and walk into the circle as your Outer.
emagdnE 2 years ago#5
I ended up retreating from the room to recover VP. Regret followed me out. After I found a tank and recharged, I went back and beat her 1v1. And beating her ended the entire battle.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
ihatespotsgame 2 years ago#6
regret was the most painfull for me

i have a melee build and she spent the whole time glued on both the boundary and the vertical limit

when i do the terrors mission online i just deal with grief and gloom and leave her to the other team mates
HopesPeak 2 years ago#7
ihatespotsgame posted...
regret was the most painfull for me

i have a melee build and she spent the whole time glued on both the boundary and the vertical limit

when i do the terrors mission online i just deal with grief and gloom and leave her to the other team mates

I'm still stuck on this damn mission in story mode coz I always run out of ammo after killing Gloom & Grief and then I'm stuck trying to melee her, then I just quit coz it's impossible.
Just imagine how hard this mission will be if they ever patch out the dumb ai? Gloom, can be taken out just by your pilot. Have you pilot stand in a corner and reapetedly shoot the drone until Gloom fires back with a laser. Grief? I use up most of my ammo on him. Regret? I waste all of my ammo on her then I'm stick trying to punch her to death.
HopesPeak 2 years ago#8
emagdnE posted...
I ended up retreating from the room to recover VP. Regret followed me out. After I found a tank and recharged, I went back and beat her 1v1. And beating her ended the entire battle.

You only need to beat her? If so then I should try that. I always go after Grief first coz he does the most dmg to you. Gloom I go after 2nd coz he's just standing there.

Of course if you are doing it for the very first time and just dont want to deal with them you dont HAVE to fight them. Just unequip all your weapons before battle, and walk into the circle as your Outer.

LOL so that's all you have to do. I walked in as my pilot outside of the mech the first time I did that stage, but they started shooting at me.
That mission was pissing the hell out of me. I just figured that it was like another one of those Japanese gaming fake choice things where they claim that you have a choice but you actually don't. Dragon Quest is infamous for this to the point that they turn into a recurring joke in DQ11.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. How do you defeat Grief, Gloom and Regret?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A