• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Why even care what a Review says? The game has a Demo, try it yourself

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
5 days ago#21
wombat013 posted...
ss21vegito posted...
Why don’t people accept reality? For once reviews are actually making sense. This game is a 6/10 or 6.5/10.

It’s fun and many Armored Core and Mech fans will have their blinders on and love it anyways. Nothing wrong with that.

Waaah why wont someone take my opinion as reality!?? Waaaah

LMFAO. Are you serious?

I think someone hurt you. It’s not that serious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
5 days ago#22
Foxpips posted...
That was fairly boring to watch tbh. He didnt knock off the giant gun and fire it back at the boss
I mean, I never said I was amazing at it yet but I wanted to show the ways you could move and what ypu could do. Compared to someone just floating around I think that is a way better representation of the game. There is big stuff you will miss if you don't pay attention. Like the changing of modes.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
5 days ago#23
Fairycancel posted...
ss21vegito posted...
That’s a good point. But I’ve seen reviewers showing pictures of the full game. So. It’s not that case entirely
Have you seen something remotely similar to this?
https://youtu.be/G_j4hXK4I4M

That's the stuff I'm talking about. No one reviewing the game is taking advantage of its mechanics and quite a bit of their problems with the game are directly linked to that.

ALso this.

Imagine watching someone who has no idea how to play football, reviewing a Madden title lol.

Really dumb that these reviewers are trying to review a game they don't understand, yet think they're qualified to release a score on it. Smh

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
5 days ago#24
Losttraveler posted...
Honestly after playing the demo, I can't quite tell of I like the game or not.

yeah especially they don't give you a mission that deals with the main game. the giant robots. Oh there is one mission but you don't get to do jack **** beside looking like a fly.

Also the demo for some reason don't have access to the body modification the other demo had. Unless the item list was cut short for the demo to hide it true length. Just counting the body there only 20, there like 24ish on the arms. Not really much on it. Also don't like these damn cutscenes popping up in the middle of fighting.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: truesubzero

truesubzero
5 days ago#25
Bobsplosion posted...
Presumably reviewers have full copies of the game, and thus have more context to make their judgments.

Most reviewers get the game they review for free.
And thus can never give a decent review/opinion of a game.
They didn't spend their hard earned cash on the game so how can they give an honest opinion of something if they got it for free?
In the end there is only 1 review/opinion that matters and that is your own.
Just play the demo and If you still are unsure if a game is for you or not just wait for a sale.

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
5 days ago#26
For those who got further in the demo, or played an earlier version, does the gunplay ever not feel like you're firing a pop gun?
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
5 days ago#27
Auron772 posted...
For those who got further in the demo, or played an earlier version, does the gunplay ever not feel like you're firing a pop gun?

As the game progresses, you gain access to stronger and stronger weapons.

User Info: AudioWarfare

AudioWarfare
5 days ago#28
truesubzero posted...
Most reviewers get the game they review for free.
And thus can never give a decent review/opinion of a game.

Not necessarily true. Being invested in something can make some people biased. They will want a game to be good, so they tend to skew their opinions. I've seen some very funny examples in GFAQS before.
echospace [detroit]

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
5 days ago#29
xAlphazonex posted...
As the game progresses, you gain access to stronger and stronger weapons.
That's good, because I want to like it seeing as how I love mech games, but the gun they start you with felt terrible. The second one I got was also awful and it auto fired for me.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: AudioWarfare

AudioWarfare
5 days ago#30
Auron772 posted...
That's good, because I want to like it seeing as how I love mech games, but the gun they start you with felt terrible. The second one I got was also awful and it auto fired for me.

If you look up above you in the hangar, you will see four large weapon racks hanging down. All arm weapons you unlock are there, so you can get a rough idea of how many weapons are in the game.

There's also a shield rack and a melee weapon rack on the ground in the back corners of the hangar.

Looks to me like there will be a decent selection!
echospace [detroit]
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Why even care what a Review says? The game has a Demo, try it yourself
  • Post New Message