• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. gameplay footage

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
3 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/zKvz_mV6hDI
The Omnipresent Connoisseur of Quality Fanart and $%!@Posting.
Eternal Champion of the 500 Game

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
3 months ago#2
Discussion of things they've done in response to player feedback in the first 10 minutes. 12 minutes in, will likely edit in more thoughts after.

Edit: I compiled this list in the demo impressions topic.

Steel_Shadows posted...
Alright, after combing through the topic until it basically got derailed, I've compiled a list of most of the criticisms that could possibly be fixed. Not all of these are things I necessarily agree with and I tried to keep out things that probably couldn't be fixed in 6 months, like the story. Let me know if I've missed any.

Frame rate
Streamline descending
More attractive UI
Give swords a combo (maybe better ones have it?)
Manual lock-on or aim assist
Adjust drop rates
HP bars for enemies
Camera correct button (maybe he meant centering it in front of you?)
Mission 4’s boss’ shield attack needs major tweaking
Rework how out-of-bounds works
Clearer tutorial
Make environmental melee objects clearer
Graphics aren’t great (really doesn’t mix well with the frame rate issue, but also a stretch that this would be fixed)
Improve Outer controls
Weapons need better audiovisual feedback to feel more powerful
Very occasional unresponsiveness (might have just been me though)
Objects between you and your character shouldn’t block your view
Shooting and boosting? (If that's something you can do and I just don't remember I'll edit this out)
Bigger boost when double jumping wanted
Gyro aiming requested
And from other topics, have aesthetic options to override or at least alter skill tree appearance changes

As far as I could tell between what they outright said and what I could spot, the bold were definitely improved. Subjectively, I liked the graphics in the areas in the E3 demo better than what we had, but that doesn't guarantee that our demo areas got the same treatment. I saw a few instances of shooting while boosting, too! I put framerate in italics because I'm pretty sure I still spotted some drops when a lot of enemies were up close, but it seems improved overall and the boss encounter in particular looked smoother. There are plenty of things on this list that we can't really know have been addressed unless we get our hands on it. UI aesthetics probably won't be touched, which I'm ok with.
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
3 months ago#3
Multiplayer was just shown on Treehouse live. It looks like the framerate issues migrated to that lmao
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: blueninja4444

blueninja4444
3 months ago#4
Wow nice!!
Mortal Kombat 11 Platinum Trophy club! Waiting for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 June 2019.
"Shao Kahn is back!" - MastaMikeX

User Info: Drakeon8165

Drakeon8165
3 months ago#5
i hope they turn up the music because they got some sick tracks and i can barely hear it, even after i turn everything else down
The closer you get to the Light, the greater your Shadow becomes.
-Kingdom Hearts

User Info: mattscottshea

mattscottshea
3 months ago#6
Frame rate - This looks to have improved, but still an outstanding issue
Streamline descending - Try out the Auxiliary Down Booster
More attractive UI - It is customizable. Placement and you can turn things off
Give swords a combo (maybe better ones have it?) - I believe they may have stated something in regards to this with the pilot's upgrade tree, but I could be wrong
Manual lock-on or aim assist - Sounds like perhaps a processor part that does this now
Adjust drop rates - This could certainly use some better consistency
HP bars for enemies - It's there now
Camera correct button (maybe he meant centering it in front of you?) - Isn't it always in front of you?
Mission 4’s boss’ shield attack needs major tweaking - How so? Big problem was the area boundry
Rework how out-of-bounds works - now allows you to manually control with a time limit
Clearer tutorial - This is a must. Saw too many players hate on the demo because they didn't pick up on some key gameplay aspects
Make environmental melee objects clearer - Distance to grab and loot have been increased
Graphics aren’t great (really doesn’t mix well with the frame rate issue, but also a stretch that this would be fixed) - clearly improved in the latest Treehouse demo. Also, sounds weird, but when I ran the demo with motion smoothing on my TV, it had minimal impact on gameplay and looked very clear.
Improve Outer controls - Upgrades improved the Outer in the demo, but it was pretty glitchy overall. I would hope this is improved
Weapons need better audiovisual feedback to feel more powerful - Done!
Very occasional unresponsiveness (might have just been me though) - The sped up some of the dead moments after certain attacks. Should be better now
Objects between you and your character shouldn’t block your view - I'm ok with this. Let's you use stealth tactics
Shooting and boosting? (If that's something you can do and I just don't remember I'll edit this out) - Had to tweak my controls to maximize this in demo and it still was a bit stressed when trying to do it all at once. Thinking PowerA controller with the 2 extra buttons underneath will do wonders for this game.
Bigger boost when double jumping wanted - This would be welcome, possibly additional outer upgrades
Gyro aiming requested - Done!
And from other topics, have aesthetic options to override or at least alter skill tree appearance changes - I would love this as well. I'd hate to avoid a great outer upgrade simply because it looks terrible visually.

User Info: nogaems

nogaems
3 months ago#7
mattscottshea posted...
Clearer tutorial - This is a must. Saw too many players hate on the demo because they didn't pick up on some key gameplay aspects

Didn't cross my mind to improve the tutorial, but I agree with this.

The smart thing for them to do is give the player a mid range suit to use for the tutorial to give them a feel for how the game is supposed to play before throwing them into a slow/weak arsenal the doesn't inspire any motivation dig in to the game. Honestly was putting off playing the demo for a while because of how boring the tutorial and arsenal made the game seem.
(CATS DON'T DANCE TO MY BEATS)

User Info: rstewart00

rstewart00
2 months ago#8
nogaems posted...
mattscottshea posted...

Didn't cross my mind to improve the tutorial, but I agree with this.

The smart thing for them to do is give the player a mid range suit to use for the tutorial to give them a feel for how the game is supposed to play before throwing them into a slow/weak arsenal the doesn't inspire any motivation dig in to the game. Honestly was putting off playing the demo for a while because of how boring the tutorial and arsenal made the game seem.

agreed, i will skip this preorder and just rent since i would hate to waste money without some better reviews, well i did at least preorder the special controllers for the game since having a programmable button like the elite controller might help with gameplay, but still skeptical that a good mecha can be made on switches hardware
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. gameplay footage
  • Topic Archived