• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Femto Gauge Speculation

User Info: RavenFellBlade

RavenFellBlade
7 months ago#1
Been playing the demo quite a bit this morning, and I'm rather intrigued by the Femto gauge. The demo doesn't address it at all, but it has some interesting marks on it to suggest there are different degrees of charge.

I've seen some folks comment that Femto is used to reboot fallen comrades, though I have yet to see it.

My speculation is that this gauge will be the basis for character-based special abilities, unlocked in the lab, and different abilities will require different levels of charge in a similar way to special abilities in LBX.

What are your thoughts?

Also: we need all of the LBX games localized for the West on Switch. I loved the first one!
"Would you like to play a game?"
Xbox GT: RavenFellBlade, Switch FC: 5052-1543-4439

User Info: blueninja4444

blueninja4444
7 months ago#2
What is LBX?
Waiting for BioWare's Anthem Early 2019.
"Freelancers Unite!" - MastaMikeX

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
7 months ago#3
it's for rebooting allies.

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
7 months ago#4
Charge for a super move makes the most sense to me. The abundance of it vs. how often you have to revive allies indicates to me that it has some other use.
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
7 months ago#5
Can you reboot your own Arsenal if you get downed? It seems like you're kinda just screwed if you end up having to eject.
Now Playing: GRIP, Smash Ultimate, Overwatch
i7-9700k | RTX 2070 | 16GB RAM | 2.25 TB SSD + 1TB HDD

User Info: YoyokuKO

YoyokuKO
7 months ago#6
yeah, it's not fun when your downed.
anyone getting the survey should ask/comment on it.

User Info: lightbringer14

lightbringer14
7 months ago#7
From what I remember in a vid from...last year's E3, I think (can't remember and too lazy to search)? Some weapons are powered by femto energy, and use up that gauge. As mentioned previously, its also used to revive fallen allies.

Problem is, there's no femto energy weapons in the demo as far as I know, so its only used for revives there.
3DS FC: 4682-8543-0871

User Info: DreadKaiser

DreadKaiser
7 months ago#8
Probably for the Laser or "Special" weapons
The Omnipresent Connoisseur of Quality Fanart and $%!@Posting.
Eternal Champion of the 500 Game

User Info: Vinnytt

Vinnytt
7 months ago#9
LBX was just a Custom Robo clone that ruined the experience by adding a stamina bar (they're friggen robots) and making it that you're completely invincible when knocked down. It only served to artificially lengthen the fights.

User Info: Tevor the Third

Tevor the Third
7 months ago#10
I think, aside from revives and probably as an energy reserve for some weapons, we do see one example in the game of Femto in action.

When Char and Amu- I mean Crimson Lord and Diablos show up in mission two to body those immortals we see Crimson do this kind of over the top super beam sword attack to one shot one of them. Leading some people to no doubt question "Why can't I do that!"

No doubt the player will get those sorts of more fantastical powers in the full game, which would then be governed by Femto.
SHUMA GORATH IS COMING~
  1. Boards
  2. Daemon X Machina
  3. Femto Gauge Speculation
  • Topic Archived