• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Lucky drops explained, and Forging is near useless now

User Info: Glyphstone01

Glyphstone01
4 days ago#1
for accessories there are new temperable special effects.

Lucky drop - weapon
Lucky drop armour
Lucky drop - accessory

what these do is increase the drop rate of the same weapons, armours, or accessories you have equipped. The loot pool by the description also seems to state that it will change a loot item into the lucky drop you have tempered

Tempering lucky drop accessory on a yasakani, everything will have increased drop rate for accessories and yasakani specifically, even enemies that would not usually drop an accessory.

Tempering luck drop accessory on both a yasakani and a yata mirror will increase the drop rate for both

Tempering lucky drop equipped weapon you will see more of the weapons you have equipped, often your primary melee weapon and secondary ranged weapon, likely tempering two accessories with lucky weapon will drop twice as much and more of the secondary melee and primary ranged, though wooden weapons do not seem to drop at all.

Tempering lucky drop armour, you will see more of the specific armour you have equipped, tempering lucky drop armour on two accessories you will likely see even more of the armour you have equipped

Forging has only one purpose now for dream of the wise, forge 1 piece of gear of your desired typed if you have not looted any, rarity doesn't matter, equip that piece of gear, temper lucky drop armour on an accessory, go kill stuff, you will see more of that type of armour, and it will have better stats and higher starred values,

what your hoping to find is divine gear with grace transfer soul match with a grace of your preference, and ethereal gear with rarity transfer soul match and a really good weapon, armour etc,

if you only have a few ethereal pieces and having trouble looting more, go to the mission the search, there are 4 little sudama in the mission, drop each of the little sudama an ethereal equipment, the sudama will give you back an ethereal armour or weapon, if you dropped weapons you will get back weapons, if you drop armour you will get back armour

Sudama consider ranged weapons to be weapons, so dropping a ranged will giie you back melee and dropping melee might give you ranged

Sudama will return you armour if you drop armour, though random piece it will be matching the same type dropped, head armour for head armour, chest for chest etc.

dropping ethereal equipment to sudama will not lose anything, they always give you back an ethereal of the same level, though it will come back at +0 and the stats will be rerolled and this is what the sudama existed for all along

sudama can roll rarity transfer soul match (just don't drop accessories to the little sudama, they keep those)

but what about the stat requirements saved from forging? Ethereal gear, all of it, the required stats to equip are all reduced as if you forged it. So you looted a divine gear and the required stats are above your current stats, make it etheral and the stat requirements are halved

What about forging for starred and special effects.... it's a waste of time since looting will have higher values and higher starred chances... I have looted an ethereal with 4 starred effects, I have forged for days, save scumming and hundreds of forges to make armour with starred onmyo power +12 on boots, no luck, looted 5 in 20 minutes

There might be some not yet seen benefit from forging, heavy armour can forge starred weight capacity bonus +1.4 increasing your max weight capacity, haven't seen that on a looted piece yet

not sure if this will help anyone or if everyone knows it... but

tl/dr - forge 1 piece you want, temper lucky drop =X and go kill everything, profit
Gamer tag PS4 - Glyphblade
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Chaos77

Chaos77
4 days ago#2
@Glyphstone01

Can u just temper these at a blacksmith? Cause I need Lucky drop weapon.

User Info: Warjack

Warjack
4 days ago#3
@Glyphstone01

I tried giving the little sudama several different ethereal melee and ranged weapons but they always give me a melee weapon back. They do have different graces on them so that is nice but is there another way to get rerolls on ethereal ranged weapons?

User Info: ibekresna

ibekresna
4 days ago#4
Wait so tempering lucky × on 2 acc stacks? Well this is big info
psn : kodokberacun

User Info: galarun

galarun
4 days ago#5
Good to hear that forging for stats and stars is no longer the best way. I'd rather actually play the game to get the gear I want than sit through hours of tedium.

Anybody know if big sudama do anything special in regards to ethereals? maybe grace rerolling if you give 'em two of something?

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
4 days ago#6
Great Info OP!
Glyphstone01 posted...
Sudama consider ranged weapons to be weapons, so dropping a ranged will giie you back melee and dropping melee might give you ranged
It's completely random, from what I've seen. I've dropped melee weapons and gotten both ranged and melee weapons back. Same with Ranged weapons. The only thing that seems to be a guarantee when you play the Sudama slot machine is, if you drop an Ethereal weapon (melee or ranged) it will give you back an Ethereal weapon (melee or ranged).

I haven't seen any way to control the grace. One thing I have noticed though, I think Lucky Drop Equipped Weapon affects what they drop. It's not all the time. But I've seen quite a few times where they drop 1, of the 4, exact weapons I have equipped. This has happened back, to back, in some cases. I can't say the exact percentage... it's low, but it's noticeable. So, Luck Drop Equipped Weapon seems to improve the chance that they'll return a weapon that you have equipped.

I've managed to replace all 4 of my weapons with Grace of Tsukuyomi versions of the same thing in about an hour of doing this in The Search mission. As soon as I got to DotW, I went to A Voice in the Twilight mission, and quickly killed revenants that had Ethereal weapons (Strat: just drop 2 Shikigami on top of the grave, summon the revenant, it gets blown up and instantly dies), until I had 4 Ethereal weapons (I had to reset revenants at the Shrine 4 times before I got what I wanted). Then I went to The Search mission and gambled with the Sudama there until each of those 4 Ethereal weapons that I had were converted into Grace of Tsukuyomi for both my melee slots, and both my ranged slots.

2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless
PSN Detrizzy GBFV - Ferry, Guilty Gear - Millia, Avengers - Iron Man

ibekresna
4 days ago#7
The only real pain is the yasakani tho. Is there a way we can reroll yasakanis ethereal grace without the penance

Glyphstone01
4 days ago#8
Chaos77 posted...
@Glyphstone01

Can u just temper these at a blacksmith? Cause I need Lucky drop weapon.

I think lucky drop weapon, armour, or accessory can be tempered on divine and ethereal only, temper at the blacksmith

it is possible to have all 3 on two accessories, and they do stack, sort of

accessory in equipment slot 1 seems to increase primary or slot 1 melee weapon and slot 1 ranged weapons, accessory in equipment slot 2 or secondary seems to increase drops of secondary weapon and secondary ranged weapon, or something like that

armour I think is chest, and waste for 1rst accessory slot , gloves, boots helms in the second, it's not exact, there is still random RNG but I was getting more chests and waists

for weapons I was seeing a lot of my primary weapon when I had lucky drop weapon on my yasakani in my first slot, when I switched to a yata mirror lucky weapon in second slot , saw more of my secondary melee weapon drop

as for the sudama, the ranged and melee are considered the same, I mentioned this so no one takes a precious ethereal ranged weapon and drops it to a sudama hoping to get a ranged weapon back, it might, it's rng, but low chance, consider there are 8 or 10 melee weapon categories, and 3 ranged so higher chance of a melee being dropped.

if you play the sudama slot machine, you can go for either the grace of your desire or rarity transfer soul match and make soul match divine gear to ethereal

little sudama trade weapons and armours 1 for 1

big sudama will trade you 2 for 2

Glyphstone01
4 days ago#9
ibekresna posted...
The only real pain is the yasakani tho. Is there a way we can reroll yasakanis ethereal grace without the penance

have you got any rerolled accesories hrough stone of penance to have a different grace? I've been trying many things and nothing is working

have you found a way?

ibekresna
4 days ago#10
Glyphstone01 posted...
have you got any rerolled accesories hrough stone of penance to have a different grace? I've been trying many things and nothing is working

have you found a way?

Nope. I only need 1 yasakani with a marici grace to finally complete my 6 benz 7 marici build,i got a really good 6benz 6marici going right now with melee ki damage on all the armors (got lucky). But the yasakani,i just cant figure that one out, got acala, takemikazuchi, and kagutsuchi but i cant reroll them by putting them in the penance again,and i have to use a brand new yasakani.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Lucky drops explained, and Forging is near useless now
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 130 Questions (80 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A