• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Best elemental and recommended build

User Info: ghost5141

ghost5141
1 week ago#1
I have never really explored elemental, nor its build.

May i ask what's the most recommended elemental? Lightning? So it's slow down enemy? And what's the recommended build?
Psn: ghost5141

User Info: AKITAS_BRAVE

AKITAS_BRAVE
1 week ago#2
It's not, strictly speaking, elemental, but poison is head and shoulders above everything else.
PSN ID AKITAS_BRAVE

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 week ago#3
Poison is stronger, yeah. But for elemental builds - you have to choose between melee damage vs status'ed enemies, jutsu damage, etc. Lightning is likely easiest to build for, and is often preferred since it slows enemies. Water is also nice because it has a spirit and a soul core that increases melee damage vs saturated enemies, and saturation increases physical damage by about 20%.

But it really all depends on if you want justu damage, to use magic or ninjutsu, or if you want better melee damage after inflicting the elemental status. But poison is the easiest to make high damage and long lasting.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
1 week ago#4
I’ll also throw my support behind lightning, since almost nothing resists it and slowing an enemy is a very powerful effect

User Info: ghost5141

ghost5141
1 week ago#5
Is poison considered elemental? In terms of elemental buff? I am now using poison but I keep thinking elemental only include typical like lightning, fire, water and etc.
Psn: ghost5141

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
1 week ago#6
ghost5141 posted...
Is poison considered elemental? In terms of elemental buff? I am now using poison but I keep thinking elemental only include typical like lightning, fire, water and etc.
No. Poison and Paralyse are not considered elemental.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.
PSN: SGRM_ Pawn: Emma

User Info: ccloh

ccloh
1 week ago#7
the purpose of elemental is to create a state of confusion for the enemy. just apply 2 different elements and you can tell they are in a state of confusion when you see dark coloring around them. in fact you yourself can get into state of confusion. when in state of confusion the defense is down, ki recovery practically not happening. we only have 3 elements to play with lightning, fire and water. while i see fire and lightning alone can kill the enemy off but yet to see that happen to water. so if you are not into creating state of confusion, perhaps you can focus just on fire and/or lightning.

in nioh 2 you can have a choice of either relying on ninjutsu or onmyo to create state of confusion. don't remember in nioh 1 you can do with ninjutsu. for ninjutsu is the 3 feather skills (water, fire and lightning) and onmyo is the 3 elemental shot
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 week ago#8
Corruption and purity count as elements. In Nioh we had earth and water - in Nioh 2 we have corruption and purity.

Confusion is powerful - but not the only reason for inflicting elemental damage.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: Sirgamesal0t

Sirgamesal0t
1 week ago#9
I have to back lightning here, i been using the same build since lv60 and im not lv240 i'm full kintaros and i rely on shock, its better then sloth, and i got about 48% bonus accumulation, for my axe build it means i often apply it with 2-3 hits.

Makes a lot of bosses easier, but i'm wondering if the dual swords that have both lightning and fire can be abused for easy confusion application?

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
1 week ago#10
Water does equivalent damage to fire and lightning, it just depends on elemental weaknesses

additionally, both purity and corruption count towards causing confusion, so for confusion it can be best to have a purity weapon and then elemental spells/magic/soul core (oni ba are particularly good)

if you just just want to deal elemental damage or a single status effect then a weapon of that element will allow you to “top up” the status with melee attacks and keep it active more or less indefinitely

just be be aware that resistances tend to be very high (so your probably never going to saturate a nure-onna, and probably never going to burn an opponent datara)

the fire familiar spell has high enough buildup to burn anything that isn’t outright immune, but other than that most forms will not be terribly effective to resistant enemies
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Best elemental and recommended build
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A