• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Damage Bonuses.

User Info: Suntu

Suntu
3 days ago#1
Did anyone try to put Agility or/and Familiarity bonuses on weapons?
How do they stack?

User Info: turtles1236

turtles1236
3 days ago#2
Agility works but it's a very small bonus to your melee weapon with B agility but i dont see A doing much more and familiarity only works on the weapon damage it's equipped on

They're both in the same pool of skills so you cant have them on the same weapon

Familiarity is worthless since it conflicts with damage bonus (stat) which can literally add hundreds of attack with a 99 stat

Put damage bonus (agility) on a ranged weapon and damage bonus (stat) on melee

Im not sure if damage bonus (enemies defeated) on a ranged weapon increases melee damage
Blitzball Is A Sports Mini Game In FFX That's Strangely Better Than Actual Retail Sports Games.
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: F*** That After Seeing Xbox One

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
3 days ago#3
this is an important topic / discussion, as these were huge sources of overall End Game damage,in Nioh-1.

I think back then, since I usually use Light Armor / A-Agility, with Yatagarasu or Iga Jonin, I was advised to put Familiarity Damage bonus on my Ranged Weapons, and Agility Damage bonus on my melee weapons... this would be flipped around for a more standard Melee-focused character (or at least this is how it was suggested in N-1).

Now here, in Nioh-2, I'm also curious what the actual %'s end up being. Like, having Fam Dam A+ on a Rifle...what does that add to the damage per shot, compared to you NOT having that on the weapon ?

And...from what you are saying, Turtles, you would actually advise putting ...what "Change to Attack: Skill" (I'll end up having 99-Skill, ultimately, by the end of DOT-Strong), instead ?

-- Can you benefit from that twice though ? Like...if you have it on your Katana, can you also have it on your active Rifle...and both of them are getting the bonus attack from it ? etc etc - lots of questions on the "optimal" End-Game tempering setup you'd want on most of the weapons (both melee and ranged) ! :-)

turtles1236
3 days ago#4
Damage bonus (agility) with B agility

Ill give 2 sets of number since my katana has tachi arts and thats what i used against the skeleton in the training ground

Enemy full health normal light did 1122 and second hit did 1009

With no damage bonus on my ranged weapon I did 1093 and the second hit did 980

Familiarity does nothing to melee damage when its on a ranged weapon

The numbers is from mid stance first swing

Same test with C agility

1st hit - 1118

2nd hit - 1005

So the difference between A B and C agility is literally just a few points of damage

Blitzball Is A Sports Mini Game In FFX That's Strangely Better Than Actual Retail Sports Games.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: ghost5141

ghost5141
3 days ago#5
Thanks so much for this. I have Dam Bon (stats) on melee but Fam Dam on range, i guess i need to switch the latter to damage bonus (agility) now.

Thanks again. Great and important info.
Psn: ghost5141

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
3 days ago#6
turtles1236 posted...
So the difference between A B and C agility is literally just a few points of damage

Hmmm, they must have Drastically scaled down these bonuses then...cause I seem to think they were like +15%? maybe I"m mis-remembering...from Nioh-1. @Lupinos / or D_Slayer were really good with the behind-the-scenes mechanics knowledge and values.

I also need to figure out a full list as to what conflicts with what, now...cause there are a lot of effects that seem to prevent soul matching inheritables and such, from actually carrying over (it seems more restrictive than in N-1).

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
3 days ago#7
Yeah, I'm hearing they are more like 4% now instead of 15%. Makes sense with what they have done to set bonuses and primary damage boosts.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

turtles1236
3 days ago#8
Damage bonus (enemy defeated) A starts getting better than agility bonus A after 5 kills

User Info: ghost5141

ghost5141
3 days ago#9
turtles1236 posted...
Damage bonus (enemy defeated) A starts getting better than agility bonus A after 5 kills

If i put this on Range, does it get proc from using Melee or it only proc from using Range? Since first choice is Damage Bonus on Melee and they conflict each other.
Psn: ghost5141

turtles1236
3 days ago#10
ghost5141 posted...
If i put this on Range, does it get proc from using Melee or it only proc from using Range? Since first choice is Damage Bonus on Melee and they conflict each other.
Yep I have it on my range and tested it even though the damage that gives you is still pathetic it's still bonus damage either way
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Damage Bonuses.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A