• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Nioh Fans Opinion on Code Vein

User Info: Game_Fu

Game_Fu
2 days ago#31
Dude, I thoroughly enjoyed Code Vein. Is it as good and refined as Nioh? No, but it DEFINITELY scratches that itch.

User Info: Choppa675

Choppa675
2 days ago#32
I completed the game, but I lost interest in it months ago. I don't exactly like how you can't add points to your stats unless you use passives. I was also not a fan of how almost every enemy had a million poise. I don't know if they have fixed it or not, but I don't think they have.

I'm happy I moved on, but I don't think I'll ever touch that game ever again.
You better be praising that sun...
http://i.imgur.com/iuHjZlx.jpg

User Info: ssringo

ssringo
2 days ago#33
I enjoyed it enough for a single playthrough near launch and haven't touched it since. I would've dropped it before completion if I had Nioh 2 available.
Hi

User Info: YasashiKokoro

YasashiKokoro
2 days ago#34
FeaRxImMortaL posted...
Anyone played it? Looking for something new to dive into next week till some DLC ornupdates drop for this. Any opinions on it?
Code Vein is very bad. I actually pre-oredered it and spent about 10 hours playing it... one of the worst purchases I've ever made.

Story feels like it's written by a narcissist who can't understand that reusing the same "experience their memory to feel for them" trick is not only repetitive but cheap and annoying. Basically, you get this cutscene after each boss in which you need to literally walk through their memories and experience them, at first I thought it was clever, then it happened again, and again, and again... Imagine playing an action game and literally doing nothing but walk and listen to poorly written and voiced dialogue that doesn't even tell a decent story - it's the usual "mom died, parkour". Well, "mom died" can be relatable but not in this game. Characters are one-dimensional. Writing is on the level of God Eater series.

Level design is awful, they reuse the same small patch of textures to make the levels seem huge when all looks like Persona 4 dungeons. Especially that white castle. I saw the devs brag about it like they made something so incredible...

Gameplay-wise it's really bad, too.It's basically something like DMC and God Eater minus the fun. You have skills, you can change the class (which gets super-confusing) so there's literally no character progression and you have your usual light and strong attack. Okayish at first but you'll get bored of it quickly and then you realize - that's all they've got.
Bosses are cheap and not memorable.

Code Vein is just a poor imitation of Dark Souls aimed at the otaku crowd who will be so distracted by the character designs that they won't see just how bad this game is. Same as God Eater which was a poor imitation of Monster Hunter.

Have you played all Souls? Demon's Souls, DS 1, 3, Bloodborne + DLC, Sekiro? If you want more, just replay them, honestly. If you don't want replaying, I can suggest Darksiders III, it's nowhere near as deep but at least it's not as bad as Code Vein.

User Info: FeaRxImMortaL

FeaRxImMortaL
2 days ago#35
**Posted response in wrong topic lol***

Seems like mixed reviews. I just got off getting platinums in KH 3 Critical+reMIND, DmC5, Bayonetta and this lastly I think it'll be hard to go down to an easier game and hold my interest. I'll wait till it's on sale and like someone said try out the demo. I've beat all souls and bloodborne. I do have Sekiro though and haven't touched it yet, so maybe I can give that a shot. Awesome feedback guys and gals
"Christus vivit. Christus regnat. Christus ab omni malo te defendat. Maledicti et Excommunicati daemones....."
PSN: ENDLESSxEnVY
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: thedarklordx3

thedarklordx3
2 days ago#36
Code vein is fun, it's the best souls game I've ever played at the beginning. That said it stops being good a while before you finish it so you may only get 20 hours out of it rather than finishing the whole game.

The story is great, the gameplay is great, the lore and world is great, etc. Until it goes to s*** eventually.

The DLC is all bad btw. $10 each for 1 extra hour of content each according to reviews.
Dragon Ball is more than just anime/manga it's a way of life -DBZAOTA
being called a Devil rather than a man by his enemies is a testament to his greatness -HCE
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
2 days ago#37
Code Vein ng+ onward is even more 1-shotty than Nioh.

Fun until then though.
"Imagine being delusional enough to buy a fighting game for the fighting. Crazy." -bnmp

User Info: Velvet__Crowe

Velvet__Crowe
2 days ago#38
I really, really liked Code Vein at first. I’m not 100% sure why but I put it down 8-10 hours in. I think it’s just too anime. The storytelling, I mean. The battle system is fine, I guess. But I feel like being an anime Dark Souls is likely what killed my interest.
"I'd thank the gods, but you seem to be taking them out at an alarming rate." - Hargan, Sarn Encampment
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: CaptainObvius

CaptainObvius
2 days ago#39
I really enjoyed it. It was fun experimenting with all of the build options. I just wish there were a few more viable armor types for end game. Not for everyone, but still entertaining.
"Squeak"- Death of Rats, Discworld.

User Info: Yesmankablaam

Yesmankablaam
2 days ago#40
got deluxe edition and had a great time with it overall. it's different enough to not be cookie cutter souls style and i like the companion system and customization and story. waiting for the last dlc to comeout though before i tackle all of those.
A person is smart. People are dumb.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Nioh Fans Opinion on Code Vein
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A