• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Sword Bias?

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
3 days ago#11
FeaRxImMortaL posted...
Pretty mixed reviews. Coming off a KH3+Remind critical, DMC5 and this platinum might be hard to go straight to an easy game and keep my attention. I'll wait for a sale on it and give it a whirl then. Thanks for all your input guys and gals.

wrong topic breh
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley

User Info: dourshi

dourshi
3 days ago#12
TCSyd posted...
You don't use USotC for DPS, you use it for burst, pressure, and tracking. That's how I've been using it, anyway. It's decent, but definitely not amazing.

Tracking generally isnt an issue for me, pressure would be achieved by chaining another SotC, though I guess USotC would be better at pressuring humanoid opponents, though idk how the ki dmg is on block though. I've just been using it and dragons claw to play sub-optimally, but its nice to mix things up, hell I even throw raijin in the mix.
Strive through the pain

User Info: TCSyd

TCSyd
3 days ago#13
You use the tracking, for example, when you SotC through an enemy. USotC will turn you around so you can stay on them.

Dragon's Claw isn't sub-optimal, necessarily. You can use the Anima it provides to cancel into a follow-up. Ippon-Datara, for example, will knockdown when properly timed. So, instead of doing SotC > SotC > Final Blow, you can do Dragon's Claw > Ippon-Datara > SotC > Final Blow.
(edited 3 days ago)

dourshi
3 days ago#14
Interesting, good stuff man. I had no idea that it turns you around automatically if you go through them thats pretty nice on block. I was generally using it while in front of the enemy. The thing about dragons claw is that I always have full anima everytime I go to use it (I guess I dont use yokai abilites enough). Even still on an out of ki human you can get up to 3 SotCs (generally two) and two of those will generally be on an enemy on its back so you get increased dmg so from that stand point any other option is sub optimal.
Strive through the pain

TCSyd
3 days ago#15
USotC tracking is pretty good, yeah. Main weakness is its recovery, but Yokai Skills can compensate for that, to a degree. Dragon's Claw is definitely sub-optimal if you don't utilize the Anima. Still okay to use it just for fun, of course.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Don_Quixote

Don_Quixote
3 days ago#16
Man, you master the Shrike and you are God against human enemies. Dual Sword is the most underrated weapon class in Nioh,

dourshi
3 days ago#17
TCSyd posted...
USotC tracking is pretty good, yeah. Main weakness is its recovery, but Yokai Skills can compensate for that, to a degree. Dragon's Claw is definitely sub-optimal if you don't utilize the Anima. Still okay to use it just for fun, of course.

Yeah for sure both are leagues ahead of the other skills that got added in nioh dlc, double headed slice is also great skill. I actually use anima a lot,I just gain it back from successful burst counters and soul cores drop like hot cakes for me, so Im always full, in fact the more I spam Yatsu the more cores drop. Thanks for the info, now to find a good use for mortal flow >_>
Strive through the pain
(edited 3 days ago)

TCSyd
3 days ago#18
Only use for Mortal Flow I've found is that it's a pretty reliable horn break. Kinda useful if you don't use Windstorm (and I don't), but it's still just too slow. It's even harder to justify now that horn breaks aren't an instant zero Ki.
(edited 3 days ago)

dourshi
3 days ago#19
Yeah I remember that much, but as you said its so slow, and you can get hit out of it. I usually have windstorm too so its just a waste of skill points
Strive through the pain
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Sword Bias?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A