• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Sword Bias?

User Info: Joshu23

Joshu23
3 days ago#1
Is it just me or does it seem like nioh 2 has a bias towards dual swords. First off, you need to be proficient in them to unlock a sub mission, they also have 4 hidden skills compared to the others having around 2. Lastly, it seems that there are way more gear sets that have a dual sword. Agree or disagree?

User Info: TCSyd

TCSyd
3 days ago#2
It's a consequence of the story. Team Ninja doesn't seem overly concerned with maintaining weapon diversity at the cost of character/world design, it seems. This was most obvious in Nioh 1 with the staggering number of Swords thrown at the player early on.

It'll get better with time, but you'll just have to suffer for now, pretty much.

I don't feel too bad about Dual Swords having the most hidden skills considering that the last 4 Active Skills added to the weapon (Raijin, Mortal Flow, Dual Dragons, and Piercing Wheel) are pretty much hot garbage. But I also seriously doubt that's Team Ninja's reasoning lol.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: FeaRxImMortaL

FeaRxImMortaL
3 days ago#3
Tonfas got screwed with only one boss skill along with hatchets and axes
"Christus vivit. Christus regnat. Christus ab omni malo te defendat. Maledicti et Excommunicati daemones....."
PSN: ENDLESSxEnVY

User Info: Masadune

Masadune
3 days ago#4
Joshu23 posted...
Is it just me or does it seem like nioh 2 has a bias towards dual swords. First off, you need to be proficient in them to unlock a sub mission, they also have 4 hidden skills compared to the others having around 2. Lastly, it seems that there are way more gear sets that have a dual sword. Agree or disagree?

I..agree :T
The only reason I see the push is that they want players to use dual sword mystic arts which work for all weaps.

As far as sets go, dual sword is up there but have to say it is surpassed by sets that hold swords in them, which is a little annoying but whatever I get it.

Honestly I'm surprised there aren't more sets for the new weapons, it's basically barren.

And most other weapon focused sets have what? 2 maybe 3

*shrugs*

Still don't let this take your opportunity to mix and match, there is also that item that allows you to for go a set piece to fulfill a set bonus(yasanki?)

I'm with TCSyd on this one, hang tight hopefully we will get more in the dlc :x
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Hayabusaisking

Hayabusaisking
3 days ago#5
Well to plays Angel's Advocate. The dual swords from Nioh 1 was lacking alot of skills. It had the same combo ender for low stance and mid stance and it lacked diversity of moves other weapons had.

Luckily it's my favourite weapon so it gained 4 more skills. And just dragons claw alone is beautiful to watch. Excellent animation.

The sign of cross ultimate is taken from Ninja gaiden dual sword combos. When you run with the duals and press square twice you have like sign of the cross twice.

Looking forward to my maybe claw weapon dlc
Bias towards Ninja gaiden series.
B E W A R E. True gleaming blade
Hayabusaisking posted...
Well to plays Angel's Advocate. The dual swords from Nioh 1 was lacking alot of skills. It had the same combo ender for low stance and mid stance and it lacked diversity of moves other weapons had.

Luckily it's my favourite weapon so it gained 4 more skills. And just dragons claw alone is beautiful to watch. Excellent animation.

The sign of cross ultimate is taken from Ninja gaiden dual sword combos. When you run with the duals and press square twice you have like sign of the cross twice.

Looking forward to my maybe claw weapon dlc
^ See, this guy knows
When you browse long into the GameFAQs, the GameFAQs also browses into you... - Elize_Lutus
PSN: SymphonicDeath https://www.youtube.com/SymphonicDeath

User Info: dourshi

dourshi
3 days ago#7
If theres a weapon bias I would say its towards spear and to odachi (which should be much slower ). Duals have a lot of redundancy. 5 total parries if you include the skill drop (when only one is good). I still have no idea why they added two new parries as moves. Also all of its "new" skills (outside of skill drops) suck big time, not even worth using. Maybe raijin for shenanigans but all bad. USotC isnt bad but not great, its just that base SotC is so good, theres no real reason to use it when dmg output would be better chaining another. I say it could use more diversity, but SotC is a contender for the best skill in the game.
Strive through the pain

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
3 days ago#8
i think they deserved more new moves because their moveset was more shallow compared to a lot of the other weapons.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

User Info: TCSyd

TCSyd
3 days ago#9
dourshi posted...
USotC isnt bad but not great, its just that base SotC is so good, theres no real reason to use it when dmg output would be better chaining another.
You don't use USotC for DPS, you use it for burst, pressure, and tracking. That's how I've been using it, anyway. It's decent, but definitely not amazing.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Sword Bias?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A