• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Swords Low Stance Appreciation Thread

User Info: TCSyd

TCSyd
2 days ago#11
Cherry Blossom has good DPS, breaks a lot of horns, has an early Ki Pulse window, and easily hits Rokurokubi's weakpoint.

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
2 days ago#12
Symphonic_Death posted...
I remember back on the Nioh 1 boards, pretty much everyone was saying how bad dual swords were, they thought Kusa was best weapon for the longest. Only a few ppl including myself knew how truly broken duals were, then during the great spam wars of the PvP release, duals came out on top as the unrivaled spam weapon. Such a great title.

The things you could do with Sign of the Cross in the 1st game were insane. You could even use God of Wind during living weapon if you started the combo with Demon Thrust. I am glad they toned them down in this game though, so that human enemies can no longer be put into infinite loops (without paralysis). For me it's just refreshing to finally see the weapon get the love it deserved from the start lol

eh dual sword mastery was always one of the most popular weapon mastery achievements and lots of youtubers ran duals as well, so saying it was ever not popular doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe not on here specifically. Always saw lots of red phantoms with duals too.

the devs clearly heavily favor the weapon too, so I don’t understand the perception that it’s ever been some sort of underdog weapon at all.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley

User Info: dourshi

dourshi
2 days ago#13
In Nioh 1 I mostly only stayed in Mid-stance and high stance (until skill pvp) I love minds eye but I dodge normally, low stance is legit though. I love mid stance regular attack.
Strive through the pain

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
2 days ago#14
Yeah low stance minds eye has about 500 i frames.
NotBot posted...
eh dual sword mastery was always one of the most popular weapon mastery achievements and lots of youtubers ran duals as well, so saying it was ever not popular doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe not on here specifically. Always saw lots of red phantoms with duals too.

the devs clearly heavily favor the weapon too, so I don’t understand the perception that it’s ever been some sort of underdog weapon at all.
Youtubers running duals was one of the main problems. It made other people want to play them, but when they found out duals don't get damage as easily as other weapons, they took to the comments and boards to complain about how weak duals were.

Seeing a lot of revenants with duals isn't a good thing, you're just seeing graves with the weapons people died with the most (another reason there were a lot of complaints). Hardly anyone understood Sign of the Cross in the beginning, it got labled inconsistent and overall not worth the trouble to use.

If you were around from the beginning of Nioh you'd understand, especially since duals had the least amount of skills back then. Devs have not always favored them.
When you browse long into the GameFAQs, the GameFAQs also browses into you... - Elize_Lutus
PSN: SymphonicDeath https://www.youtube.com/SymphonicDeath
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
2 days ago#16

Symphonic_Death posted...
Youtubers running duals was one of the main problems. It made other people want to play them, but when they found out duals don't get damage as easily as other weapons, they took to the comments and boards to complain about how weak duals were.

Seeing a lot of revenants with duals isn't a good thing, you're just seeing graves with the weapons people died with the most (another reason there were a lot of complaints). Hardly anyone understood Sign of the Cross in the beginning, it got labled inconsistent and overall not worth the trouble to use.

If you were around from the beginning of Nioh you'd understand, especially since duals had the least amount of skills back then. Devs have not always favored them.

I have been around since the beginning. quantity of skills Doesn’t equal quality. If you want to keep telling yourself you’re an underdog though go for it.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley
NotBot posted...
I have been around since the beginning. quantity of skills Doesn’t equal quality. If you want to keep telling yourself you’re an underdog though go for it.
Sure you have. That's not what I'm saying at all tho, the weapon has always been strong, just underappreciated. Understand?
When you browse long into the GameFAQs, the GameFAQs also browses into you... - Elize_Lutus
PSN: SymphonicDeath https://www.youtube.com/SymphonicDeath
well I do stay in low most of the time with any weapon just because you have the better movement. Switch to other stances when you want to use those moves, then switch back to low. Most of the time the attacks I'm doing with the duals is Sign of the Cross, anyway.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo
Hey Brother welcome to the club. Dual swords low stance is a monster. No matter what boss I fight once I switch to low stance I can dodge anything in the knick of time. Plus the speed is unfathomable with hit and run damage. I wish I could buff the damage and stay there
Bias towards Ninja gaiden series.
B E W A R E. True gleaming blade
if you're talking to me, I've been using Sign of the Cross since Nioh 1 lol
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Swords Low Stance Appreciation Thread
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A