• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Swords Low Stance Appreciation Thread

User Info: Enduring_Dream

Enduring_Dream
3 days ago#1
So I was your run-of-the-mill Switchglaive / Omnyo user when I saw the mission with Master Dual Blades requirements.
Being a completionist, I switched to Dual Swords and oh boy !

Low Stance is so legit you dont have to switch to anything else :

• Fast AF (can apply any effect on anything not immune, in like 3/4 of your KI bar max)
  • Perfect Dodge
  • Enemy is blocking ? Insta Grapple / Final Blow !
  • Strong guard
  • Cool jumps to avoid stuff / chase
  • Unlike the switchblade, doesnt randomly miss point blank attacks (seriously wtf with that ?)

Switchblade ? Never again !
(except for that Hanzo mission, because wooden dual blades suck balls...)

User Info: Creatures08

Creatures08
3 days ago#2
Honestly if Water sword wasnt High Stance only I would never get out of low stance

User Info: kamaa

kamaa
3 days ago#3
I love minds eye on low stance, great i-frames. My favourite dodge.

When enemies are blocking you can dodge backwards do one quick attack and combo into god of wind to destroy ki

User Info: R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle
3 days ago#4
kamaa posted...
I love minds eye on low stance, great i-frames. My favourite dodge.

When enemies are blocking you can dodge backwards do one quick attack and combo into god of wind to destroy ki

God of wind is to good you can literally do it over and over on human bosses and most others and theirs nothing they can do to stop it

The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
You'll rarely ever see me leave low stance with duals, especially now that Double Headed Slice has taken Windstorm's job. Now I only stance change to mid for messing around with parries, or high for those few beautiful Water Sword moments (and the rare botched Flux 2).
When you browse long into the GameFAQs, the GameFAQs also browses into you... - Elize_Lutus
PSN: SymphonicDeath https://www.youtube.com/SymphonicDeath
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: TCSyd

TCSyd
3 days ago#6
Y'all don't use Cherry Blossom or Mid Stance Strong Attacks?

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
3 days ago#7
Congratulations now you’re an even more run-of-the-mill bandwagon weaponeer.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley
TCSyd posted...
Y'all don't use Cherry Blossom or Mid Stance Strong Attacks?
Can't speak for others, but Cherry Blossom is too slow for my liking. Do you use it to do something in particular that other skills can't? I know it knocks down most human enemies on hit, but it can get blocked or interrupted. No mid-stance heavy for me, I just use Sign of the Cross for crowd control.

NotBot posted...
Congratulations now you’re an even more run-of-the-mill bandwagon weaponeer.
I remember back on the Nioh 1 boards, pretty much everyone was saying how bad dual swords were, they thought Kusa was best weapon for the longest. Only a few ppl including myself knew how truly broken duals were, then during the great spam wars of the PvP release, duals came out on top as the unrivaled spam weapon. Such a great title.

The things you could do with Sign of the Cross in the 1st game were insane. You could even use God of Wind during living weapon if you started the combo with Demon Thrust. I am glad they toned them down in this game though, so that human enemies can no longer be put into infinite loops (without paralysis). For me it's just refreshing to finally see the weapon get the love it deserved from the start lol
When you browse long into the GameFAQs, the GameFAQs also browses into you... - Elize_Lutus
PSN: SymphonicDeath https://www.youtube.com/SymphonicDeath
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Rafahil19

Rafahil19
3 days ago#9
Yeah dual blades have a lot going for them, they're extremely versatile and I absolutely love Moon Shadow. Enemies that block me gets their ki eaten, I even put masterful slice on mine for even more ki damage. Then there is double slice, I put an arcana of vermin on it for near insta paralysis. Dragon Claw after breaking someones ki with moonshadow and it gives me half my anima gauge back. Btw dragon claw gives you full anima back if you use it on a slope or stairs (i.e. anywhere that is not flat terrain).

Right now I'm trying to unlock Ultimate Sign of the Cross.
Always know your endgame before you lift a hand.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 days ago#10
I just literally do one light into god of wind over and over and it seems stronger than anything else I can do with the weapon. Maybe switch to water sword on a ki broken yokai for massive amounts of amrita drops to heal up but honestly spamming god of wind even more is just fine.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dual Swords Low Stance Appreciation Thread
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A