• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. I find this game weirdly exhausting to play in a way I haven't felt in a Souls

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
1 week ago#1
Something about the stage layouts or the constant ganks or the long stages that end with a boss that isn't nearly as hard as the stage before it. I tend to go into this game jazzed, finish a mission, finish the side missions that unlock and than put the game down.

I just can't play this game for long stretches like most people.

User Info: mashu

mashu
1 week ago#2
I definitely feel that in this game and I did not feel that way about the first one. Ive thought about it before while playing Nioh 2 and thinking Nioh was more relaxing to play, which is a weird thing to think but I feel that way. I think it’s the constant pressure and intensity from this game. That’s not to say it’s necessarily harder than Nioh (though it was for me in the early game). It’s just the enemy layout and reliance on Burst Counter as well as overall aggression and speed of enemies seems higher.

hasnt stopped me from investing a ton of time into it and continuing but yeah, I do get post story mission fatigue or sometimes pause a while at a shrine.
A man who never eats pork buns, is never a whole man!

User Info: nofxnofx

nofxnofx
1 week ago#3
I'm the same. Do a mission or two, then take a break.

I don't mind though, and I think that that will probably pass when I know the layouts and can run things more efficiently.
My log has something to tell you.

User Info: Scorex_VII

Scorex_VII
1 week ago#4
I wish i could feel the same... i can barely do 2 missions😭

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
1 week ago#5
I'm so glad I'm not alone on this, I was so upset since I basically marathoned the first game.

User Info: Bartboyblu

Bartboyblu
1 week ago#6
For me it’s the gear management. It’s just too constant and too time consuming. I even have a giant backlog of cores I haven’t gone through.

User Info: thebestestbest

thebestestbest
1 week ago#7
Every single enemy encounter in this game feels like it was meant to be annoying in some way

-80% of fights are "here's X enemies...and also a ranged guy shooting at you with perfect accuracy
-Dark realm is just not fun at all, you have no resources to work with so you have to play lame or get checkmated with no ki
-Ambushes absolutely everywhere, and not in the fair "just look around". They hide everything almost perfectly so unless you want to play the game at 1/10th normal speed to look around constantly they will get you

Then you add in that almost everything in the game kills in two hits(sometimes 1) and you end up with an experience that doesn't live up to the first game.

Slogging through a level only to get grabbed by an enemy on a narrow bridge and die at 80% health for example is just really tiring.

User Info: Young_Caesar

Young_Caesar
1 week ago#8
Despite it's speed, the game must initially be played in a tedious manner. You are heavily punished by running away from things in levels unless you know specifically how to juke what's ahead. Too many random "enemy falls on you from the ceiling/doorway" moments add to this. Especially when enemy sensor is not reliable.
Juicy

User Info: AlexEternalCham

AlexEternalCham
1 week ago#9
people need to get this out of their system.

THIS IS NOT A SOULS GAME.

It has souls elements yes, but it plays a lot more like a combination of ninja gaiden and devil may cry with diablo style gear management rather than an actual dark souls game.

The same was true about the first game also. Once you start learning 3 or more abilities the game stops having almost anything in common with dark souls other than amrita acting as souls and shrines acting as bonfires.

User Info: AlexEternalCham

AlexEternalCham
1 week ago#10
thebestestbest posted...
Every single enemy encounter in this game feels like it was meant to be annoying in some way

-80% of fights are "here's X enemies...and also a ranged guy shooting at you with perfect accuracy
-Dark realm is just not fun at all, you have no resources to work with so you have to play lame or get checkmated with no ki
-Ambushes absolutely everywhere, and not in the fair "just look around". They hide everything almost perfectly so unless you want to play the game at 1/10th normal speed to look around constantly they will get you

Then you add in that almost everything in the game kills in two hits(sometimes 1) and you end up with an experience that doesn't live up to the first game.

Slogging through a level only to get grabbed by an enemy on a narrow bridge and die at 80% health for example is just really tiring.

Dark realm can be heavily mitigated by shiftling skill tree passive abilities. Ki Pulse is what you have to work with in a dark realm

Ambushes being absolutely everywhere is annoying but it is a core element of the game, once you get used to it you will hardly ever get ambushed because you will know to check for corners and ceilings

You only get 1-2 shoted if you go for glass cannon build. Currently I can take up to 5-6 hits in a level 210 stage (as a shinobi basically glass canon but my gear is heavily upgraded)

Again dying to one shot kills is annoying but if you build yourself around hp and defense you will be able to take 3-4 hits. Also you need to learn to properly spec your gear if you want to get more survavibility out of it.

Most of thes complaints are not even legit. Not saying the game is perfect because it has its flaws but blaiming the game for your own flaws and the inability to adapt is seriously not a game problem.

And no i'm not trying to be an elitist I have died over 400 times in my 200 hours of nioh 2 so i've plenty of fk ups but it was my fault in like 99% of the situations.

or

Maybe the game is not for you
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. I find this game weirdly exhausting to play in a way I haven't felt in a Souls
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A