• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Nioh 2 is far easier than any souls game even than the first nioh and here's why

User Info: victorgpm

victorgpm
1 week ago#1
This is not a joke or a show off topic. I play through all the main mission with my under-leveled character (compare to the recommended level suggested by the mission) and can win through any boss with this setting:
  1. Prepare the Yatsu-No-Kami as your main Yokai ability
  2. Prepare red spider lily (3) and lantern plant fruit (5) in your shortcut item
  3. Prepare shingiku medicine (just in case) in your shortcut
  4. Fill your amrita before enter the arena so you can do Yokai shift
That's all, enter the arena, go spam Yatsu no-kami, hit once with kusaragima high stance quick attack, spam Yatsu no kami, recharge your anima with the items, spam Yatsu, turn into Yokai shifts again, attack with kusaragima again, etc etc etc etc. Basically you can spam Yatsu no-kami like forever... you can use the beckoning bell as well so the scampuss will join the fight while make you recharge the anima faster. Later you can use Kohoku armor with good bonus sets. So that's it, love this game, my GOTY so far, but it is far easierrrrrrrr than the original Nioh and other Souls game, simply because you can spam Yatsu-no-Kami at least 6-8 times before the boss dead.

User Info: SGRM

SGRM
1 week ago#2
That is definitely an option.
Militant men in peaceful times attack themselves.
PSN: SGRM_ Pawn: Emma

User Info: FeaRxImMortaL

FeaRxImMortaL
1 week ago#3
Ya he's strong , guaranteed he will get nerfed soon along with Otakemaru.
"Christus vivit. Christus regnat. Christus ab omni malo te defendat. Maledicti et Excommunicati daemones....."
PSN: ENDLESSxEnVY

User Info: Fist_of_Suns

Fist_of_Suns
1 week ago#4
So with a cheese the game is easy, yup.

Still, you have to play the game normally the whole 1st area, the area ppl strugle the most with.
Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 8
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4

victorgpm
1 week ago#5
And if you really (really) hit the wall even with that setup, you can always buy cups to summon NPC help so you can easily spam Yatsu from the safe distance. My experience, 2-3 times Yatsu + two times dps attack is more than enough to make the bosses' stamina run out. Usually we would enter dark realm two times. So it takes like 2 or 3 lantern fruit (you'll get many of this even if you just run the main missions)

victorgpm
1 week ago#6
Fist_of_Suns posted...
So with a cheese the game is easy, yup.

Still, you have to play the game normally the whole 1st area, the area ppl strugle the most with.

Hmm, agree with your opinion. So my argument should be like this: The game will become far more easier than any souls like game right after you at least complete the first three main missions.

User Info: Fist_of_Suns

Fist_of_Suns
1 week ago#7
victorgpm posted...
Hmm, agree with your opinion. So my argument should be like this: The game will become far more easier than any souls like game right after you at least complete the first three main missions.

You can make the game really trivial when you have that move if you want.
I think the next best cheese is full ninjitsu. Or even a combo of snake move and shuriken.

But as funny as that is for a while, it makes the game boring very quickly imo.

Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 8
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4

User Info: EmoBanger69

EmoBanger69
1 week ago#8
victorgpm posted...
Nioh 2 is easier still. Granted, if you're imagining going into each game completely blind and w/o knowledge of similar games... I'd say Nioh 2 is pretty hard, but anyone familiar with the franchise will know the diffixulty of souls games is what you make of it, and it's dummy easy to make Nioh 2 easy as all hell.

victorgpm
1 week ago#9
Fist_of_Suns posted...
You can make the game really trivial when you have that move if you want.
I think the next best cheese is full ninjitsu. Or even a combo of snake move and shuriken.

But as funny as that is for a while, it makes the game boring very quickly imo.

Hehehe, I couldn't agree more. I feel really horrible for never try to seriously learn the bosses' pattern and tels. I love souls-like game for the way that we have to learn and solve the boss fights pattern to win, even when it means 20 deaths for each boss. Think I will restart my character and try to defeat the game with only melee and burst counter. Try the no-damage challenge (it definitely means 20 deaths for each boss for me).

User Info: Woex

Woex
1 week ago#10
FeaRxImMortaL posted...
Ya he's strong , guaranteed he will get nerfed soon along with Otakemaru.

Why do they want to nerf Otakemaru? I mean it one-shots bosses, but nothing that needs a nerf :3
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Nioh 2 is far easier than any souls game even than the first nioh and here's why
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A