• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2

User Info: Death_Master911

Death_Master911
3 days ago#91
Just learned that there are naming inconsistencies with the smithing texts.
For example, Big Dipper Blade & Heishishorin-ken is actually Shichisei & Heishishorin.
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

Death_Master911
3 days ago#92
Hit 96.6% of Smithing Texts obtained. Cannot find the last ones anywhere. I've exhausted the drop pools of every boss and enemy I've listed.

I'm not sure if the game counts the Demon Horde stuff. I don't have the deluxe edition.
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

User Info: sephiroth143

sephiroth143
3 days ago#93
I have the theory that dev graves may hold 2 or 3. I swear I got one smithing text from one since I like to kill all graves with red names and recall being surprised when 1 dropped.

For the DLC I think only the kamaitachi helmet counts since by making a new save and just activating boons I get 3 smithing texts but 0.4% smithing text completion which means only 1 of the 3 counted. If the demon horde armor that I have don't count I doubt the weapons count. I recall in nioh 1 the mask gotten from the "mark of ..." beta specials where available when killing the bosses so that is why I'm guessing kaimatachi would be the same and counts.

User Info: ZipZappy

ZipZappy
3 days ago#94
Death_Master911 posted...
Hit 96.6% of Smithing Texts obtained. Cannot find the last ones anywhere. I've exhausted the drop pools of every boss and enemy I've listed.

I'm not sure if the game counts the Demon Horde stuff. I don't have the deluxe edition.

I have deluxe edition and am sitting at 98.1%, i havent actually looked at your list yet, but i'll compare mine and yours and see what's missing

ZipZappy
3 days ago#95
You're missing:

Rabbit Crest Helmet, must be a drop from final boss as it uses his material
Takezo's headband, "headband worn by Miyamoto Musashi"
Moon Charm Helmet, "belonged to katakura kagetsuna... passed to Kagetsuna's son Shigenaga"
Hairy Caterpillar Helmet, "worn by Satake Yoshihige"
Love-Crested Helmet, "worn by Naoe Kanetsugu"
Warrior Monk's Hood, "hood worn by Musashibo benkei"
Mountain Ridge Helmet, "Nagao Kagetora", Nurikabe fragment, looks like one of the helmets dropped by 7 spears
Usurper's Helmet, "Mohri Motanari"
Trident Vajra Sword Helmet, "Sakakibara Yasymasa""Tokugawa clan"
Tengu Mask, no clues in descripion
Black Goose Helmet, "Shinano Genji"

"Fantastical Designs" Description for all of the following, no idea where i get them
------------------
Rabbit Eared Helmet
Flashfire helmet
Bear's Head Helmet
Hat Helmet
Red Kappa Helmet
Bowl Helmet
Chinese Crown Helmet
Japanese Crown Helmet
Monk's Staff Helmet
Water Buffalo Horn Helmet
Butterfly Helmet
Tower Helmet
Elephant's Trunk Helmet
Golden Shachi Helmet
Fan-Crested Helmet
Eboshi Helmet
------------------

Demon Horde Helmet, dlc
First Samurai Helmet, dlc
(edited 3 days ago)

sephiroth143
3 days ago#96
Most of those are not smithing text they are from completing missions.

ZipZappy
3 days ago#97
sephiroth143 posted...
Most of those are not smithing text they are from completing missions.

Gotcha, thanks for pointing that out, was just listing what i noticed wasn't there and didn't think of that, still i hope that even 1 of them is helpful, as everything else seems to be the same between me and his list, and the only other thing i can think of is stuff in the tools menu which isn't included

sephiroth143
3 days ago#98
ZipZappy posted...
Gotcha, thanks for pointing that out, was just listing what i noticed wasn't there and didn't think of that, still i hope that even 1 of them is helpful, as everything else seems to be the same between me and his list, and the only other thing i can think of is stuff in the tools menu which isn't included

I can't remember but I think most of the tools are obtained from mission rewards so he should have them. When he finishes ordering them by the smithy it should be easy to point out which ones he is missing since it just requires going down a list.

Death_Master911
2 days ago#99
I'm pretty sure it's the demon horde stuff as I've finished NG+ and exhausted the drop pools for each boss and enemy I have listed. Just need someone who has the demon horde stuff to confirm if the game tracks it and if so, how many pieces of equipment are included in Demon Horde.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Don_Quixote

Don_Quixote
2 days ago#100
Little Crow & Quickdraw?
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A