• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2

User Info: Death_Master911

Death_Master911
3 days ago#101
Don_Quixote posted...
Little Crow & Quickdraw?
No smithing text for it.
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

User Info: Don_Quixote

Don_Quixote
3 days ago#102
Death_Master911 posted...
No smithing text for it.

Thanks,

Any idea who drops the sword?

User Info: Fwha

Fwha
3 days ago#103
ZipZappy posted...
You're missing:

Rabbit Crest Helmet, must be a drop from final boss as it uses his material
Takezo's headband, "headband worn by Miyamoto Musashi"
Moon Charm Helmet, "belonged to katakura kagetsuna... passed to Kagetsuna's son Shigenaga"
Hairy Caterpillar Helmet, "worn by Satake Yoshihige"
Love-Crested Helmet, "worn by Naoe Kanetsugu"
Warrior Monk's Hood, "hood worn by Musashibo benkei"
Mountain Ridge Helmet, "Nagao Kagetora", Nurikabe fragment, looks like one of the helmets dropped by 7 spears
Usurper's Helmet, "Mohri Motanari"
Trident Vajra Sword Helmet, "Sakakibara Yasymasa""Tokugawa clan"
Tengu Mask, no clues in descripion
Black Goose Helmet, "Shinano Genji"

"Fantastical Designs" Description for all of the following, no idea where i get them
------------------
Rabbit Eared Helmet
Flashfire helmet
Bear's Head Helmet
Hat Helmet
Red Kappa Helmet
Bowl Helmet
Chinese Crown Helmet
Japanese Crown Helmet
Monk's Staff Helmet
Water Buffalo Horn Helmet
Butterfly Helmet
Tower Helmet
Elephant's Trunk Helmet
Golden Shachi Helmet
Fan-Crested Helmet
Eboshi Helmet
------------------

Demon Horde Helmet, dlc
First Samurai Helmet, dlc
I never got a text for the following but I'm able to forge them and have been able to since I complete NG:
-Rabbit Crest Helmet
-Takezo's headband
-Moon Charm Helmet
-Love-Crested Helmet
-Warrior Monk's Hood
-Mountain Ridge Helmet (I know for a fact I never got a drop from any of the seven spears guy but I'm able to forge this)
-Usurper's Helmet
-Trident Vajra Sword Helmet
-Black Goose Helmet
The Tengu Mask drops from Karasu Tengu's.

I'm pretty sure it's the demon horde stuff as I've finished NG+ and exhausted the drop pools for each boss and enemy I have listed. Just need someone who has the demon horde stuff to confirm if the game tracks it and if so, how many pieces of equipment are included in Demon Horde.
I only pre-ordered the base game. I got the Demon Horde and First Samurai armor and I'm able to forge them and I've been able to forge them since unlocking the blacksmith.

User Info: ZipZappy

ZipZappy
3 days ago#104
I'm pretty sure it's the demon horde stuff as I've finished NG+ and exhausted the drop pools for each boss and enemy I have listed. Just need someone who has the demon horde stuff to confirm if the game tracks it and if so, how many pieces of equipment are included in Demon Horde.

1 Demon Horde Weapon for each melee* catagory for a total of 9, 1 piece of armor for 5, and i'm pretty sure first samurai armor is part of the dlc for another 5 but no weapons, grand total of 19 pieces, if everything i listed before is mission rewards, than the dlc stuff is the only difference between yours and my list at a difference of 1.5% completion
(edited 3 days ago)

Death_Master911
3 days ago#105
ZipZappy posted...
1 Demon Horde Weapon for each melee* catagory for a total of 9, 1 piece of armor for 5, and i'm pretty sure first samurai armor is part of the dlc for another 5 but no weapons, grand total of 19 pieces, if everything i listed before is mission rewards, than the dlc stuff is the only difference between yours and my list at a difference of 1.5% completion
Then this means there's more than 281 Smithing Texts or the game just calculates it weirdly, which means the imgur link someone posted earlier is inaccurate. I have the First Samurai Armour for purchasing the special edition. Being that I'm Australian, Demon Horde wasn't a preorder bonus. It's digital only for Australia.
PSN - Kaitsja | Discord - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: ZipZappy

ZipZappy
3 days ago#106
Then this means there's more than 281 Smithing Texts or the game just calculates it weirdly, which means the imgur link someone posted earlier is inaccurate. I have the First Samurai Armour for purchasing the special edition. Being that I'm Australian, Demon Horde wasn't a preorder bonus. It's digital only for Australia.
by my math than, if the dlc is counted as 1 text, than each text should be worth ~1.5%, otherwise each separate item from texts is around .1%? edit: realised i did bad math for what i just deleted
(edited 3 days ago)

Death_Master911
3 days ago#107
ZipZappy posted...
by my math than, if the dlc is counted as 1 text, than each text should be worth ~1.5%, otherwise each separate item from texts is around .1%? edit: realised i did bad math for what i just deleted
I think it calculates a percenatage based on how many items are in the smithing text.
PSN - Kaitsja | Discord - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

Death_Master911
2 days ago#108
Small PSA:
As this is meant to be a Smithing Text Guide, I will not be listing each piece of armour outside of it's set. That will take far too much time. I also won't be doing a sort of checklist. Again, this is a Smithing Text Guide, and as such I see no reason to include the following: Mission reward texts from the first playthrough, consumables/tools, Pre-order bonus/Special Edition Texts, Any equipment you already have in the blacksmith from the beginning of the game.
(edited 2 days ago)

Death_Master911
2 days ago#109
Don_Quixote posted...
Thanks,

Any idea who drops the sword?
No idea. There is this great feature that lets you trade Glory for equipment over in the teahouse though. I recommend giving that a shot after grinding a bunch of Revenants.

Death_Master911
2 days ago#110
Spreadsheet Version is up, see link in google doc version. I'm not creating a new topic, requesting a sticky, unstickying this topic and closing it.

Spreadsheet version includes all the same stuff as before, but also includes alternative missions and region.
I've also opened up comments on it to allow people to list any texts that drop from a different source to what I have listed. Those will be going into the guide at some point.

I'll also be adding any smithing texts coming with the DLC when it drops, so look forward to that.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A