• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2
Same as the original topic but with a fixed link. Google docs is a pain and could stand to be more user-friendly. Request sticky.

I haven't added Usable Item smithing texts because I didn't feel it was necessary, but I have taken the liberty of including skills in my guide. The guide is in the form of a google doc. Link at the bottom.

All of this information comes directly from gameplay. These drops are confirmed. That being said, I'm not a dataminer or anything like that so if you find a smithing text drops from a different enemy to what I have listed in my guide, that means that it's a smithing text that isn't necessarily restricted to a specific enemy.

Unnamed enemies are enemies who aren't your regular enemies but aren't bosses either. They drop smithing texts and appear as a red dot on your compass. They aren't in every mission though. Only select ones like The Two Faces of Hospitality and Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo.

If you're going to grind out smithing texts, please stack item drop rate % gear. Without this, you're not going to get smithing texts. Luck alone will not provide smithing texts either, and it is still unclear how much luck actually affects smithing text drop rates. Also, avoid Equipment Drop Rate % as it does override Item Drop Rate %. There is also a limit to how many smithing texts will drop at one time. A boss can have multiple texts in its drop pool, but only drop two out of however many. Two is not the limit, mind you, it's just an example. I will be making sure the smithing text loot pool from the enemies I've listed is completely exhausted to double-check that everything is correct.

Some texts are what I would call universal because they have multiple drop sources, so don't be surprised if you find certain texts to drop from a different source than what I've listed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XSqxgt69ke6U9somfnvi27mXWJ0_gRgbx7cPcBsnIno/edit
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

User Info: dthomas125

dthomas125
1 week ago#2
Sticky Requested.
China is putting up facial recognition AI cameras in schools to monitor the moods of their students.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 week ago#3
As with the other times. Good luck. Also curious if we know whether or not luck or item drop effect skill drops.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Death_Master911

Death_Master911
1 week ago#4
YoukaiSlayer posted...
As with the other times. Good luck. Also curious if we know whether or not luck or item drop effect skill drops.
Item drop does. Luck also plays a very small part in text drops and skill drops. Average luck is sufficient.
PSN - Kaitsja | XBL Gamertag - Kaitsja | Currently playing Nioh 2 | Tonfa Main | GMT+10 - AUS | Nioh 2 Smithing Text Guide - https://bit.ly/NiohSTG2

User Info: lonnieep

lonnieep
1 week ago#5
Sticky requested!
The official lonnieep of gamefaqs. (b'.')b

User Info: dthomas125

dthomas125
1 week ago#6
Death_Master911 posted...
Some texts are what I would call universal because they have multiple drop sources, so don't be surprised if you find certain texts to drop from a different source than what I've listed.

This was a mistake for them to add these random drops to enemies that drop specific texts. It's really frustrating farming for a specific text and getting some random text that you have no use for.
China is putting up facial recognition AI cameras in schools to monitor the moods of their students.

User Info: Ghannos

Ghannos
1 week ago#7
Sticky requested.

Minor criticism, parentheses after skills for which weapon it is for would be nice, and updated quests, yos***atsu has a duel in point of no return for instance.

Look, I'm not putting the work in, you are. Thanks a BUNCH. Just trying to make your list Perfect, or close as we can get.

Death_Master911
1 week ago#8
Ghannos posted...
Sticky requested.

Minor criticism, parentheses after skills for which weapon it is for would be nice, and updated quests, yos***atsu has a duel in point of no return for instance.

Look, I'm not putting the work in, you are. Thanks a BUNCH. Just trying to make your list Perfect, or close as we can get.
I'll take your feedback into consideration. If I remember to, I'll update it later to include those things.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
1 week ago#9
@Death_Master911 , just wanted to hop in and thank you for your hard work on this front, for all of us :-)

One quick question though - did you guys see how hard they gutted the Swallowtail Set ? I think it was the black armored one from Nioh-1 that was setup almost as an Item Farming one (bonus to Luck and Item Drop Rate, IIRC)- and I used it often when going after Texts from Abyss Hanzo.

Well, I just (randomly ?) got the Hino Rifle smithing text (have no clue where or who from) - and it appears to be a rifle they added to that set (it used to be 6 pieces, now it's a full 7) - and I was able to see they gutted it so its Luck bonuses now only work when you are walking around in "Critical" HP condition - ugh :-(

What would you recommend as the best alternative now, for best overall Item Find / Luck combination ?

Death_Master911
1 week ago#10
AlekTrev006 posted...
@Death_Master911 , just wanted to hop in and thank you for your hard work on this front, for all of us :-)
You're quite welcome.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Smithing Text Guide V.2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A