• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. The Ranged Enthusiast -- Discussion and Research into Ranged Combat in Nioh-2

User Info: dthomas125

dthomas125
3 days ago#31
AlekTrev006 posted...
did you see how much the Flying Bolt % caps out at (or can you estimate), at full Rank-9 Core ? I'm curious if it'd be viable, but it depends on how often it procs, of course.

I have one at SCR8 31.4%

AlekTrev006 posted...
I think the Hatchets "guaranteed infinite ammo" concept is so strong (and freely accessed by anyone) that including them as part of an end-game Ranged build is a solid concept.

Hatchets have been my main weapon so far. I'm not doing a pure ranged build but being able to throw them is a great bonus. I finish enemies all the time with them.

AlekTrev006 posted...
so you actually could mix in something else, if you have some ideas on a good fit :-)

I've been thinking about First Samurai Set (The Protection of Tamura Shrine) 3 pcs (2 with YM) gives you a +30% to Bullseye. That's pretty substantial (although I haven't tested it). The problem is that the set piece are armor only so you couldn't mix it with Yatagarasu so idk, maybe mix it with Saika for extra damage.

China is putting up facial recognition AI cameras in schools to monitor the moods of their students.

dthomas125
3 days ago#32
lPixels posted...
A lot great information in this topic, good stuff!

Just hit 80% untouched ammo today and it’s been silly strong combined with anima charge bonus on ranged hits. Otakemaru Soul Core does some serious damage, and pairs great with rifle/cannon playstyle since it can hit from a long range.

Nice 80% must feel like you never use any rounds, I've been walking around 56% lately and don't have to touch my roaring until I get to the boss fights. Do you know if:

AlekTrev006 posted...
suggest you cannot roll an Unlimited Ninjutsu (and presumably Untouched Ammo) on a Yasakani Magatama

is true? Do you have a Yasakani Magatama and have you tried tempering Untouched Ammo on it?
China is putting up facial recognition AI cameras in schools to monitor the moods of their students.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
3 days ago#33
lPixels posted...
A lot great information in this topic, good stuff!

Just hit 80% untouched ammo today and it’s been silly strong combined with anima charge bonus on ranged hits. Otakemaru Soul Core does some serious damage, and pairs great with rifle/cannon playstyle since it can hit from a long range.

Ah, thanks Pixels ! You honor me with your kind words. Trust me, many - many hours of Ranged "study" and in-game practice with Nioh-1 is behind most of my knowledge on the subject (plus excellent supporting research and help by D_Slayer, Lupinos, and a few others on that forum).

With you at 80% - that's phenomenal, and near what I calculated would be the "end-game" limit at the moment -- till we get Ethereal gear and / or leveling up of Guardian Spirits ! (course, Shadowround wouldn't hurt either-- come on, Team Ninja ! Gimme !)

---

dthomas125 posted...
I have one at SCR8 31.4%

Wow...that's actually quite high / more potent than I would have thought they'd allow. Sounds like it might cap at 33%...so one in 3 hits would "slow them" temporarily (like a Mini-Sloth effect). Not bad, considering it would also combo with your innate Defense Reduction perk from Yatagarsu Set !

---

dthomas125 posted...
I finish enemies all the time with them

I'm about to unlock that "Finish enemies with this particular Active Skill and you get +10% Chance for Item Drop" skill bubble, and I think I'm going to set that to my "Hold Triangle when in High Stance for Power Throw"... to try and finish most enemies off with that. I really am impressed at the "lead off" / first-strike damage you can get with that High Stance charged hurl... True, it sucks 1/2 your Stamina bar, like Simon's Bowblade charged shots in Bloodborne - haha - but the actual damage.... wow ! I'm typically doing anywhere from 1000-1350 with that first hit, on unaware enemies - (with only Region-4 / level-85ish gear / weaponry). Just using charged throws like that, I can typically 5 or 6 "hit" a Yoki demon....and he's utterly helpless as you keep walking back a bit and hammering him with your tosses. Quite satisfying.

---

dthomas125 posted...
I've been thinking about First Samurai Set (The Protection of Tamura Shrine) 3 pcs (2 with YM) gives you a +30% to Bullseye.

Yeah...that's a good point... but the armor...hmm... What I might end up suggesting (in the End Game when all the gear is leveled up / divine - etc) is something like I did in Nioh-1. There, I had a "primary / go-to" of my main Untouched Ammo focused Yatagarasu gear.... and then a "pure rifle damage" version, which tended to be Dragon Ninja actually (D_Slayer found out the Dragon Ninja damage buff was so massive, it tended to outdo even stuff like +30% Matchlock Rifle damage, lol... Team Ninja really LOVES their Ninjas...).

So the same principle might work here...where the "final Damage Focused setup" would be Protection of Tamura, with Divine Saika Clan gear (+Rifle Damage-%'s) ... or you could just lose the 20% Untouched Ammo - and keep all the other Yatagarasu Set bonuses intact, while adding in that appealing 30% Bulls-Eye bonus.

As you say, though, we'd have to do some solid testing to see if the 30% is a "literal" 30%... as sometimes in Nioh-1 the listed %'s for things ended up being somewhat less, in reality, when they went through Enemy Defenses, or scalings for the various Difficulty levels (Strong, Wise, Demon, etc). If it IS an actual 30% flat boost in damage though, that would be extremely useful in Boss fights - where you don't really care about U-Ammo as much, as even 60% U-Ammo value, with 30 Rounds total should be more than enough to reduce any boss to a sizzling, bullet-ridden wreck ;-)~
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: lPixels

lPixels
3 days ago#34
dthomas125 posted...
Nice 80% must feel like you never use any rounds, I've been walking around 56% lately and don't have to touch my roaring until I get to the boss fights. Do you know if:

is true? Do you have a Yasakani Magatama and have you tried tempering Untouched Ammo on it?
It does feel that way! I usually don’t even need to visit the bazaar anymore if I remember to fill up at the blacksmith before missions.

Not sure about Yasakani, but I’m anxious to find out and should have one tonight or tomorrow. I’ve been using temporary accessories with untouched ammo rolls. If it can’t roll on Yasakani, I’ll probably still wear it with Toshiie’s Abacus (faster movement enemy killed 90%) then a piece of Saika armor for more rifle damage.

PSN ID: aQualityBuild

User Info: lPixels

lPixels
3 days ago#35
Just got a Yasakani, and untouched ammo can be rolled as well as untouched onmyo, just not untouched ninjutsu. Yay!
PSN ID: aQualityBuild

dthomas125
3 days ago#36
lPixels posted...
Just got a Yasakani, and untouched ammo can be rolled as well as untouched onmyo, just not untouched ninjutsu. Yay!

Very nice! That's great to know.

dthomas125
3 days ago#37
AlekTrev006 posted...
What I observed is that the Ranged Hits = Defense reduction, granted (56% chance with my level of gear) from the Yatagarasu Set, seems rather strong (not Weakness spell strong, but still noticeable).

I tested this on Saika Magoichi while farming armor to trade in for roaring gun ammo. Using Martial Artist's Hatchets Atk 945, Onmyo MP 303. I also used a lightning talisman to test elemental damage as well.

No weakness of any kind: 475+4, 494+4, 533+4
Weakness from Talisman: 613+4, 639+4, 664+4
Weakness from Rifleshot: 613+4, 639+4, 664+4

Looks like at 303 Onmyo MP they are identical. Maybe the weakness from the rifle scales with the characters Onmyo MP???

AlekTrev006 posted...
I think the Hatchets "guaranteed infinite ammo" concept is so strong (and freely accessed by anyone) that including them as part of an end-game Ranged build is a solid concept.

Yea I'm starting to do some great damage with the hatchet throw. I'm hitting 1700s on aggro'd yokai and hit for 2443 on a unaware human last night. Good times.

User Info: AlekTrev006

AlekTrev006
3 days ago#38
lPixels posted...

Oh most wonderful ! I think it was Fightin' Cowboy on YT or maybe PWAR on an early video who simply presumed you might not be able to roll Untouched's on a Yasakani, as they were having all sorts of trouble getting U-Ninjutsu to pop up as an option on theirs. But if you can get them - that's great, and of course we'll include a Yasakani in the End Game setup :-)

---

dthomas125 posted...
I tested this on Saika Magoichi while farming armor to trade in for roaring gun ammo. Using Martial Artist's Hatchets Atk 945, Onmyo MP 303. I also used a lightning talisman to test elemental damage as well.

No weakness of any kind: 475+4, 494+4, 533+4
Weakness from Talisman: 613+4, 639+4, 664+4
Weakness from Rifleshot: 613+4, 639+4, 664+4

That's excellent testing, Thomas (Yatagarasu crows happily, in approval).

To actually think it performs as powerfully as "actual" Weakness is a Huge boost in how it worked in Nioh-1 (where the "this works on Ranged Hits" - effects always were "weaker" than the "proper spell" versions).

I remembered that I wanted to note the actual Duration of this effect is really surprising too. Testing on a random wandering Yoki on the Twilight Forge / Enenra mission, I shot him once with the Rifle and the effect triggered.... and I swear it lasted for nearly 30-seconds (certainly over 20). Now, Boss resistances and higher difficulties might reduce this time, of course, but the fact that it triggers so easily (over 55% chance with even a low-level Yataga Set), means that you can theoretically rack up some crazy damage with Rifle Speed UP and a steady aim -- once the reduced Defense is in place !

-----

dthomas125 posted...
Yea I'm starting to do some great damage with the hatchet throw. I'm hitting 1700s on aggro'd yokai and hit for 2443 on a unaware human last night. Good times.

That's great - very impressive. One thing I'd like us to test formally, at some point, is the actual difference in damage from the varous Throw Stances...

For example... Low Stance normal throw // Low Stance charged throw // Low Stance fully-charged throw
--- and ditto for the Medium and High variants.

Though it's obvious, the High Stance "fully-charged up" Throw seems to always do the most damage out of em', but I'm actually wondering what the % difference is with all these moves, when comparing them to each other.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: GrimThis

GrimThis
3 days ago#39
How do you feel about auto target weak point?? If used properly, i think it works really good in the heat of battle; particularly on human bosses. Could be more of an incentive to use that 30% close range damage boost clan.

Also i didn't realize ranking up in clans boosted their benifits. Derp.

Edit: there's also some new ninjitsu stuff you might like. Eagle eye, and poison and stun arrows.
(edited 3 days ago)

dthomas125
3 days ago#40
GrimThis posted...
How do you feel about auto target weak point??

I free aim the majority of my shots so I don't find it that useful. And honestly if a target is moving you have to "lead" it anyway so it won't really help much in that regard.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. The Ranged Enthusiast -- Discussion and Research into Ranged Combat in Nioh-2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A