• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Weapon tier list?

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 year ago#31
With Nioh, all the weapons were viable and fun - and since each had their own strengths and weaknesses - everything was pretty balanced.

I didn't use the glaive it hatchets in the last chance demo - but I did in both the alpha and beta.

As far as I can tell - the weapons are all, once again, pretty balanced. The only weapon I find harder to use than the others is the hatchets - but again, I didn't use them in the last chance demo. In the alpha/beta, I had trouble using the hatchet's skills against kamaitachi and yatsu-no-kami, being forced to rely on the basic combos only - which made them not as good as the other weapons for me...

But I think this may have just been my inability to get used to them well enough to use them effectively against the quicker bosses. Perhaps they would have been much better had I used more burst counters - which I didn't really use in the first two demos but got more accustomed to in the last chance demo.

So, truly, I think the best and worst weapons really depend on the individual playstyles and they are all pretty balanced.

That said - one thing the last chance demo did show me is that when I get stuck; I need my kusarigama.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
1 year ago#32
Lupinos posted...
With Nioh, all the weapons were viable and fun - and since each had their own strengths and weaknesses - everything was pretty balanced.

I didn't use the glaive it hatchets in the last chance demo - but I did in both the alpha and beta.

As far as I can tell - the weapons are all, once again, pretty balanced. The only weapon I find harder to use than the others is the hatchets - but again, I didn't use them in the last chance demo. In the alpha/beta, I had trouble using the hatchet's skills against kamaitachi and yatsu-no-kami, being forced to rely on the basic combos only - which made them not as good as the other weapons for me...

But I think this may have just been my inability to get used to them well enough to use them effectively against the quicker bosses. Perhaps they would have been much better had I used more burst counters - which I didn't really use in the first two demos but got more accustomed to in the last chance demo.

So, truly, I think the best and worst weapons really depend on the individual playstyles and they are all pretty balanced.

That said - one thing the last chance demo did show me is that when I get stuck; I need my kusarigama.

Is it just your most familiar weapon? Or were you using a character who's stats you just primarily dumped into Dex? I was a Dex build in my Last Chance trial, but was using tonfas. Their damage was poor, since they don't scale amazingly with dex. But when I swapped to the Kusa, it was dealing obscene damage...since it scales so well with Dex lol.

User Info: LionHartZero

LionHartZero
1 year ago#33
Seemed like i was ticklin’ them with my Tonfas too....

...why’d that not sound right?
BloodBorne: OoK, 29. Me, 1. ...and I'm never coming back again

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 year ago#34
xAlphazonex posted...
Is it just your most familiar weapon? Or were you using a character who's stats you just primarily dumped into Dex? I was a Dex build in my Last Chance trial, but was using tonfas. Their damage was poor, since they don't scale amazingly with dex. But when I swapped to the Kusa, it was dealing obscene damage...since it scales so well with Dex lol.
I'm familiar with all the weapons - I have 8 characters in Nioh. But I was determined to beat Ryomen Sakuna without burst counters on my first time - and I needed the kusarigama for the ki damage. I did eventually get it - although right at the end I had to use a couple burst counters.

But the other weapons I was using didn't attack max ki well enough - I needed kusa high stance to be effective at slapping the ki out if him. Katana usually got his ki, but since I was avoiding burst counters and he always summons yokai realm after burst attacks - it wasn't doing enough to his maximum ki and I was just spinning my wheels.

I don't know if I'll try without burst counters the first time I kill bosses or when I come back afterwards - but I liked the challenge. Figuring out how to be aggressive without the counters was the key to killing him. And for that - I needed the kusarigama.

Then again - most the weapons had skills that were unavailable until after that mission or the solo battle; so maybe I just couldn't unlock the skills I needed.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Weapon tier list?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A