• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dark realm is so dumb

User Info: mashu

mashu
1 week ago#11
Lupinos posted...
Or you aren't doing it right.

I'm finding it a lot of fun.

Try purifying the Yokai realm pools with ki pulses - this will put your ki recovery back to normal for a short time - AND it gives you anima for yokai skills.

Barrier talisman and sacred water are also pretty great - both increase ki recovery; use them when they inflict dark realm and you won't have much issue.

Of course, barrier has the added benefit of purifying pools for you - meaning you can have ki recovery I'm the dark realm that is even better than your ki recovery outside of it.

Seems like pretty good game design to me. It's meant to force you to use more yokai skills and plan your attacks more carefully, but you are given the tools to be able to overcome it without doing that.

Seriously - work on purifying and if that isn't enough, get some sacred water (you can buy it in the kodama bazaar) or barrier talisman.

There's also the samurai skills and an onmyo skill related to better ki regen in the Dark Realm.

I think the Dark Realm is fantastic. It's really cool and fits the theme of the game. I wasn't having too much issue before I did all of the above, but I did notice it's effects. As I started doing some of the above it became a lot better. All characters can get enough resistance from just the samurai skills to make the Dark Realm workable. It's then your choice to invest more in it or not. In co op it's great too because you can bring a Shrine Maiden, who, if they built their character that way, have decrees and can give all members Barrier, Protection etc, Rejuvination, so you don't have to spec for it. That's how my character is built. As a healer in most co op games I love it. Or, the game makes it easy to get Onmyo skill points. Cast a few things and you can pretty easily get Barrier after 3-4 skill points (can't remember - the game isn't in front of me atm) and bring it yourself. A couple points invested into Magic (or possibly none even) and you could at least bring two of them.

The game presents a ton of options to deal with it to the degree you wish. Good game design imho. Not a big deal unless you are low level and just starting out. The Dark Realm is more challenging at that point, but as you level you can choose to buffer against it or not, the degree to which your ability to manage ki requires.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
1 week ago#12
The glories of seeing someone I have tagged as "Nioh whiner" complaining about Nioh 2 are truly incomparable.
Look, i can name a few instances in MY life where i tried to reach mutual understanding
and i can TELL you, always faster and easier to just kill em. Just is!

User Info: chaos5055

chaos5055
1 week ago#13
For what the game offers its really not even that debilitating. I actually think the dark realm areas in-level were pretty cool. It forces you to try out the new mechanics they added to the game, that or just complain about it because you didn't get the hint. So I think it was smart, otherwise players probably wouldn't even bother with the soul cores and anima usage and whatnot.

User Info: Bertiekins

Bertiekins
1 week ago#14
I want an honest opinion on whether the game is better than the first. After chapter 1 the first game became really repetitive especially with fighting the same enemies over and over. I really want to give this game a chance

User Info: Sens-Hangar_18

Sens-Hangar_18
1 week ago#15
Bertiekins posted...
I want an honest opinion on whether the game is better than the first. After chapter 1 the first game became really repetitive especially with fighting the same enemies over and over. I really want to give this game a chance

It's quite literally Nioh 1.5

It's the same game with some UI changes, and a fresh new paint of graphics. The only standout for me is the new weapons but I feel like they could've just all added on to nioh 1 through a patch and nobody would notice the difference
Hardest man on gameFAQs

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
1 week ago#16
Raeng posted...
> Yokai shift an abilities aren't good enough
https://twitter.com/tjorb1/status/1191466662274441218

How did you spam Yokai skills over and over in Yokai mode?

For me there's an invisible cooldown
no matter whether I dodge, hit, or absorb amrita with triangle.

mashu
1 week ago#17
Bertiekins posted...

Well two things:

1. Can't say if Nioh 2 is better than the first as it's obviously not out yet - but - based on the demo I'd emphatically say yes. Obviously imho. All of the new mechanics are great additions. It's more complex with more options in play. A couple new weapons. More yokai and enemy variation and most of us have only seen what 2 levels in the beta shows (three if you include the Twilight version and then there's Maeda). One assumes more enemies. The level design is markedly better. Everything has further polish.

2. Loved the first game, myself. It sounds like you didn't - at least not as much as me - so it should be pretty easy for you to download the Nioh 2 beta and see for yourself, yeah? The first game wasn't terribly repetitive to me. Could it have used more enemies? Sure. What game couldn't. It was a little sparse in that regard, but offered so much in terms of mechanics, loot, builds, that it quickly surpassed anything else in my book, including the Soulsborne games - and I like Nioh 2 much more from what I have seen. Ymmv obviously.

mashu
1 week ago#18
VegaGG posted...
Raeng posted...
> Yokai shift an abilities aren't good enough
https://twitter.com/tjorb1/status/1191466662274441218

How did you spam Yokai skills over and over in Yokai mode?

For me there's an invisible cooldown
no matter whether I dodge, hit, or absorb amrita with triangle.

I also wish to know. For Science.

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 week ago#19
Holy smokes, that video was dope.

Just straight spammed ippon-datara.

Did you have to be in yokai shift while in dark realm? I'm going to have to explore such options. I wonder if other cores would work like that with the shiftling passives...
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: Burgerunit

Burgerunit
1 week ago#20
The dark realm is this games version of the poison swamp level from every souls game. Except now it’s a advertised feature. smh.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dark realm is so dumb
  • Post New Message