• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dark realm is so dumb

User Info: Sens-Hangar_18

Sens-Hangar_18
3 days ago#1
No point in even fighting in it. Especially during the boss fight where it's just a stall until everything is back to normal, terrible design.
Hardest man on gameFAQs

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
3 days ago#2
Or you aren't doing it right.

I'm finding it a lot of fun.

Try purifying the Yokai realm pools with ki pulses - this will put your ki recovery back to normal for a short time - AND it gives you anima for yokai skills.

Barrier talisman and sacred water are also pretty great - both increase ki recovery; use them when they inflict dark realm and you won't have much issue.

Of course, barrier has the added benefit of purifying pools for you - meaning you can have ki recovery I'm the dark realm that is even better than your ki recovery outside of it.

Seems like pretty good game design to me. It's meant to force you to use more yokai skills and plan your attacks more carefully, but you are given the tools to be able to overcome it without doing that.

Seriously - work on purifying and if that isn't enough, get some sacred water (you can buy it in the kodama bazaar) or barrier talisman.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 days ago#3
Lupinos posted...
Or you aren't doing it right.

I'm finding it a lot of fun.

Try purifying the Yokai realm pools with ki pulses - this will put your ki recovery back to normal for a short time - AND it gives you anima for yokai skills.

Barrier talisman and sacred water are also pretty great - both increase ki recovery; use them when they inflict dark realm and you won't have much issue.

Of course, barrier has the added benefit of purifying pools for you - meaning you can have ki recovery I'm the dark realm that is even better than your ki recovery outside of it.

Seems like pretty good game design to me. It's meant to force you to use more yokai skills and plan your attacks more carefully, but you are given the tools to be able to overcome it without doing that.

Seriously - work on purifying and if that isn't enough, get some sacred water (you can buy it in the kodama bazaar) or barrier talisman.

Dependence on limited items, a lack of things to purify... Good game design.

Thank God most people are complaining about it and giving the devs appropriate feedback.

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
3 days ago#4
DarkSymbiote posted...

Thank God most people are complaining about it and giving the devs appropriate feedback.

Ok, "limited" items (you'll eventually be able to get loads of them, potentially unlimited) aren't good enough for you?

Try Yokai Core abilities. These are upgraded in the Dark Realm, and several of them are good at smacking around the boss's Ki bar, which, in case you didn't know, forces the boss out of Dark Realm if you break his Ki. Additionally, these can be used while you are out of Ki, basically making them exceptionally useful for getting out of binds or recovering from running out of Ki, and you generate extra Anima in the Dark Realm to fuel them.

Try Yokai Shifts. These will let you wail on the boss. Might not be as strong as Living Weapon was, but it's way better than nothing. Also usable when out of Ki, making it a get out of death free card.

Try looking at the Shiftling and Omnyo trees. Both have easy to reach *PASSIVE* skills that enhance your ability to resist other realms. Omnyo gets +10 resist to other realms, and Shiftling gets up to 30% reduction in ki penalty while in Yokai / Dark Realm. Both are very early on in their respective trees, and are always active, so anyone can pick it up.

Try Ki Flux. Get used to tapping the button to recover a large portion of your used Ki after every combo. Reduced ki generation does nothing if you keep recovering your lost Ki anyway.

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
3 days ago#5
Hezzara posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Ok, "limited" items (you'll eventually be able to get loads of them, potentially unlimited) aren't good enough for you?

Try Yokai Core abilities. These are upgraded in the Dark Realm, and several of them are good at smacking around the boss's Ki bar, which, in case you didn't know, forces the boss out of Dark Realm if you break his Ki. Additionally, these can be used while you are out of Ki, basically making them exceptionally useful for getting out of binds or recovering from running out of Ki, and you generate extra Anima in the Dark Realm to fuel them.

Try Yokai Shifts. These will let you wail on the boss. Might not be as strong as Living Weapon was, but it's way better than nothing. Also usable when out of Ki, making it a get out of death free card.

Try looking at the Shiftling and Omnyo trees. Both have easy to reach *PASSIVE* skills that enhance your ability to resist other realms. Omnyo gets +10 resist to other realms, and Shiftling gets up to 30% reduction in ki penalty while in Yokai / Dark Realm. Both are very early on in their respective trees, and are always active, so anyone can pick it up.

Try Ki Flux. Get used to tapping the button to recover a large portion of your used Ki after every combo. Reduced ki generation does nothing if you keep recovering your lost Ki anyway.

>Yokai core and yokai shift.

They aren't good enough.

>Try Omnyo.

My character wasn't specializing in that department.

> Ki flux.

Have always done that. Ki lost for dodging isn't recovered.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Killmoves37

Killmoves37
3 days ago#6
The yokai shift skills alone were enough for me to almost completely negate the dark realms though. When I fought the snake boss he went into the dark realm for all of 10-15 seconds before I drained his ki. I didnt even think to use my yokai core abilities, so it's gonna be even easier in the future.

The tools are there to deal with the dark realm. Going through a list of them and saying "nuh uh, I dont like this one" doesnt mean they arent effective. You're just digging your heels in the ground out of spite.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 days ago#7
> Yokai shift an abilities aren't good enough
https://twitter.com/tjorb1/status/1191466662274441218

Obviously overpowered tech aside, Shift isn't fantastic I agree. But the abilities are really fantastic, especially HammerBro. If you have the meter you can do some really sick stuff.

>No point in even fighting in it.

The game offers the Shinto/Maiden set that gives infinite Sacred Water 35% as its first bonus, so there's that. Use that Sacred Water. Or any of the known Omnyo spells. Be prepared. You can get Omnyo points and Ninjutsu points so much easier in this game, it's ridiculous. They really want you to deck yourself out.

>stall
You can also prevent them for happening. The second boss will only activate the dark realm if you don't cut his snakes iirc.

Generally speaking, adapt to the new mechanics. OLTO has a pretty good showcase of the bosses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI9LtVhgdCk
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: AfroPrime

AfroPrime
3 days ago#8
It's pretty clear they want you using Yokai Cores in the dark realm considering how much amina you gain as the trade off. Honestly feels the same as yokai realm. Hammer Bro is also pretty overtuned right now.

There's plenty of stuff in the demo to get your ki regen up if that's what's really bothering you.
I have to agree that if you're not playing the mechanic properly giving feedback that it's "bad design" isn't gonna be all that useful to them.

Also, just play tonfa.
Waifu culture is cancer.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: VioletGekko

VioletGekko
3 days ago#9
Hammerbro need a nerf or other need to be buffed to his level.

You don't need to invest into omnyo to make it work. Hell, you gain omnyo level faster in here than Nioh 1.

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
3 days ago#10
DarkSymbiote posted...
>Yokai core and yokai shift.

They aren't good enough.

>Try Omnyo.

My character wasn't specializing in that department.

> Ki flux.

Have always done that. Ki lost for dodging isn't recovered.

Yokai Shift isn't great right now, yes, but it's still very useful. If you think Yokai abilities aren't good, though, you are using them wrong. Ok so yeah some DO suck, but there's several that are very useful. Use them to compliment your melee, don't rely entirely on it.

Reread what I said about omnyo. Literally any build can use the passive I listed. Omnyo skill points can be earned by finding Omnyo Locks consumables, or by using Fire Talisman type items. 2 or 3 points gets you +10 resist to dark realm. That's it. No magic investment needed, barely any work to earn, and its passive so its always active.

The other passive I mentioned isn't even in Omnyo. Its in Shiftling, which you you earn points for by collecting soul cores. 4 points needed. One point to gain access to it, 3 points into the passive itself. It is, again, always active, and reduces the penalty for being in the dark realm by 30%. Combine both those passives and dark realm becomes so much more manageable.

You can't ki flux dodges, no, but you should always flux ki spent on attacks, as ki management is important in dark realm. You also get bonuses for perfect ki flux with the right investment of Samurai skill points. Low stance bonus reduces the ki cost of your next dodge by 100%. Mid stance reduces the ki cost of the next block by 100%. Another skill will greatly increase ki regen whenever you purify a yokai cloud with a perfect flux. And yes, both bosses in the beta creates these zones, even in the dark realm phase.

You have the tools to deal with the dark realm. It's up to you to use them. All of the skills I listed are also found very early in their trees, with literally no stat investment required to access or use
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. Dark realm is so dumb
  • Post New Message