• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. About yokai realm and yokai attacks

User Info: zavius2

zavius2
1 week ago#1
What do you need to activate the yokai attacks (R2+square/circle) and how do you acquire them?

Does yokai realm really increase the duration of yokai shift?

What are the effects of yokai realm that you know?

User Info: eaglei3

eaglei3
1 week ago#2
The Yokai Abilities are acquired through Soul Cores that are random drops. You can attune these cores to your guardian spirit in order to equip and use them. Note that cores have a cost element to them, so you are limited on what cores can go together, atleast in the Beta. No telling what the main game might allow for cost limitations.

I haven't heard of the Yokai realm increasing Yokai shift duration. Yokai realm reduces your ki restoration as long as you stand in them. I believe it provides a stat boost to enemies inside of it as well. I prefer removing them with ki pulses as I find them more of a negative thing to let stick around.

The Dark Realm, also slows your ki regeneration. However, your anima bar recovers much more easier here allowing you to recharge your bar to cast yokai abilities much faster. This realm also provides some enemy stat boosts and allows enemies to cast enhanced abilities while inside.

zavius2
1 week ago#3
I was confusing yokai realm and dark realm.

So to perform the yokai ability you use anima? I thought it was only for the burst counter.

User Info: A5modeu5

A5modeu5
1 week ago#4
zavius2 posted...
I was confusing yokai realm and dark realm.

So to perform the yokai ability you use anima? I thought it was only for the burst counter.

You use anima for yokai attacks and the counter.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 week ago#5
The burst counter (R1+O) uses one bar of anima, yokai skills (R1+Triangle/square) use more - how much they use is listed when attuning the soul core to the spirit. Kamaitachi skill is 10, magatsu is 9, Enki is 5, etc.

You gain anima by dealing/taking damage. You gain it faster in the dark realm.

For decent ki recovery in dark realm, purify yokai realm pools and/or use barrier talisman or sacred water.

Cores drop randomly from defeated enemies, but the enemies generating dark realm and bosses are guaranteed drops.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

zavius2
1 week ago#6
Do you gain anima by dealing damage using yokai skills as well?

User Info: ZetaStriker

ZetaStriker
1 week ago#7
zavius2 posted...
Do you gain anima by dealing damage using yokai skills as well?

Only in the sense that there are abilities that refund some of the anima used. One makes it so you regain a set amount of anima when using a Yokai Ability while standing in Yokai Realm pool, and it absorbs the pool while you're at it. Another refunds a percentage of the anima cost if the Yokai Ability matches the color/type of your Yokai Shift form.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. About yokai realm and yokai attacks
  • Post New Message