• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. You can beat the second boss without it ever activating Yokai realm?
Lemonsulk posted...
Element_Pearl posted...
It's almost like you need to change your strategy organically depending on what the boss is doing at that exact moment.

What a strange way to say absolutely nothing.

I mean it pretty clearly says that you need to adapt your strategy to bosses, not use the same strategy for every single boss.
PSN: DemonLordSparda

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 week ago#22
I have had the snake use a grab then immediately follow up with the dark realm. Less than 30 seconds into the fight.

SpardaStonerule posted...
It was fun being disgustingly OP, but using the right tool for the right situation is also pretty fun.

Not when it basically removes player choice. I shouldn't have to use the skill they want me to use every time just to reliably avoid the something like the snake wiggle attack.

That said, I did pretty much finally figure out a strategy that works against the snake most of the time without having to try to brute force it. Only annoying part is dealing with the little snakes in the dark realm without being blind-sided by the boss.

Also, didn't the bow use to have a quickshot if you were locked onto an enemy, whatever happened to that?
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Lemonsulk

Lemonsulk
1 week ago#23
SpardaStonerule posted...
I mean it pretty clearly says that you need to adapt your strategy to bosses, not use the same strategy for every single boss.

Do you even have a clue wtf you're talking about?
Lvl 99 Death Knight Bunny Rabbit
https://i.imgur.com/dAPoerP.jpg

User Info: eaglei3

eaglei3
1 week ago#24
Only thing I wish about that boss is that you could actually lock-on to the arms.

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
1 week ago#25
vegafoo posted...
Video is neat and all, but his snake stands around and lets him chop arms. Mine did 5 grabs in a row.

But I will admit that I don’t really know how the core stuff works, so maybe i’m just playing wrong.

Switchglaive is amazing at killing the arms. I go high stance, run around it *without locking on since its easier to aim at the arms unlocked*, 1-2 swings and an arm is dead, and since high stance is pretty much all vertical swings, it's very hard to actually miss the things. Do a quick block if the boss ever decides to attack (doesn't matter if you end up at 0 ki unless he's doing his punching attacks, as he otherwise never combos his attacks), or dodge if he tries to grab you or shoves his snakes into the dirt.

Should be noted, the boss gets staggered every time an arm dies, *and this includes when the arms are not attached to its body in the Dark Realm*. Basically speaking, you can risk it if you know you'll kill the arm, because you'll stagger whatever attack it tries to do.

User Info: Blufield

Blufield
1 week ago#26
I had one fight where he grabbed me 4-5 times in a row in quick succession. Just kept trying until he didn't use it.

User Info: NSROXASXION

NSROXASXION
1 week ago#27
eaglei3 posted...
Only thing I wish about that boss is that you could actually lock-on to the arms.

Quick note, you actually can, you can target head, body or arms in this one, just need to move the right stick as if you're targeting another enemy.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. You can beat the second boss without it ever activating Yokai realm?
  • Post New Message