• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. The Dark Yokai realm is bad game design

User Info: katastrophie

katastrophie
1 week ago#61
Nioh is an RPG with tons of options, utilize them, don't ignore mechanics of the game and blame the game for it. There are plenty of ways to deal with the situations given, get some better loot, use magic/ninjutsu, use items, get a some more skills in the skill tree, actually read the skills and understand what they do.

User Info: zavius2

zavius2
1 week ago#62
alchemy60 posted...

zavius2 posted...
I managed to instantly force the Kamaitachi boss to end the yokai realm as soon as it starts by attacking it using the dual katana's water sword skill using the yokai dual katana. I didn't see the sentience bar when I did it but I think my dual katana was on full sentience when I did it.

I haven't faced any other boss beside the Kamaitachi but I'm guessing other bosses have this very long animation of just standing still that you can exploit when they are creating yokai realm.
I wouldn't expect other bosses to have this animation, this seems like a coding error on TN with Kamaitachi. My issue with the boss is there's not enough time to get attacks off before he 1-2 shots you and at that point in the game you have little to no heals.

No, you misunderstand me. It's not a coding error. When Kamaitachi is creating the yokai realm, the animation is howling for about 5 seconds on the same spot. I watched YouTube videos on Yatsu no Kami and it similarly just stays in one place for a few seconds admittedly with seemingly shorter animation length.

User Info: alchemy60

alchemy60
1 week ago#63
I didn't misunderstand you I'm saying it's a coding mistake by team ninja, where this shouldn't be happening at all. Howling for 5 seconds on the same spot is not intentional, as opposed to Yatsu-No-Kami where the animation length was less.

Luckily this is a beta so this should hopefully be fixed by the time the full game releases but yea it's definitely a mistake or something to be addressed regardless.
PSN: StealthBlade98
Youtube channel: jagr06
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
1 week ago#64
My biggest issue with it is how it changes the colors of the game, its just annoying. I can live with being nerfed while in it but ffs its annoying to just be in much of the time for me because it looks weird.

User Info: Aurkus23

Aurkus23
1 week ago#65
i kinda like the Dark Realms. When you step past that barrier and your screen colors change, you know you have to be on your guard. I see it and know I'm gonna fight something strong and be rewarded with a Soul Core or treasure(could be better more valuable loot). If things get bad there generally tend to be some helpful graves around that can run distraction.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mikeugame

Mikeugame
1 week ago#66
Your not forced to fight in the darkrealm, if you cant handle it pass it. Theres paths that lets you skip it so if you dont have skills and balls for it.
"PLAY BEAT PLATINUM"

User Info: Lupinos

Lupinos
1 week ago#67
I don't find the weasel to howl for any longer than Kyuubi did. That's your chance the pop a barrier talisman. Or Chug a Sacred Water. Or reapply quick change because it doesn't last very long at all.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, while expecting different results. (As defined by Einstein)
Maybe we're all a little crazy.

User Info: onedarksoul

onedarksoul
1 week ago#68
Aurkus23 posted...
i kinda like the Dark Realms. When you step past that barrier and your screen colors change, you know you have to be on your guard. I see it and know I'm gonna fight something strong and be rewarded with a Soul Core or treasure(could be better more valuable loot). If things get bad there generally tend to be some helpful graves around that can run distraction.

Mikeugame posted...
Your not forced to fight in the darkrealm, if you cant handle it pass it. Theres paths that lets you skip it so if you dont have skills and balls for it.
Before I thought they were the same due to similar effects but now I don't think thats the dark realm. I think thats the yokai realm. Bosses summon the dark realm I believe. I gathered this from reading the descriptions in the shiftling skills tree, which has two separate skills for gaining 15% quicker ki recovery in both the yokai realm and dark realm. The game must treat them differently if there are separate skills with separate effects.

User Info: vexermaster

vexermaster
1 week ago#69
onedarksoul posted...
Aurkus23 posted...

Mikeugame posted...
Before I thought they were the same due to similar effects but now I don't think thats the dark realm. I think thats the yokai realm. Bosses summon the dark realm I believe. I gathered this from reading the descriptions in the shiftling skills tree, which has two separate skills for gaining 15% quicker ki recovery in both the yokai realm and dark realm. The game must treat them differently if there are separate skills with separate effects.

I just put points into both because I wasn't sure. It helped a lot against the bosses.
Ohhh, Elden Ring

User Info: Lamiasmile

Lamiasmile
1 week ago#70
onedarksoul posted...

Dark realm are areas where the screen color changes and the Yokai realm are the small grey pools that appear during some attacks
  1. Boards
  2. Nioh 2
  3. The Dark Yokai realm is bad game design
  • Post New Message