• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. So how so you play this game with a "Stand your ground" mentality?

User Info: Foxhound3857

Foxhound3857
4 weeks ago#1
I don't like running around like a headless chicken around the entire map or constantly having to keep moving. My style of play is defensive, find a good chokepoint or terrain where I can make a stand, and let the demons come to me. I prefer stationary to mobile combat.

How do I make that style of play work in this game, particularly for Ultra Violence/Extra Lives Mode?
And you will all live to grow and thrive and lead happy lives...
...until old age take you back to the weeds.

User Info: crazyswords

crazyswords
4 weeks ago#2
Not the game for you.
When you walk through the garden, you better watch your back.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
4 weeks ago#3
no i play the game with a "kill them before they kill you" and a "kill them all" mentality

and you have to keep moving or you are dead especially in higher difficulties

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
4 weeks ago#4
Yeah, enemies in this game move too quickly and are too aggressive for you to stay in one place and not be immediately overwhelmed and obliterated (heck that can happen pretty easily even if you are charging around the place like an angry freight train, especially on higher difficulties).

The game's incredibly fun if you meet it on its own terms and play like the hyper-mobile, hyper-aggressive demon slayer Doomguy is supposed to be though so I do recommend giving it a try even if this style of play isn't your normal wheelhouse.
Not buying a single Activision Blizzard or Ubisoft game again until they've kicked out the abusers and execs who enabled them. No-one should suffer for my fun.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. So how so you play this game with a "Stand your ground" mentality?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A