• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Anyone play multiplayer?
highflyin10 5 months ago#1
Eyeing up this game but seems like multiplayer may be a bit dead. Bit of a trophy junky though so hate buying games where I will never be able to get all the trophies (hence typically keep away from games with grindy horrible mp trophies on dead games if I’m on the fence about a game already)

this game does look fun though and it’s the right price so even if I could still always find a game that could sway me towards buying.

Thanks!
Xbox Gamer Tag-Rugal
Robin_Mask 5 months ago#2
At this point in time, I doubt there are even a handful of people playing the worst online mode of all time. It has terrible grind for achievements on it.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: Sekiro>RE2/RE3=DMCV>Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=BB>Doom>T7>Nioh
Delta123456789 5 months ago#3
You occasionnally see posts on people looking for partners to trophy farm in multiplayer so imagine you could probably find other people for that if you really wanted the full set, though I personally wouldn't recommend it seeing as multiplayer isn't that amazing. It's not terrible but it's very different from the main game and isn't really what most people were looking for in a Doom game (two demon players have to work cooperatively, deny the Slayer opponent health and ammo and use some RTS-style abilities, when the main game is just "shoot things with gun").

The single-player is bloody amazing though so I'd definitely consider setting aside your trophy hunting on this occasion.
Not buying a single Activision Blizzard or Ubisoft game again until they've kicked out the abusers and execs who enabled them. No-one should suffer for my fun.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Anyone play multiplayer?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A