• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Bring back monster infighting

User Info: limp-bizkit-89

limp-bizkit-89
3 months ago#1
Even better, add a game feature where you can spawn monsters and make them fight in the gladiator’s arena.

imagine being able to find out just how many barons can kill a cyber demon , and how many cyber demons can kill a hunter
Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin (yeah!)

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
3 months ago#2
Their heads are too far up their own asses to have actual infighting in the game.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: Sekiro>RE2/RE3=DMCV>Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=BB>Doom>T7>Nioh

limp-bizkit-89
3 months ago#3
Robin_Mask posted...
Their heads are too far up their own asses to have actual infighting in the game.

:(

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
3 months ago#4
While it might be amusing the first couple of times I feel like the novelty of watching a pair of demons stand shooting each other until one dies would wear off fairly quickly. Demon AI isn't that smart so you wouldn't see them dodging or using cover, they'd just run into melee/projectile range and swing/blast away repeatedly.

Sure infighting is a thing lorewise but you can always justify its absense as "demons perceive the Slayer as a bigger threat and ignore anything else when he's around".
Not buying a single Activision Blizzard or Ubisoft game again until they've kicked out the abusers and execs who enabled them. No-one should suffer for my fun.

limp-bizkit-89
3 months ago#5
Delta123456789 posted...
While it might be amusing the first couple of times I feel like the novelty of watching a pair of demons stand shooting each other until one dies would wear off fairly quickly. Demon AI isn't that smart so you wouldn't see them dodging or using cover, they'd just run into melee/projectile range and swing/blast away repeatedly.

Sure infighting is a thing lorewise but you can always justify its absense as "demons perceive the Slayer as a bigger threat and ignore anything else when he's around".

infighting was a legit strategy in older DOOM
games. Why waste ammo when you can make them fight?

Robin_Mask
3 months ago#6
limp-bizkit-89 posted...
infighting was a legit strategy in older DOOM
games. Why waste ammo when you can make them fight?
I don't think Delta knows enough to realize that infighting was one great way to finish levels and conserve ammo.

limp-bizkit-89
3 months ago#7
Robin_Mask posted...
I don't think Delta knows enough to realize that infighting was one great way to finish levels and conserve ammo.

and it was so much fun too! “I’m going to make this spider and cyber demon fight, weeee!”

Robin_Mask
3 months ago#8
limp-bizkit-89 posted...
and it was so much fun too! “I’m going to make this spider and cyber demon fight, weeee!”
Yep, amazing mechanic. It's terrible they did a fake version of it in this game.

limp-bizkit-89
3 months ago#9
Robin_Mask posted...
Yep, amazing mechanic. It's terrible they did a fake version of it in this game.

they went as far as to script infighting, which is worse because you get all excited until you realize the cyber demon has hit the zombie human 10 times already and nothing happens 🤬

Robin_Mask
3 months ago#10
limp-bizkit-89 posted...
they went as far as to script infighting, which is worse because you get all excited until you realize the cyber demon has hit the zombie human 10 times already and nothing happens 🤬
Honestly, it was my first big disappointment with the game. Seeing that it did nothing is a stupid thing for them to do.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Bring back monster infighting
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A