• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. DLC inaccessible

User Info: syphonwarrior

syphonwarrior
6 months ago#1
I've been holding off on getting the Doom Eternal DLC until it all came out (had a buncha other games to fill the gap between part 1 and 2)
now that 2 is out i went ahead and purchased the Year One Pass to get both parts together.
Doom Eternal had a version update then there was the installation which took about 45 minutes i think
but now i go into the game and selecting the ancient gods just gives me an error.
https://twitter.com/EienAlrest/status/1372969614070718468
https://twitter.com/EienAlrest/status/1372970236870340620
took some screenshots of my ps4 library to show the dlc installed and not installed? as well as the error screen. i know there are 2 versions of the pass, the one i got was the Add On which i assume is the correct one if you own the game already? any one have any idea what to do?
Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are my favorite games of all time! Thank you MonolithSoft!

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
6 months ago#2
Lol, id is a mess nowadays. There always topics about progress reset and the game freezing. I had several freezing issues. They just can't optimize s*** like back in the old days.
My YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC8OmMlZXYXJmAi_f1vvNPg
Top games this gen: Sekiro>RE2/RE3=DMCV>Witcher 3=RDR2=GOW=BB>Doom>T7>Nioh

syphonwarrior
6 months ago#3
hm. looking into the issue i saw this happened when the first part of the dlc came out too. as many solutions as i attempt nothing seems to work. its weird cause the system says its installed. if i could figure out how to uninstall it and attempt another install. maybe that'll get it
Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are my favorite games of all time! Thank you MonolithSoft!

User Info: Wanz44

Wanz44
6 months ago#4
I purchased Ancient Gods 2 on day one and have no issues at all.
Member since Wednesday December 8, 1999...GT-Wanz
... Former GameFaqs user names; 'Wanz 1' and 'Wanz4'
(edited 6 months ago)

syphonwarrior
5 months ago#5
just in case anyone was curious. figured out the issue thanks to bethesda support tho it was the most obvious thing that we all over here missed
the copy of doom eternal i was given is an eu/uk version so the dlc purchased wouldn't work for it. i was given a free code for the us version and it all works.
i've still got all the cosmetics and such unlocked but all campaign progress and in game milestones reset. not really a big loss just means i get to play the game again (i dont have that extra life mode trophy so yeah) anyway...that's it.
how none of us looked at the PEGI 18 on the box and thought "wait a second" is kind of hilarious
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. DLC inaccessible
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A