• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Why did they turn this into a first person platformer?

User Info: LML_300

LML_300
3 days ago#51
Hairistotle posted...
the boards i frequent people post this unironically. youre not doin urself any favors by makin urself look like a dummy brutha

I don't care how I look on on the internet. It's the internet, the place where 12 year old girls are adults are working for Chris Hanson.

But hey, you know, I call it all good. You laugh at me for looking like a dummy. I laugh at you for being conditioned to no longer being able to recognize a joke post.
XBL: B59RAZOR
PSN: REEVO1776
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
3 days ago#52
Theyve expanded on what was already in doom 2016.
some of the platforming is harder now, but there isnt much penalty for failing jumps. That being said, i still give up on some optional secrets if the jumping required to get them takes too long.
lifes too short.

GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: Hairistotle

Hairistotle
3 days ago#53
im not laughin i just end up think ur a dummy and move on. i dont dwell on that s***

LML_300
3 days ago#54
Hairistotle posted...
im not laughin i just end up think ur a dummy and move on. i dont dwell on that s***

Fair enough. I don't want you to dwell. Just wanted your initial reaction of seriously responding to an obvious joke post.

Rip and tear.

User Info: Hairistotle

Hairistotle
3 days ago#55
\m/

User Info: slashtermk

slashtermk
3 days ago#56
LML_300 posted...
So I originally wrote:

"A bunch of SJWs complained that Doom was too violent and that it need some non-violent game play. So, id Software cucked out and gave in."

I mean... read it. How could any of you possibly think that was a serious post? Obviously, a joke. But at least two of you did treat it as a serious post and responded. LOL.
If you stay on gameFAQS long enough, you'll see posts so unironically stupid you wonder how the user didn't accidentally uninstall their operating system while clicking "post new message"
"Why are you so resistant to the traditional means of separating a man from his soul?"

User Info: Anderjak

Anderjak
3 days ago#57
Mehran456 posted...
Hell i've seen people talk like that about this game unironically
yeah, the problem with parody like that is that the source material spouts it pretty much word-for-word. it's harder than before to say something that can actually be taken as parody, because sure enough, someone with the earnest belief will walk right on in and agree with you and go even further.
sometimes a video game is bad or disappointing or deeply flawed, and that's okay
just play something else that you find fun

User Info: D_R_I_G

D_R_I_G
3 days ago#58
Show us on this imp doll where the bad game touched you.

LML_300
3 days ago#59
D_R_I_G posted...
Show us on this imp doll where the bad game touched you.

Nah. No need to use the doll. I'll just touch myself where the bad game touched me.

User Info: D_R_I_G

D_R_I_G
3 days ago#60
LML_300 posted...
Nah. No need to use the doll. I'll just touch myself where the bad game touched me.
For god's sake, just DON'T rip and tear when you do!
This is the only time i'll ever say don't rip and tear..
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Why did they turn this into a first person platformer?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A