• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Hostility towards people who prefer 2016?

User Info: Lawmay

Lawmay
3 days ago#1
A trend I've been noticing, why so much hatred towards people who say they prefer 2016 over eternal?
http://mightythorpartytime.ytmnd.com/

User Info: stratmatt87

stratmatt87
3 days ago#2
because nobody cares
http://lifesaboutadream.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/training-camp-day-1-007.jpg

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 days ago#3
Not necessarily hatred or hostility, but mostly a big ol' groan at people dismissing Eternal after playing it for 10 minutes, complaining about it for not being "just more Doom 2016" and dropping it. There's a lot of valid critisim to be had against the title, but most of what is propegated here doesn't hold up if you get better or play further in. The game also doesn't give the best first impressions with its first stage imo. Give the game some time.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: rabbid_chaos

rabbid_chaos
3 days ago#4
Raeng posted...
Not necessarily hatred or hostility, but mostly a big ol' groan at people dismissing Eternal after playing it for 10 minutes, complaining about it for not being "just more Doom 2016" and dropping it. There's a lot of valid critisim to be had against the title, but most of what is propegated here doesn't hold up if you get better or play further in. The game also doesn't give the best first impressions with its first stage imo. Give the game some time.
This, most of the people who prefer Doom 2016 just seem to go into a "this game is garbage" attitude and just dismiss the game and anyone who likes it.
Blind Guardian is the greatest power metal band of all time.

User Info: DooM-Slayer

DooM-Slayer
3 days ago#5
To be honest the people on these boards are very polite and show respect to one another.

Something great about the DooM community here and good to see.

You'll get the occasional troll every now and then but the regulars here shut it down pretty quickly, and rightfully so.
Currently Playing: DooM: Eternal (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), NBA 2K19 (1X)
Because many people who prefer 2016 have s***ty reasons for preferring it, and they act really b****y about it.
Playing: Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Doom Eternal
Anticipating: Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII

User Info: DooM-Slayer

DooM-Slayer
3 days ago#7
ArcadianGenesis posted...
Because many people who prefer 2016 have s***ty reasons for preferring it, and they act really b****y about it.

That's not the impression I get when I read the posts from those who prefer 2016.
*shrugs*
Currently Playing: DooM: Eternal (1X), Diablo 3 (1X), NBA 2K19 (1X)
Raeng posted...

I’d like to add that a lot of complaints from those who prefer the last game are simply making nonsensical statements, like Eternal being restrictive, and that the skippable cutscenes are somehow worse than D16’s “stand in place for 3 minutes” stand and talk sections.
"Eternal will be a critical flop. I know that much."-KuzeFromYakuza0

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
3 days ago#9
Raeng posted...
Pretty much this yea
"If you hate me get in line!"

User Info: Xanathar

Xanathar
3 days ago#10
Lawmay posted...
A trend I've been noticing, why so much hatred towards people who say they prefer 2016 over eternal?
It's way more than this, and you know it.

'16 fanboys have been coming in here with low quality troll bait and bad faith arguments to make Eternal seem like a worse game when it's been almost universally praised as a better game with better changes and refinements.

The loudest people in the room are the contrarian naysayers
Yes, I am absolutely an alt
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM Eternal
  3. Hostility towards people who prefer 2016?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A